Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

/\/ollog wrote: »
    probably 2017, if itawa's not going to be talking about it until 2016.

If it's got the games you're interested in, then what does it matter if there's a new console with different games for it coming in a year or two?
    You seem to want some of the games that are already out.

True.

Are there many people online? Will I find plenty of randomers to play with on MK8 and SSBU?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

PedroBear wrote: »
    Understandable. But the term 'mobile platform' might be unsettling for a lot of the old guard Nintendo fans.

I don't know what others think, but I have a Galaxy and I would gladly pay for a beefed up 3DS that made calls and sent texts.

Nobody wants another N-GAGE!!! Seriously!

The mobile games will be games made for the mobile phones, not a new mobile phone platform that is designed for gaming on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

Star Lord wrote: »

The mobile games will be games made for the mobile phones, not a new mobile phone platform that is designed for gaming on.

But the N-GAGE couldn't transfer your game to your living room TV at the swipe of the N-GAGE screen. It's a concept I've seen on Reddit. I think it sounds interesting...I must be missing something?

It's all speculation at the minute, so no point putting some fictional ideas for a console/mobile hybrid up on a pedestal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Simply replace the Gamepad with a New 3DS.
    Perfect demo of what the NX is going to all about although I'd say the default controller will be a more standard device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Star Lord wrote: »

Nintendo N-Gage-X
    Oh my God!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yeah, but...

Is this Project Cars game any good?

I would never even consider a driving game, only for the sheer bloody entertainment of Mario Kart 8.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yeah, but...

Is this Project Cars game any good?

I would never even consider a driving game, only for the sheer bloody entertainment of Mario Kart 8.

I've played PC since alpha. It's not quite simmy as GT, but close enough to Forza series. It's quite good, and probably will be the best (only) car sim Wii U will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I've played PC since alpha. It's not quite simmy as GT, but close enough to Forza series. It's quite good, and probably will be the best (only) car sim Wii U will get.

I'm hoping.. :)

I have NFS most wanted on the Wii U, I find it boring.
    I think that this will be great to have on it. I don't need it on release day though
    Away from car sims..
    I like Sonic and all stars racing too.
    I'd love a re-volt type game, but I feel I may be alone on that. I used to love playing it with my Nephew.

Have they shown anything specifically from the Wii U build of project cars yet? Seems every video comes from the pc build.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Surely the lack of analogue triggers will hurt the game, only having the option of all on or off throttle.

Also, have you seen the Splatoon WiiU bundles, comes with Nintendoland and costs $300.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Surely the lack of analogue triggers will hurt the game, only having the option of all on or off throttle.

Also, have you seen the Splatoon WiiU bundles, comes with Nintendoland and costs $300.

Just saw them now.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/splatoon_wii_u_hardware_bundle_confirmed_for_pal_regions_arrives_in_australia_and_new_zealand_30th_may

The Gamepad would've look pretty cool covered in ink splats :D

I can't find any authentic wii u screens/videos of Project Cars.

Sooo, if you've already purchased the dlc, will it download as soon as it's available or what?

My god, I can't wait for Friday night. Wooo!

Still think the lack of analogue triggers is going to bugger up Project Cars on the WiiU.
    The lack of that finesse with the throttle and brakes is sure to ruin the illusion of reality in the game.
    I'll be interested to see how well it runs though, but I can see myself buying the PS4 version instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,145 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Weren't analogue shoulder buttons removed from PS4 and Xbox One as well? So would PC allow it for a 360 controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Sooo, if you've already purchased the dlc, will it download as soon as it's available or what?

It's out tomorrow though, isn't it?
    Friday night is taken though; that's Ultron night :D

smokingman wrote: »
    Friday night is taken though; that's Ultron night :D

Yeah tomorrow I think. But Friday night will be a marathon (with beer & podcasts).

Literally one of my very favourite things to do.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Weren't analogue shoulder buttons removed from PS4 and Xbox One as well? So would PC allow it for a 360 controller?

Nope, quite the opposite.
    The XboxOne analogue triggers have now got rumble motors of their own, creating a unique tactile experience.
    The new Dualshock on the PS4 has had a number of improvements but the big one is that the lower analogue buttons are now trigger shaped, so feel better when operating them.
    In the WiiU they, for no good reason, left analogue out of the main shoulder buttons and, as a result, Need for Speed feels terrible as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Analogue face buttons were removed from the PS4. Shoulder buttons are still analogue though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If its like the DLC before, its unlocked at exactly midnight here in Ireland.

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    Friday night is taken though; that's Ultron night
    Yeah tomorrow I think. But Friday night will be a marathon (with beer & podcasts).

Literally one of my very favourite things to do.
    If its like the DLC before, its unlocked at exactly midnight here in Ireland.

I hate you all..... :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(

:pac:;):p

Don't worry, we'll tell you what it's like.

:-D:-D:-D:-D

(Karma will repay for this, via the medium of 200cc arse kicking over and over)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

My biggest fear with Project Cars is the steering controls. If it was built with a racing wheel in mind then the transition to analogue sticks may not be smooth.

Forza nails this perfectly. The movement of the analogue stick results in the driver physically turning the steering wheel. It takes a few moments to go from lock to lock which makes it easier to corner smoothly. Compare that to the F1 games which feel a lot more jerky and on/off.

I'm looking forward to it but it definitely won't be a day one until I see it in action with a controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

so did the mario kart dlc come out yet? itll be 7oc by the time i get home to play. cant wait., today is gonna be a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It is out and Baby Park in 200cc is indeed utter madness.

Dammit, I was lax and haven't the golds in 150cc, so 200cc will be some work away.
    Between this and Bloodborne I have this generation of essential games pretty much sewn up!
    Roll on Kirby and Splatoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

How do you get the new content to download?? Does it happen automatically or can you do it through the shop? I've already bought it, just dying to be able to use it now :pac:

Edit: Never mind I see it downloading now after visiting the shop, time remaining: 12 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

animal crossing dlc

i got it as soon i heard about release and botth on the release date and now just waiting until they release it and ive 7 new shy guys and 7 yoshis to enjoy and love play as link but still try get the golden kart its really hard tto get it, oh boy that lighting cup is hard to beat at 150cc

having mii captain falcon is ok but i prefer real tthing i wish they add captain falcon driver to it or give us Fzero wiiu edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody still looking for the Official Gamecube Adaptor for Smash?

Advertisement