Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, I'm working all day tomorrow.
    Might contrive a reason to nip into Smyth's in the morning.....
    Although I will still be missing the squid inkling :(
    Hopefully it won't be too pricey on fleabay in the coming weeks.

There's 4 squid inkling & game packs left in smyths naas - 55 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

ammibo's 35e on amazon.fr already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Anyone played splatoon yet? I have it coming from shopto so prob won't get it till next week.

safetyboy wrote: »
    ammibo's 35e on amazon.fr already

Splatoon boy is £32 on Amazon UK now. Was £13.99 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

If someone buys a 3 pack form america wants to finish all the challenges and sell them cheap on adverts i'm all for it.

I started downloading it at 1 past midnight, only took 20 minutes and another 5 to install, much better than the eshop games i bought around launch and mario kart 8. Of course mk8 was probably bigger.

I said "sure I'll try it out" and "one more game" until almost 2am.
    Got very laggy in one of the matches, where I couldn't ink any floor for 10 seconds at a time several times.

The mall map is pretty bad when the other team splat everyone and camp the ramp into the middle. Hard to get past them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Post has come and gone and no Splatoon. :( Tuesday at the earliest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

2D Splatoon on Windows!
    http://angelwirestudio.blogspot.ie/2015/05/splatoon2d.html

I mirrored it because the download there seems slugish.
    http://nollog.net/MyBin/Splatoon2D.exe

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bought it this morning before lunch and woman behind me looking for it as well. Had one bundle left by the look of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Started playing Mario Kart 8 the other night and the 2 year old loves it. She has a thing for pink and cats so I ended up playing as princess peech in the cat suit driving a pink car.

I miss the days of playing as Wario already.

Still better than me having to endure Dora!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo PR representatve hosting tomorrow’s Japanese Nintendo Direct
    nintendo-morimoto-656x369.jpg

Tomorrow’s Japanese Nintendo Direct won’t be delivered by company president Satoru Iwata. Instead, it’s being hosted by Mr. Morimoto, who is a part of the PR team.

Morimoto was originally introduced during the April 2015 Nintendo Direct. He’s the man standing next to Iwata in the image above.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-pr-representatve-hosting-tomorrows-japanese-nintendo-direct/

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053833

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sab_Mas/status/604282663059390464

The Japanese Nintendo Direct will take place at 11a.m. Irish time tomorrow morning.

Got to figure Iwata's in a bad way and it's probably the real reason why he won't be in attendance at E3 either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Started playing Mario Kart 8 the other night and the 2 year old loves it. She has a thing for pink and cats so I ended up playing as princess peech in the cat suit driving a pink car.

I miss the days of playing as Wario already.

Still better than me having to endure Dora!!
    My 3 year old is the same. Peach in the pink Wario car every time.

My 6 year old finished 1st in a 50cc GP race unassisted for the first time today, she was over the moon. Feels sort of wrong to be proud of her gaming achievements ;-)
    Incidentally, she gave Splatoon a ringing endorsement based on Dojo mode. Only downside is one of the player avatars in 2player has to be a boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

This is the feed for tomorrow mornings Japanese Direct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDDwZ7A4QIk

Brother was over to help me with some diy so what better to get you ready for an early morning to late evening physical labour session than staying up 'til 3am, drinking and playing Splatoon!
    Finally got to order some gear from the water protester in the alley but he's taking his sweet time delivering...now says it'll be tomorrow..waster... :(
    The two player is honestly more craic when you just ignore the baloons. Sure, there's no kill score at the end, but when the kills are so much fun in the first place, who cares?
    Going to be online all night after a long soak so might cyez all later.

Just saw a Power Glove being used in Kung Fury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

smokingman wrote: »
    Brother was over to help me with some diy so what better to get you ready for an early morning to late evening physical labour session than staying up 'til 3am, drinking and playing Splatoon!
    Finally got to order some gear from the water protester in the alley but he's taking his sweet time delivering...now says it'll be tomorrow..waster... :(
    The two player is honestly more craic when you just ignore the baloons. Sure, there's no kill score at the end, but when the kills are so much fun in the first place, who cares?
    Going to be online all night after a long soak so might cyez all later.

tried to join you there but my conection failed

tried to join you there but my conection failed

Won't be on tonight but will tomorrow, might cya then sometime after 9pm if you're about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will be getting a Wii U port, Bandai Namco have a free to play Wii U game in development, and Sonic and Mario are going to continue being Olympians next year on Wii U and 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Given the Mario / Sonic olympics games, it's a little disappointing that there's no Wario / Ganondorf crossover game themed around the FIFA elections and world cup bids.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Given the Mario / Sonic olympics games, it's a little disappointing that there's no Wario / Ganondorf crossover game themed around the FIFA elections and world cup bids.

I'm sure the Qatar World Cup on Nintendo will be entirely be set in the Legend of Zelda worlds of Gerudo Valley and Goron City!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Or Isle Delfino...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Or Isle Delfino...

Without the sunglasses!
    Super Glare is super effective!

Another stadium in Dry Dry Desert!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Axoim Verge a possibility on Wii U or 3DS according to Dan Adelman, saying Nintendo wants the game on one of their systems.

Is gamestop online the cheapest place for the Yoshi bundle? €59.99. Instore says they're charging €69.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is gamestop online the cheapest place for the Yoshi bundle? €59.99. Instore says they're charging €69.99

Is that true? I see it on the smyths website for €69.99 too, so I assume this is the going rate. I preordered it in GameStop instore so I'm not sure what they'll be charging me, but since it was instore it's reasonable to assume they'd charge me the instore price. :) Maybe I should cancel that pre-order and re-pre-order it online. :pac:

Yeah was down in gamestop asking today after seeing it online last night. Figured would order instore if was the online price but nope

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories is coming to the Wii U, announced by Natsume today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah was down in gamestop asking today after seeing it online last night. Figured would order instore if was the online price but nope

I have a friend in GameStop and asked him today, he told me that they're charging €59.99 for the amiibo bundle instore. The separate game is €69.99 on the website, but that's a placeholder when it goes online first and it'll be cheaper than the amiibo bundle come release day (it'd be crazy otherwise). He checked the system and it says €59.99 for the amiibo bundle so that's the price and will stay at that price. :) GameStop cheaper than Smyths by a tenner, what's the world coming to?! :pac:

Must drop in and ask again. He must've looked at the wrong one then.

Lads, since Zelda is not out till next year, I have a feeling that at E3, they will announce Twilight Princess HD for Xmas release. I for one would love that! It's nearly ten years old so, that's another reason to remake/release it. What you think?

• Advertisement

Advertisement