Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Nintendo were horrible and decided to schedule it while I'm in an exam. Boo. Any hands on impressions I've read have been glowing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone watching it?

I'm at work, and Nintendo (thehut) emailed me a pre-order page for a splatoon console.
    The gamepad looks both good and bad at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was following on neogaf.

So there'll be a demo/stress test for 3 separate hours on Saturday
    4am-5am, 12pm-1pm and 8pm-9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, I just got an email about that too! Will have to see if I can give it a try!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yeah, I just got an email about that too! Will have to see if I can give it a try!

Feck it anyway!
    I'm working on Saturday!

I'm busy Saturday evening, so will miss the 8pm one, but the other two slots could be tried!

The "Splat fests" sound like they could be a laugh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Maybe I'll get up early for the early morning session.
    When will the software be installed on our consoles, and how much space will we need?

It's available to download since 4pm, no idea on size yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Definitely trying it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm home sick so I fired up the eshop. It's a 580mb download for a 1.1gb install.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

a fellow on reddit said it was 1.1 GB.

You mean for those who don't believe me? :o

Cool to see they plan to support the game with content all through the summer.

Cool to see they plan to support the game with content all through the summer.

What do you mean?

All the extra free content updates they have planned after launch until August.

Yeah, eshop says 586.6MB download, to confirm what Mr. F has already stated...

*Edit

My data management says it's 555MB installed, rather than 1GB...

555mb to download installer + same after installation I assume (meaning you need 1.1GB altogether to get it installed).

Seems, all in all, its a pretty good time to get into Nintendo.
    I can imagine Splatoon opening into a larger franchise, single player adventure title, top down or 3/4 view title for the 3DS, card based battle game based on the characters and so on.

It's just nice to be getting some new IP. As absolutely tremendous as Smash, MK8 and Mario 3D World are there's not really a lot they can do to truly surprise you (though 3D World comes closest with it's sheer inventiveness). It's nice to have a game in Splatoon that's it's own new thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's just nice to be getting some new IP. As absolutely tremendous as Smash, MK8 and Mario 3D World are there's not really a lot they can do to truly surprise you (though 3D World comes closest with it's sheer inventiveness). It's nice to have a game in Splatoon that's it's own new thing.

I hear what you're saying but that Mario Kart soundtrack was truly brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Probably late to the party here, but it's been a few weeks since I last venture into the Nintendo forum.

Is the Splatoon beta only playable during the 3 1 hour intervals on Saturday?

Correct... realistically 2 one hour intervals. One of them is in the middle of the night (4am-5am), so that's not practical for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Seems so, luckily I am working all day so can only make the 4-5am slot if I stay up/wake up damn early :(

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Trust my luck. I'm in the same boat myself. In work until half 6 and the better part of an hour and a half to get home.

Thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hopefully this is not the last time they'll run this. The times are terrible though. Middle of sleep. Middle of lunch. Middle of bedtime routine. Will have to see if I can get the kids to apply some pester power to their parents, and then I'll feign a reluctant capitulation before bagsying the Gamepad.

I guess it's because it's to get an hour at a peak time in the main territories: Japan, Europe and America

They'll probably use this to suss out any initial issues then run another one either on or before next weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Rumors of more mariokart dlc on the way next year. Hope its true :)

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Seems so, luckily I am working all day so can only make the 4-5am slot if I stay up/wake up damn early :(

I'm the same, going to be hitting the hay early and dragging me back side out of the cot to give it a go, or I'll just hit the alarm button and go back to sleep, more likely the latter :(

• Advertisement

Rues out doing the Darkness Into Light

Advertisement