Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It's enjoyable but think it would be more suited to handheld as you literally can't look away from the gamepad. It's a fairly short game also.

That's what put me off the game after reading the Eurogamer review - having to stare at the gamepad the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No NX, Smartphone or Quality of Life at E3, just focusing on Wii U and 3DS. That's according to Iwata.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Corholio wrote: »
    No NX, Smartphone or Quality of Life at E3, just focusing on Wii U and 3DS. That's according to Iwata.

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah saw places reporting this yesterday. He did say when they announced the team up with DeNA, that no word will come out until some point in 2016, most likely E3 or a month or two after that.

Re the smartphone games, I thought they would use that opportunity to announce one or two, as they said they will be releasing a totally of 5 smartphone games in the next year, between now and next E3 2016.

I guess they will announce the smartphone games, which no one has any idea what they will be, in September or October when they announced the replacement of Club Nintendo since they say that it might link up with 3ds, WiiU, PC, smartphone and in the future the 'NX'.

Wonder what's gonna be announced this E3. The 3ds hasn't got much on the horizon tbf. More more more Amiibo I guess. A new game or two for Xmas. And prob about a million trailers for all the games we know about already to come next year. Xenoblade better be out by end of summer cause that just won't cut it as an Xmas release, it's been 3 years now. To the general public. More MK8 DLC which I'm already bored of. More Smash DLC too.

Maybe we will find out FINALLY what Retro are working on too. Better not be another DK lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope they do the treehouse as well. Though at the same time, it might be better for me if they don't since spent so much time watching it last year. :-)

Yeah, maybe Retro game, Devil's Third, Starfox, Giant Robot, that game with the cameras, whatever the 3D World team are working on and I can see another third party game being published by Nintendo, wheteher resurrected, like Bayo 2 and Devil's Third, or new like W101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Splatoon boss fight looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Love it! Very clever use of the swimming mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Only watched a little bit of that so I'm not spoiling it, but looks really good!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hey folks, I haven't been following Splatoon since the Direct before last - does anyone have a link that tells us exactly what we are getting on release day? Previously I saw mention of a large single player campaign and local co-op - are we still getting these? Anyone see them in action?

The email I got basically pitched the game as a 4 player online shooter - no mention of single player or co-op. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hey folks, I haven't been following Splatoon since the Direct before last - does anyone have a link that tells us exactly what we are getting on release day? Previously I saw mention of a large single player campaign and local co-op - are we still getting these? Anyone see them in action?

The email I got basically pitched the game as a 4 player online shooter - no mention of single player or co-op. :confused:

Go on youtube for the splatoon nintendo direct, it's american, but they tell you about the game.

It has 2 player local, one player on gamepad the other on tv+other controller, the example they used was pro controller.

Launch it has 4 maps I think, with at least 5 more coming later on. Sounds like it'll get regular updates.

I haven't heard much about the single player, aside form it's got a decent amount of stages. It's kind of not the biggest selling point imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/fatal_frame/news/project_zero_wii_u_spooks_up_europe_later_this_year.html

I know this isn't news round here, but this is pretty much at the top of my list of wants for this year.

Another reason to love Wiiu.

Nintendo of America announcing their E3 plans tomorrow at around 5pm Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nintendo of America announcing their E3 plans tomorrow at around 5pm Irish time.

Probably similar to the Mega64 vid that came out this time last year, announcing the Directs time and what the Treehouse will be up to. So, another Smash tournament or you think they will go Splatoon as its a few weeks after release to help drum up sales?

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/598140642867466240

They said it on the twitters with a picture like the little macs.

He's making sure his body is ready...

His body is ready now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Star Lord wrote: »
    His body is ready now!!!

That was actually more funny than all the robot chicken skits combined that they did for E3 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Has anyone ordered Kirby from Amazon?

For some reason mine was posted on the 7th with a delivery date of the 18th... pretty frustrated as I love the look of it and am anxious to give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Has anyone ordered Kirby from Amazon?

For some reason mine was posted on the 7th with a delivery date of the 18th... pretty frustrated as I love the look of it and am anxious to give it a whirl.

Mine was the same, but arrived yesterday.

90's Arcade Racer is looking pretty good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Star Lord wrote: »
    90's Arcade Racer is looking pretty good!

When's that out?

Crazy drifting and the Pang clone sold it to me. That second level looked like a proper 3D micro machines too....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Anyone ever changed the battery in the WiiU gamepad? Mone is lucky to last an hour after full charge or is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

safetyboy wrote: »
    Anyone ever changed the battery in the WiiU gamepad? Mone is lucky to last an hour after full charge or is that normal?
    It should be pretty straightforward you can buy an official replacement with a larger capacity:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EZPU0E2/

It's baaaack......

Nintendo UK ‏@NintendoUK 8m8 minutes ago
    The #Splatoon Global Testfire will return for one more round! Saturday 23rd May - 23:00 BST

It's baaaack......

The #Splatoon Global Testfire will return for one more round! Saturday 23rd May - 23:00 BST

Aw, I can't play unless I bring my console back home. :\

Voters gotta vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

safetyboy wrote: »

Yeh I bought it from here and it lasts roughly 6 hours, makes a big difference.

http://www.amazon.fr/Batterie-haute-capacit%C3%A9-pour-Manette/dp/B00EZPU0E2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431708865&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+battery
    Delivery is €7 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

It's baaaack......

Smart of nintendo to drum up interest the week of the launch, cant wait to have another go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Smart of nintendo to drum up interest the week of the launch, cant wait to have another go!

Hmmm. how does one help out with this stress test? I'll be at home for this one.

• Advertisement

Download the demo from the eshop, and run it at 11pm on Saturday 24th. Beer on the left, pringles on the right. :)

Advertisement