Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks like F-Zero by another name!

Can't wait to race as Captain Falcor...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Star Lord wrote: »

I had the Wii one and it wasn't bad. Deffo not to F-Zero standard but still pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Star Lord wrote: »

If it means flying a Luck Dragon around a track, I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks more like Wipeout tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing (never played it but it had a huuuugemongous following so it can't be that bad... can it?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

smokingman wrote: »

So, a Wipeout clone....
    And, looking at Wipeout on the PS2, even its own developers can get it wrong and very few others have gotten this type of racer right, aside from FZeroGX/AX.
    Powerdrome on the PS2 was another good one but the list of initially promising but ultimately disappointing futuristic racers is long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-getting-free-ika-musume-squid-girl-collaboration-costume/

Did people post this already?

Squid Girl is coming to Splatoon as gear. Can't wait.

It was posted in another thread... but by you, so that's ok :D

Free stuff is always good news. The first time I read it I was hoping you had typoed, and it was the inkling girl coming to Smash Bros or something like that. Don't know who Squid Girl is, so a little less excited :( Be interesting to see if she's a DLC costume set (ie customer helmet, clothes and shoes) or a settable model preference - a 3rd gender! - that can be outfitted with your own gear. If she's a costume it could make things a little bland if everyone's using the same gear for a while, and you get a bad set of unlockable skills on it, that could be a kick in the nards. Hopefully she's the beginning of a broader offering for more cosmetic customisation of your inkling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This is proooobably fake, but still a bit of tempting fun....

CGpwwt0VIAAYNWe.jpg:large

Banjo wrote: »
    It was posted in another thread... but by you, so that's ok :D

Free stuff is always good news. The first time I read it I was hoping you had typoed, and it was the inkling girl coming to Smash Bros or something like that. Don't know who Squid Girl is, so a little less excited :( Be interesting to see if she's a DLC costume set (ie customer helmet, clothes and shoes) or a settable model preference - a 3rd gender! - that can be outfitted with your own gear. If she's a costume it could make things a little bland if everyone's using the same gear for a while, and you get a bad set of unlockable skills on it, that could be a kick in the nards. Hopefully she's the beginning of a broader offering for more cosmetic customisation of your inkling though.

When splatoon was announced, the mangoko(comic artist) done drawed a colab of his character(humanoid-squid) with the splatoon inkling.
    He's been loving it.

It's a dream crossover nobody ever expected to happen, but made a lot of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Been looking for windwaker for months and could not get it, so I just bought a code on ebay for £23, its currently downloading:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Been looking for windwaker for months and could not get it, so I just bought a code on ebay for £23, its currently downloading:)

Couldn't find a physical copy on adverts, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Couldn't find a physical copy on adverts, no?

No, i prefer digital games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No, i prefer digital games anyway.

Must be the collector in me but I have an aversion to digital only games and I suppose I'm always afraid something would go wrong with the digital copy.

Anyway, enjoy the game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yep, same here.
    I don't want to be at the mercy of some server run by Sony/Nintendo/MS so when they decide to do some rationalisation on their back catalogue akin to Netflix I won't be denied to download and play the game I've paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I don't own splatoon but it looks like I'm in for the night. Anyone lookin to play Mario kart or black ops 2 let me know.

ID: eoinzy

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What external HDDs do you use on the Wii U? I'm now out of space on my premium console.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I know it's probably not the most reliable way of doing it, but I just stuck a good quality USB key in the back. Quick, easy and cheap... although I'll probably be cursing it when I have to redownload a pile of games in the not too distant future.

I use an old caddy i had lying around and an old laptop either 250 or 500 gb 2.5 inch hard drive inside it with a y-cable.

I have a lot of free space. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Advertisement

come on play-as-Inkling and unlock-with-squid-amiibo....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

What external HDDs do you use on the Wii U? I'm now out of space on my premium console.

I just use one of these and have never had any problems. I used a hard drive in the past but it was a bit messy I thought, docking it and having to power it. USB stick is so much handier, pop it in and forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I use a Seagate Backup Plus portable HDD, 2TB. Needs a Y cable (I happened to have one lying about to use) but works perfectly.

I've the black one and it sits nice and discretely behind my black Wii U.

I just popped in an old 250gb hdd I had been using on the Wii and forgotten about.
    Only problem is I don't have enough usb ports, as I've got the broadband adaptor plugged into one of the rear ports already and this HDD also needs a Y cable.
    So, I have moved ethernet to the front and the HDD now owns the rear ports, can't use an unpowered hub afaik as it'll reduce the power to the HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Cube Life Island Survival is selling well in America and getting decent reviews. Expected here at the end of the month.

Terraria is coming to Wii U and 3DS in October. I like Terraria.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Xenoblade Chronicles X 'boring' apparently. Kotaku import preview:

http://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-the-kotaku-import-preview-1710008103

I'll wait for the official reviews. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone know when Wooly World reviews are due, since I think it's out here before America?

Terraria is coming to Wii U and 3DS in October. I like Terraria.

But, why buy it all over again?
    My son plays it on the Vita, 360 and PC, preferring the high resolution and densely packed levels of the latter.
    What on earth is an edition for the WiiU this late in the game, no pun intended, going to achieve?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But, why buy it all over again?
    My son plays it on the Vita, 360 and PC, preferring the high resolution and densely packed levels of the latter.
    What on earth is an edition for the WiiU this late in the game, no pun intended, going to achieve?

I like things on consoles more than PC and I got it in the first place as part of a Humble Bundle so I haven't paid too much for it anyway.

Advertisement