Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like no stock landed for Kirby today... no shops have it (and didn't get it yet) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Rainbow Brush Kirby? Smyths Carrickmines had it on the shelves at lunch. €45 I think.
    Whether they have the actual game to go with the box is another story, mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Smyths Jervis had it but no sign of it in Gamestop Henry St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

/waves from Limerick. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Mr E wrote: »

Smyths Ennis Rd have it in stock :p

Cool, thanks elekid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I downloaded Shantae and the Pirate's Curse earlier. I'm on a big 2D platformer kick at the moment and this one was mentioned in a recent thread in the Games forum. It looks good from the video I've watched but haven't seen much discussion on it.

Yeah great game. Finished it with the regular ending on the 3DS. Must go back and get the collectibles to reveal the real final boss and real ending.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Well_H0ly_God

My sympathies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

yoshi is 25yrs old since January 1st

and kirby is 23yrs since April 27

Metroid is 29yrs
    August 6, 1986

Legend of zelda is 29yrs old
    February 21, 1986

pokemon for games yrs its 19yrs old but franchise is 20yrs

Nintendo released 2 games today Kirby and the Rainbow Curse wii u and Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition 3ds

My sympathies.

Ummm... OK.

Any early morning splatooners? How did it go?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Any early morning splatooners? How did it go?

Ssshhh
    They're still asleep....

anyone else for the 12 - 1 splatoon slot? i hope we'll be able to get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Yeah I'm gonna go in at 12, apparently its best to turn off motion controls asap. Getting good reviews though. Where is the best place to preorder this?

depends on what you are after. If you want to get the amiibo bundle then its smyths for 55 of your european monnies.
    But if you just want the game itself its cheaper to buy off gameseek, thegamecollection or simplygames.com havent checked delivery prices but the game itself is 35 euro so you should be able to get it for <40

• Registered Users Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Okay, let's do this. :)

it on!

Definatly a day one purchase for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

So, what are the opinions on Splatoon while I'm sitting here at my desk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Really, really satisfying. Dipping in and out of the ink is incredibly fluid and the whole presentation is loads of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Yeah its really good, those damn rollers, I only copped the warp and the big bomb on the last 10 minutes. Its a day one for me too, did anyone use the motion controls? I turned them straight off.

Think one thing I noticed is it could do with balancing teams so one team doesn't have 3 or 4 rollers against a team with 1 or none.

Not a fan of chargers, but guess just need to get used to everything.

I do like that the squid jump game pauses between matches.

And yeah, turned motion control off

Yeah rollers are a little overpowered (and thus the most fun to use :)). I didn't bother turning off the motion controls (I probably will when I actually get the game) but they weren't too much of a nuisance. Played for the whole hour and would have happily sat there for a long while more. Really enjoyed it.

I heard something from my gamepad at one point. Wonder what that was. Maybe someone calling for help?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hope you guys and gals are having a great time, while the rest of us are working.... Bugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I heard something from my gamepad at one point. Wonder what that was. Maybe someone calling for help?

I think it's when someone presses one of the directional buttons. At the bottom left you can see one is labelled 'To me'.

Loved what I played off it. Played a few matches with motion control and then turned them off which was much better. Wasn't too gone on the charger either but really liked the other 3. The special abilities were varied as well.

It's very manic in a good way. Definitely a purchase for me.

Also great use of the GamePad. That map is essential for strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Right so, day one purchase for me so. After that hour, I'm buying into this.
    Noticed the paint not going down at times, seemed like Splotoons version of lag identification.
    Left the motion controls on as the 5 year old wanted a go and he bends his neck down enough looking at an ipad - motion controls are good for posture; news just in...
    Kinda enjoyed the accuracy but would like to play with the sensitivity a bit.

That, sirs and ladies, was a lot of fun!

by the way; how did people get the super special weapons? specifically that swirling paint column of death!

Advertisement