Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

iamtony wrote: »
    I'd say the frustration when it doesn't show up launch day is worth paying a bit extra for alone.
    Each to there own I just can't understand it at all.

The only places I can think of where it's available in Ireland are Gamestop and Smyths. It's €50 there, and is €35 from the UK (Due to bad exchange rate).

That's quite a saving, over 30% i think, or Watchdogs..
    There a lot of games that can be purchased for the wii u for the €16+ remaining cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like reviews will start appearing at 3pm today (7am PT)

https://twitter.com/jose_otero/status/601048044902088704/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm off Friday as well. I wonder if i have to wait for the text from Smyths before I can collect it, or if I can just go down in the morning.

I think it's time to move to the main Splatoon thread in the General Gaming forum. May even make non Wii U owners curious about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

iamtony wrote: »
    I'd say the frustration when it doesn't show up launch day is worth paying a bit extra for alone.
    Each to there own I just can't understand it at all.

Personally, I don't mind when I get a game usually.
    some games I can wait 2 or 3 weeks for, some I can wait forever, some I want at least in the first week.

And then there's the ones I want on launch. Mario Kart 8 was the latest example of that for me.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/splatoon-nintendo-wii-u/dp/41131381#bc=7c89 Like I wouldn't be buying this game from here after playing the testfire, it's a game I want at least the week after launch.
    Before the testfire, it was a game I'd be okay with getting the next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm off Friday as well. I wonder if i have to wait for the text from Smyths before I can collect it, or if I can just go down in the morning.

i think they send the email the night before the launch, they did the last time anyway when i preordered smash last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Thegamecollection are finally sending out the Splatoon orders. C U Next Tuesday Splatoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Fingers crossed you have it for Friday! It's still possible! (Unlikely, but possible!)

Well they dispatched Kirby on Tuesday for me, so if I get it tomorrow, it may be a good sign for you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No good to me tomorrow, I'm working the next day and some woman who lives with me seems to want to share the TV, madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No good to me tomorrow, I'm working the next day and some woman who lives with me seems to want to share the TV, madness!
    Yeah that no off TV play is a shame I may have to move the Wii u to the bedroom at least that's where the horizon box is so I can plus straight in rather than wifi.

• Advertisement

Great news, your order from The Game Collection has been despatched and will be with you shortly.

Ahh~ http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gifv

First couple of Splatoon reviews. Both holding off on a final rating until multiplayer servers are open with game launch.

IGN Splatoon Review in Progress: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/27/splatoon-review - final score over the weekend.

Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-27-nintendo-colours-outside-the-lines-in-the-lovable-but-irksome-splatoon - full review next week.

I rang Gameseek, and got through to a very hot sounding female :D.
    I asked would Splatoon be delivered by Friday, she obviously didn't know as it is classed as International when shipping to Ireland.
    But she could tell me that it will be dispatched today if I order before 4:30PM.

I ordered. :D:D

Would I have been better off shipping to Parcel Motel? I only thought about it now, and it would have only been an extra €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Looks like single player is good also.

https://twitter.com/AutomaticZen/status/603565605761986560

The last boss is insane. I watched someone beat it last night.
    Think Frieza.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Allyall wrote:
    Would I have been better off shipping to Parcel Motel? I only thought about it now, and it would have only been an extra €1.

Probably :(

sweetie wrote: »
    Probably :(
    Yeah, I figured. too late now anyway.
    It has ben posted though :), so now I wait.

If I had used PM, i'd still have a chance of getting it over the weekend too..
    Ah well..

Also, I paid €34.46 on Gameseek, but my statement says €38.90 and €1 FX charge.. :(
    So they charge in Sterling anyway, even though they have a euro option.. :confused: And they have their own exchange rate it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-27-splatoon-stock-swiped-in-nintendo-lorry-heist

Bad craic for anyone that had it ordered from GAME.

:mad:

I wonder was it targeted..

"Listen Boys, there's a lorry load of inklings gonna be passing over the lower East bridge, see. I want that truck and all of the inklings inside it stopped."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You sayin' those squids are gonna be sleepin' with the fishes?

• Advertisement

I was due to be away tomorrow night, but I'll be home now.

success-kid-little-boy-fist-on-beach.png

Smyths have them in stock but wont dish them out till 9am tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

No sign of the squid boy and girl amiibos tho, they arent listed on smyths website at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

What do you make of the reviews so far lads? A few have complained about the lack of content. I suppose it's pretty hard to judge until you have actually played it :)

I think I'm going to hold out and save my money for Yoshi's Wooly World at the end of June. Man that game looks so adorable.

Got my Smyths text 1 minute past closing time that I have my preorder.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

safetyboy wrote: »
    Smyths have them in stock but wont dish them out till 9am tomorrow.

Damn, I'm working all day tomorrow.
    Might contrive a reason to nip into Smyth's in the morning.....
    Although I will still be missing the squid inkling :(
    Hopefully it won't be too pricey on fleabay in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got my e-mail saying copy is reserved in Smyths and also got an Amazon shipping message for the other 2 Amiibos. Got all of tomorrow off.

Today was a good day :D

Splatoon downloading, plan to go painting for breakfast. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Mr E wrote: »
    Splatoon downloading, plan to go painting for breakfast. :)

Same here!

I really need to get a bigger usb stick :pac:

• Advertisement

Smyths really teased me when I was down. They were all on display behind the counter and the guy I was talking to didn't fall for the "What's that over there?" ploy

Advertisement