Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Banjo wrote: »
    Are non-1st party WiiU games shipping with Club Nintendo points, like on 3DS or is it 1st-party only, like on the Wii and GC?
    I got points in all my third party games so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I didn't get any points in Darksiders II, so it's possibly only select third party games?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Was hoping you wouldn't answer, Damo - I just got my DarksidersII from Zavvi, that's why I'm asking :)
    Well, it was shrink-wrapped, so I guess it's by design.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, was the same with mine. Played a bit of it last night, and very much enjoying it! I'd only played a little of the original Darksiders on the PS3, and I think the sequel certainly plays a lot better. I really like the voice acting for Death too, he sounds quite gruff and dismissive!

AskMii provided a list of current games that do ship with points. DArksiders is on it - email them with proof of purchase and they'll look into it.

- ZombiU (WiU)
    - Assassin's Creed III (WiU)
    - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (WiU)
    - Call of Duty: Black Ops II (WiU)
    - Rabbids Land (WiU)
    - Just Dance 4 (WiU)
    - Sports Connection (WiU)
    - FIFA 13 (WiU)
    - Mass Effect 3 Special Edition (WiU)
    - Skylanders Giants (WiU)
    - NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge (WiU)
    - Your Shape®: Fitness Evolved 2013 (WiU)
    - Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (WiU)
    - Marvel Avengers™: Battle For Earth (WiU)
    - NBA 2K13 (WiU)
    - Funky Barn (WiU)
    - SiNG PARTY (WiU)
    - 007 Legends (WiU)
    - Darksiders II (WiU)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Banjo wrote: »
    Far as I can tell from reviews, Chasing Aurora is local multiplayer only. The dynamics rely on only one player having the benefit of the controller screen, so not sure it would work as a network multiplayer game regardless of any technological barriers.

If four people can play locally with Wiimotes, I don't see why four people can't play proper multiplayer...regardless of whatever control method they use.

I'd probably have bought this, but the fact its all locally based has turned me against buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

E3 cannot come fast enough for Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

EnterNow wrote: »
    If four people can play locally with Wiimotes, I don't see why four people can't play proper multiplayer...regardless of whatever control method they use.

I'd probably have bought this, but the fact its all locally based That i have no friends has turned me against buying it.

Fixed:pac:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Fixed:pac:

:D

I don't have four wiimotes either :P

Who has 4 wii motes? I have two and one broken one lol.

• Advertisement

FreezeUp wrote: »
    Who has 4 wii motes? I have two and one broken one lol.

I've only one from my original Wii. Have the Zelda Skyward Sword Ltd set too, but I'm keeping that sealed :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

sorry guys i havent being around much here , trying to do youtube gaming videos.

anyone see that deus ex game being brought over to the wii u with improved boss fights ... gonna buy it and play it a second time i am :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ummmm, anyone know how to get past the 103-2001 error when trying to connect to the internet? All settings are correct to get as far as connecting to my router, but then it errors when connecting to the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I know very little about these things, but is it upc?
    I had a load of trouble connecting when i tried it first.

Is the WiiU being assigned an ip address? I had intermittent problems with that error, I assigned a static ip address to the WiiU at the upper range of the router's scope, narrowed the scope so it no longer overlapped with the static address and reduced the ip lease to 2 hours in case it was running out of available addresses/connections. Not exactly scientific but no probs since.

Be careful messing with router settings if you don't have a PC and a network cable handy! I changed the channel mine was operating on to see if it improved the connection and it must have put it in direct competition with my neighbours' routers, 'cause the connection to everydevice in the house became flakier than a peeled Twirl. I had to stand 10 cm away from the router to get a stable enough signal so's I could log in and change it back!

I changed my router to WEP and the Wii U connected, but when go back to WPA or WPA2, it can't connect.
    What I've done:
    Manually entered IP address, DNS, etc as per instructions found on web. Before seeing these I just got a red X when trying to connect to the router.
    After entering those details, I get a tick for the router but X for the Internet.

I'm sure WPA is the better mode to be on so would prefer to keep it at that.

And, I'm not savvy enough to understand the static IP stuff, could you explain how to go about it for this please?

edit: Okay, I decided to change security settings in the router to download the update. Think I read it addresses the connection issues as well so will worry about connecting normally then.
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I know very little about these things, but is it upc?
    I had a load of trouble connecting when i tried it first.

I'm with Smart.

Edit 2: And after getting the update downloaded, I got errors when attempting to connect to eShop and MiiVerse

Static IP = manually entered IP address (it doesn't change, where a DHCP address is an address the router chooses for you based on an available pool of addresses. eg. if the pool is 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.10, it'll give the first DHCP connection an address of x.1, the next is x.2 etc up to x.10 at which point you're out of addresses). You've already done this.

I turned security off entirely - a hold-over from trying to get my Wii working on my router - and just use MAC filtering to only let my devices connect to the router. The MAC is a unique address that each network card has. The WiiU has a button on the network page that displays it. It can be spoofed, but unless you're running a money laundering ring or a poker website out of your house I don't think you need to worry about some Neuromancer hacking in. If you hide the SSID of the network (it's name) via the router settings and turn on MAC filtering, you make it just difficult enough for a casual WiFi stealer to get on to your network. They need to know an accepted MAC address and the name of your network. It's easier to look for an Eircom router in the neighbourhood that's still using it's default SSID.

Just make sure you add at least 1 device to the MAC filter list before you save and apply settings or you've just locked out your WiFi network:)

Yeah saw the MAC solution online as well, but for some reason my router doesn't have the option of adding MAC address. Or none I can find after looking for a while last night.

WEP works as security that can be accessed by the Wii U so may just go with that.

EnterNow wrote: »
    I've only one from my original Wii. Have the Zelda Skyward Sword Ltd set too, but I'm keeping that sealed :o

lol that's the one I use, nice and gold. Well, dirty yellow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Due in April's Firmware update. Looks like a massive improvement....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Wow, looks much better!

A quick question for you guys. I got a WiiU at launch and noticed a clicking on the gamepad when you pressed on it (it's not the rattling issue people are going on about). I tried to ignore it for a while but it seems to be getting worse and after looking at my friends' gamepads, none of them seem to have this issue. Anyone dealt with nintendo with something similar to this? I'm just wondering if could get a replacement as i'd worry about selling it on the way it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/398210/zombiu-patch-fixes-game-breaking-glitch/

Ubisoft are finally patching ZombiU to eliminate the game breaking bugs. Thank God because I was affected by one of the ones mentioned right before the last level and haven't been able to finish it because of it.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/398375/miiverse-browser-and-smartphone-support-coming-in-may/

Browser and mobile support for Miiverse is to launch in May, with the initial launch pretty basic. A 3DS version is also in development, although no date was mentioned

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/398592/darksiders-2-being-pulled-from-wii-u-eshop-in-europe/

Darksiders 2 is being pulled from the EU eshop on the 31st March. I'm guessing it has something to do with the THQ situation and the Darksiders IP being auctioned in May, although no reason was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Looks like no Battlefield 4 for the Wii U.I was hoping they would release it.
    There will be no touchscreen leg-cutting minigames at launch for Battlefield 4. DICE Creative director Lars Gustavsson told Videogamer a flat "no" in response to a query about the existence of a Wii U version of the military shooter.

"I think overall for me as creative director, number one is to deliver a really great game and experience," Gustavsson explained. "Sometimes, at least for us, it's focus on what you do well and what you know well, and ensure that you deliver something good than trying a bit too much, stretching yourself too thin and risking it. I'd rather play it safe, deliver something really good and then look at the future and what could possibly be done than trying a bit too hard and then, flat."

Just a few minutes earlier, on stage at the presentation, EA Games vice president Patrick Söderlund touted the game as "a new era of interactive entertainment," built on an engine that provided "no excuses. There's nothing really holding us back anymore."

I'll hopefully be getting it on PS4(touch wood),but if it had been coming to Wii U I would have bought it too.

Edit:The Wii U will not be getting Unreal Engine 4 either!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nintend at GDC unveiled a host of new information about the things that will be added to Miiverse in the future:

- Players will be able to follow others, and see who they’re following in-game
    - Ability to send and receive comments while playing a game (in-game)
    - Ability to see “Yeahs” in-game
    - Launch games from posts on the Miiverse timeline/page
    - New features with Miiverse posts, e.g. players will be able to launch into game and specific level from a Miiverse post
    - User-made “sub-communities”
    - Tournament feature — organize and hold tournaments for games.

They had me at 'Tournament feature'

decided to write a list of wii u games i am looking forward too this year that have been announced as of right now and i must admit, the list is quite impressive for the first year of wii u

Injustice god among us
    lego city undercover
    bayonettta 2
    wonderful 101
    xenoblade 2 (x)
    deus ex u
    rayman legends
    assassin creed black flag ( maybe )
    fire emblemx shin megami tensei
    wind waker hd

games i am unsure of

game and wario

all this and e3 is just around the corner and already nintendo have ruined my wallet with the help of the 3ds :(

decided to write a list of wii u games i am looking forward too this year that have been announced as of right now and i must admit, the list is quite impressive for the first year of wii u

Injustice god among us
    lego city undercover
    bayonettta 2
    wonderful 101
    xenoblade 2 (x)
    deus ex u
    rayman legends
    assassin creed black flag ( maybe )
    fire emblemx shin megami tensei
    wind waker hd

games i am unsure of

game and wario

all this and e3 is just around the corner and already nintendo have ruined my wallet with the help of the 3ds :(

Yeah. that's pretty much my list as well, although add in Yarn Yoshi and the 3d Mario and Mario Kart that they announced at a Nintendo Direct and are showing off at e3.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Yeah. that's pretty much my list as well, although add in Yarn Yoshi and the 3d Mario and Mario Kart that they announced at a Nintendo Direct and are showing off at e3.

Mario kart i will have to get if it improves on the community aspect like mario kart 7 with miiverse. i reckon boards get togethers are going to be amazing fun.

New 3D Mario is already written down to be a game of the year contender i will be getting that aswell.

yarn yoshi, i am in the bit of meh with it so far but look forward to see it in action at e3 if shown.

e3 this year is going to be the most interesting.. i cant wait :D

• Advertisement

Is Lego City Undercover worth a buy, its for a 10 year old....

Advertisement