Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

/\/ollog wrote: »
    we should get the amiibos and pass them around between us.

Not if someone has grubby dirty sweaty hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Nuts.... Off-TV isn't supported at all... well that's me out :(

On the bright side, I no longer have to worry about who's sweaty hands are all over my Squiddie Amiibo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Good thing we aren't passing senran kagura amiibo around, as it wouldn't be sweaty hands we'd be worried about then.

Just going to impose a self inflicted week's ban there guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Next Saturdays Videogame Nation will be about Splatoon, for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Next Saturdays Videogame Nation will be about Splatoon, for anyone interested

Mentioned it in the bargains thread, - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/event/en-uk/index.html?utm_medium=Nintendo+UK&utm_source=twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Roll call... who is splatting tonight? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mr E wrote: »
    Roll call... who is splatting tonight? :)

I want to but wife wants to watch a snugly movie... x(

Looks like they're having server issues. Got one game, but can't connect now.

Back up, but now getting a maximum connections exceeded error. Jesus... one week before launch too, doesn't bode well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,671 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Complete and utter disaster this demo has been. Didn't even last 5 minutes before crashing. This is not going to go down well. They couldn't get 1 hour of a demo right. It's going to put hesitant buyers off. Well I'm glad I stayed in this Saturday night. :(

Still down. Global Testfire = Global Backfire. G'night folks. :o

... and they shut it down at 12am. PR disaster.

Edit: and up again, apparently. Posting from bed, so I don't care any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not so disappointed that I was watching the Eurovision now!

I couldn't have played it anyway, so I went to the Cinema and caught Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I was hoping/thought it would be all over by the time I got back...
    Servers have just been extended apparently and are back up.
    SplatoonUK sems to be dead

But America is up
    https://twitter.com/SplatoonNA/status/602251797177110528

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

It was disappointing alright, I missed the first testfire so was really looking forward to this. The first hour was a shame, but I guess the point of beta releases is to discover these errors and fix them before release.

However, the game stayed open til 1am, and it played absolutely perfectly from 12 til then. This is a definite buy from me! Game play is superb, maps are very well designed, round time of 3 mins is perfect, all in all this looks like a great game. I do hope they sort out whatever caused the error though, was a real blunder and will look very bad for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Got another half hour or so with it myself and I still want more. One of the more enjoyable multiplayer games I've ever played.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'll be up late on Thursday night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wait....it went on for an extra hour? I got in for 2 games before it screwed up. Damn, could have had more splatting....

Meh, luckily have Friday off work so into Smyths bright and early it is :D

It was a PR disaster. Everywhere is reporting on it this morning. A game thats focus is on online and it had a complete meltdown in its last demo session, not its first. How are we supposed to believe that everything is fine now?

I gave up after 3/4 of an hour. Watched the end of Eurovision on RTE1 +1 and went online to find they'd extended it by an hour. Caught the last 15 minutes only. How many other people gave up, didn't know it was extended or have been completely turned off by the experience?

Nintendo should do another test fire session but the problem now is there's no more weekends left, so playing at 1 in the morning isn't a good idea on a weekday and wouldn't get the same numbers.

It's had its fair share of negative press, no voicechat, a half finished released game, day 1 paywalled amiibo on disc content and now this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sligeach wrote: »
    It's had its fair share of negative press, no voicechat, a half finished released game, day 1 paywalled amiibo on disc content and now this.

It's funny, but the negative stuff I've read has been minimal , with everyone seeming to enjoy it... Save for you.

I think I could read endless neagitive threads about it, and I'd still buy it.. :D:P

I am completely in the dark about what to expect (in terms of playing), as I've had zero minutes/seconds hands on with it.
    I can't wait to get it (and my wii u) up and running.

My Nephew will hopefully be my first victory when he comes back from holidays and I am (hopefully) experienced after some training.. :D
    I was slaughtered in MK8 and haven't forgiven him..:o

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's funny, but the negative stuff I've read has been minimal , with everyone seeming to enjoy it... Save for you.

"Some people just want to watch the world whinge"...

Star Lord wrote: »

Who said I didn't enjoy it? Was the first hour fun last night though? I'd the game pre ordered months ago and paid for now. Not everything is perfect, not by a long shot as demonstrated by last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They should run another Testfire during the week just to say everything is fine and dandy. First Testfire went off without a hitch (also the Testfire servers and the actual game servers are two different things).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I know I'm a bit late to the game but I only bought mario kart 8 a few days ago. Deadly craic!

Would there be any interest in a boards tournament some evening?

I know I'm a bit late to the game but I only bought mario kart 8 a few days ago. Deadly craic!

No thanks. I already have league commitments elsewhere and there's very few nights that it would suit me at least.

There is a boards league somewhere on this forum. no arranged times though but feel free to suggest a time that you're free. Also, share your NNID and we can add you via miiverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

smokingman wrote: »
    There is a boards league somewhere on this forum. no arranged times though but feel free to suggest a time that you're free. Also, share your NNID and we can add you via miiverse.

Grand, I'll see if I can find the thread. Thanks!

• Advertisement

A playlist of Yoshis Woolly World gameplay videos. The game looks ridiculously gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLmzNOj_HPsNvkr6zspR_VsJQCPSFPjHmX&v=pl6flPWnMEA

Advertisement