Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

Yeah, I watched it for a while there but I don't know.....

It's just.......too Japanese for me....if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

safetyboy wrote: »
    Had to leave it downloading over night. tried 3 times too, got to about 90% after 2 hours then stopped.

What way have you the wifi set up on Horizons? Ive tried every different combo of channels and bands

Wifi is horrible on Horizon in my experience. I'd to revert back and get a router from them again. So much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

safetyboy wrote: »
    Had to leave it downloading over night. tried 3 times too, got to about 90% after 2 hours then stopped.

What way have you the wifi set up on Horizons? Ive tried every different combo of channels and bands
    My is completely standard I haven't changed any settings and ive never had a problem on the wii u. I know others had what's your other devices like on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The wireless ins't 240mbit, your internet is.

The wireless is probably around 30mbit/s if you're lucky.

Also, Nintendo servers are absolute trash, like most console's servers. Just more so, since it's not subsidised.

Ah I know but it does help to get better speeds if others are using the network at the same time. On my phone I get about 100Mbps on 5Ghz and about 60 on 2.4Ghz. I've never done a speed test on the wii u though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,145 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So like most announcements/teases about announcements these days, nothing seems to have come from that suuposed big Famitsu Wii & DS reveal that was reported last month? Looked it up online and found the cover of the magazine, but didn't see anything that stood out. Unless it was some game big in Japan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Got my Wii U and have started playing New Super Mario bros U. Really enjoying it. Have Mario Kart 8 to one side which I have to play yet. Want to get Zelda The Wind Waker next. Nice selection of games I can't get on my PS4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Do not allow Mario Kart 8 to gather dust!
    It's the best game of the current gen of consoles and the DLC has only made it even better value.
    Windwaker is brilliant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's the best game of the current gen of consoles and the DLC has only made it even better value.

Bloodborne says hi!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

sweetie wrote: »
    Bloodborne says hi!

Mmmm more of a tossup, but I probably prefer MK8 purely for the fun factor

• Registered Users Posts: 29,145 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And for the fact I don't have a PS4 or don't really like those types of games, even though I have Demon's and dark Souls sitting unplayed at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And for the fact I don't have a PS4 or don't really like those types of games, even though I have Demon's and dark Souls sitting unplayed at home.

I wasn't really a fan of the souls games either but this is unreal. Sorry for digressing!

Anybody play tetrobot & co, it's currently on sale for 2.99?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sweetie wrote: »
    Bloodborne says hi!

As I've said elsewhere Bloodborne and Resogun are two great reasons to own a PS4, possibly the only two reasons to own one, though Drive Club has finally become the game it was launched to be.
    But Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, NSMBU and Zelda to come, just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

That's high praise indeed. I think I'll pick up the Wii U Mario Kart Premium Pack on sale for €299 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

nc6000 wrote: »
    That's high praise indeed. I think I'll pick up the Wii U Mario Kart Premium Pack on sale for €299 in Argos.

It comes with a proper physical copy of the game as well. There's a lot to be said for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Aren't HMV selling the Premium bundle for €190? It would be better and cheaper to buy that and get MK8 separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Have started playing it but I'm still giving most of my attention to Super Marios bros. U which I have nearly completed. Well the storymode anyway. Haven't collected all the gold coins, but with an ever increasing selection of games to start/finish I may leave that for awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Has there been any news/rumours of Ocarina of Time coming to the Wii U VC at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

sligeach wrote: »
    Aren't HMV selling the Premium bundle for €190? It would be better and cheaper to buy that and get MK8 separately.

Are they? I don't have a HMV near me and their website doesn't mention the Wii U at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Are they? I don't have a HMV near me and their website doesn't mention the Wii U at all.
    as far as im aware it was one store think grafton street that are relocating premises and they are selling off some stock before the move the rest of the stores still have them at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

New Nintendo Direct on May 7 at 3pm UK time, focusing on Splatoon.

Also Playtonic (former Rare employees) unveiled their full 'Project Ukulele' game today. It's titled 'Yooka-Laylee', with 'Yooka' being a chameleon and 'Laylee' being a bat.
    The game is being launched on Kickstarter tomorrow and they hope to have it released on Wii U, along with other platforms.

keyart_final2-614x1024.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm liking the chunky world design, it's a little bit like Sonic Lost World, only, y'know, good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Is Sin and Punishment worth a punt at €14.99?

What about any of the Kirby games? I'm itching for something.

SSBU still sits virtually unplayed. Just can't warm to it, and I've noone to play local with.

SSBU still sits virtually unplayed. Just can't warm to it, and I've noone to play local with.

I feel the same about smash Tbh it's just sitting there unplayed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Buy S&P on disc, it's cheaper and better that way.

They're alright, I guess. But the one I want is Kirby's Adventure and that only has 25% off compared to the rest at 50%. Wii games are overpriced on the eShop. In fact, most all games are.

I'm the same with Smash. I don't know why. I've barely played it.

sligeach wrote: »
    Buy S&P on disc, it's cheaper and better that way.

They're alright, I guess. But the one I want is Kirby's Adventure and that only has 25% off compared to the rest at 50%. Wii games are overpriced on the eShop. In fact, most all games are.

I'm the same with Smash. I don't know why. I've barely played it.

What is it with that game it really is marmite

Best value on eshop are the Snes games imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sin and Punishment is great fun - it's basically a futuristic take on the old arcade game Cabal. Scale is huge, action is frantic but it's a tiny bit ugly these days. Cost me 7 quid on disk, was worth it.

I still haven't activated Mew on SSBU. I just can't be arsed. There's nothing wrong with the game, it's just that pretty much all the other games on WiiU are better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Going to trade SSBU and a couple of others for Kirby & The Rainbow Paintbrush and Puzzle & Dragons next week.

Yay! Other people hate SSB too.... I'm not the only one!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mr E wrote: »
    Going to trade SSBU and a couple of others for Kirby & The Rainbow Paintbrush and Puzzle & Dragons next week.

Yay! Other people hate SSB too.... I'm not the only one!

WAT. This is an outrage sir, an outrage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

New use for the amiibos:

time limited demos from some of the games inc zelda and mario and f zero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

New use for the amiibos:

time limited demos from some of the games inc zelda and mario and f zero

Got it yesterday.

My DK amiibo unlocked Kirby Super Star, and it's 180 second trial.

Just long enough for me to start the 2nd stage.

Advertisement