Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

smokingman wrote: »
    So what's the deal on Friday with Splatoon so?

1: Who's getting it Friday? (I am)
    2: Can we all meet online or do we have to wait for this first update for friend lobbies?
    3: If we have to wait, is there any way friends can play online against each other day 1?

Ill be getting it friday too, hopefully there will be a few more friday boardsies and we can head into the same lobby for a bit of auld dercorating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

safetyboy wrote: »
    I went to buy OlliOlli on wiiU last night for 4.99 but it said if you buy the 3ds version you get WiiU version free, sure the 3DS version is 9.99 so basically its not free.

The 3DS version description said (when I bought it) that if you buy the WiiU version you get the 3DS version free, the WiiU description vice versa. Would seem odd for them to drop the price of one and not the other, but I'd have your 3DS open, check the description is the same, stick it beside your Gamepad and get a photo of you buying the cheaper one, then complain later if you don't get your cross-buy :D

If memory serves I had to restart the 3DS eShop after the WiiU purchase and then got an offer price of €0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A quick WiiU question.
    My 32gb is fast running out of space.
    Is it ok to just use a USB stick or am I looking at a hdd, what advice is there, what have you lot found to work?

On the subject of running out of space, I was watching some Xenoblade Chronicles X gamplay by IGN and they mentioned you can download data packs from the e-shop that will help load times. 10GB in total according to this link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/xenoblade_chronicles_x_will_use_downloadable_data_packs_to_expedite_loading_times. The game looks pretty good from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

My copy of Splatoon has been posted!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Good news everyone!

Just got a lovely email from Gameseek to say that Splatoon has been posted!
    Now I rely on the Royal Mail to deliver it to me in jig time.
    Hopefully have it by Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And I just got a mail today to say my copy of Kirby has been dispatched from tGC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I popped into smyths at lunch to see would they give it to me on Thursday, NOT A HOPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And I just got a mail today to say my copy of Kirby has been dispatched from tGC

Do they come up as Swansea curveball leisure centre on your bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Hmmm, might take a doddle into Gamestop (I know, I know, it's either that or be damned) on Friday, see if they have it.

I'm doubting it, because the local one doesn't even have WiiU wall displays anymore, but if it's there, it's there.

I really have **** to do this weekend, but damnit, I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Paid using Paypal and it's showing as "Curveball leisure Ltd" yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Great idea. Absolute kick in the balls it's not in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Mr E wrote: »
    :mad::(

I immediately went digging through the small print, to see if there was a "Not in Europe" part, and was mildly elated when I couldn't find it.

Went back to purchase page, and lo and behold, there it was in the strap at the top.

Now I'm sad.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CastorTroy wrote: »
    OwaynOTT wrote: »

My copy of Kirby arrived today. The invoice in the envelope says it's posted from Swansea.

Has anybody had their copy of Splatoon posted from thegamecollection.net yet? Mine hasn't and they haven't responded to my e-mails. I want it by Friday otherwise it'll be Tuesday at least before it arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

sligeach wrote: »
    My copy of Kirby arrived today. The invoice in the envelope says it's posted from Swansea.

Has anybody had their copy of Splatoon posted from thegamecollection.net yet? Mine hasn't and they haven't responded to my e-mails. I want it by Friday otherwise it'll be Tuesday at least before it arrives.

Took them 48 hours to respond to me when I emailed them (about a different game though)

cloud493 wrote: »
    Took them 48 hours to respond to me when I emailed them (about a different game though)

I sent the first e-mail on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I emailed the gamecollection before about items arriving in time.
    Hi Allyall,
    As it's classed as European Delivery, estimated arrival time is 3-5 days and as we normally dispatch 1-2 days before release date, we would not be confident of getting the game to you on the day of release.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
    Kind Regards,
    Jack
    The Game Collection - Customer Service Team
    Tel: 08456 021 847 / 01792 704 379
    Help: http://www.thegamecollection.net/help/

logo_tgc-2014.jpg

They're not all as they first seem anyway.
    They charge delivery for each game individually to Ireland, and it often ends up being normal price.
    The only way you could really take advantage of them most of the time, is with 5 special offers delivered to parcel motel.

Allyall wrote: »
    I emailed the gamecollection before about items arriving in time.

They're not all as they first seem anyway.
    They charge delivery for each game individually to Ireland, and it ends up being normal price.
    The only way you could really take advantage of them, is with 5 special offers delivered to parcel motel.

That's f*cking ridiculous. They have the game now. They know it takes longer to deliver to Ireland and sending it out 1-2 days before launch day, delivery takes 3-5 days. Do the maths. That's not on. Their are people in the UK that I know will be getting it delivered tomorrow, admittedly not through thegamecollection.

I'm going to send a major rant e-mail to them if this happens. People want the game on launch day. Most games launch on a Friday, to do what they do, it's the following Monday at the earliest before it'll arrive. And because of the bank holiday, it'll be Tuesday at least. I told them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

sligeach wrote: »
    Their are people in the UK that I know will be getting it delivered tomorrow

Some have it today.

I'm watching a guy who got it today from gameseek on the twitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Every time a new game is released I see you guys sweating to get it on time and messing around with parcel motels and stuff, and that's probably after an hour trawling websites to find the cheapest option etc.

Just buy it locally!!! support Irish jobs, pay an extra tenner surely your time is worth that.

• Advertisement

N/S America Only.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's been mentioned a couple of times already, but worth restating:
    The Humble Nindie Bundle is region-locked and can only be redeemed on North, Central, and South American Wii U and 3DS consoles (with the exception of Brazil). See full list of countries here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Apologies lads

Time for a new avatar. :pac:

39 hours to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

iamtony wrote: »
    Every time a new game is released I see you guys sweating to get it on time and messing around with parcel motels and stuff, and that's probably after an hour trawling websites to find the cheapest option etc.

Just buy it locally!!! support Irish jobs, pay an extra tenner surely your time is worth that.

it's a curve graph isn't it, depends on how early you want to play and how much you want to pay.

Mr E wrote: »
    Time for a new avatar. :pac:

39 hours to go....

I've a half day on Friday too, but it'll be interrupted by the NCT.

The NCT centre is beside Smyths though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

amateur! Got mine (retested) on monday... remember to check your headlight alignment and assemble all those fancy extra seats folded up in the boot up!

See, if only it supported Off-TV play, you could bring along your WiiU and play the game while you waited for a man with a pencil behind his ear to find an arbitrary reason for you to pay an extra €28 and give up another afternoon of your precious paint-splattering life.

Banjo wrote: »
    See, if only it supported Off-TV play, you could bring along your WiiU and play the game while you waited for a man with a pencil behind his ear to find an arbitrary reason for you to pay an extra €28 and give up another afternoon of your precious paint-splattering life.

Too late for that, this is the extra €28/extra afternoon that they're taking!
    (And yeah, headlight alignment on the passenger side is one of the issues!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

/\/ollog wrote: »
    it's a curve graph isn't it, depends on how early you want to play and how much you want to pay.

I'd say the frustration when it doesn't show up launch day is worth paying a bit extra for alone.
    Each to there own I just can't understand it at all.

Advertisement