Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose its a but like Cave Story, you can get it for free on the PC and an amazing conversion, also free, for the PSP but its a rare beast to find on the 3DS, in physical form at least.
    The bonus is the 3D and the improved visuals but that's it.
    Cost me a few Bob to buy as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

This Splatoon end boss is proving tricky after a few wine...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,148 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I suppose its a but like Cave Story, you can get it for free on the PC and an amazing conversion, also free, for the PSP but its a rare beast to find on the 3DS, in physical form at least.
    The bonus is the 3D and the improved visuals but that's it.
    Cost me a few Bob to buy as well!

:eek: Bet it wasn't this much though.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Cave-Story-3D-for-Nintendo-3DS-/121663380662?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c53b3dcb6

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, no it wasn't.
    But the cart is an expensive one to find in general

• Registered Users Posts: 18,148 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have seen it 4 times in the past 4 years, once in gameslop in finglas and once in CeX in Lisburn other two were private sellers looking for €50 and €30 :( for it, both of those sold theirs ages ago, looks like a fun game but now all it is is another one for the hoarders to acquire, seeing as I'm a hoarder I needs to be getting one soon.

• Advertisement

I got mine through a search of Gamestop branches online, found one and picked it up for their asking, around 35 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think I got the last be one showing up on the map from GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So, some pre-E3 news for the Wii U is that The Devils Third is due out August 28th in Europe.

The game looked a bit nuts and full-on, not sure what to think of it, but it's interesting if nothing else!

Oh, and Splatoon! will be part of the Nintendo World Championships.

In other news Watchdogs on the WiiU is on par with the PS4 version, at least in terms of being a game that sucks, and sucks big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In other news Watchdogs on the WiiU is on par with the PS4 version, at least in terms of being a game that sucks, and sucks big time.

CEX it is then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Star Lord wrote: »
    So, some pre-E3 news for the Wii U is that The Devils Third is due out August 28th in Europe.

The game looked a bit nuts and full-on, not sure what to think of it, but it's interesting if nothing else!

Oh, and Splatoon! will be part of the Nintendo World Championships.

I bet reviews will be calling it The Devil's Turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

Mr E wrote: »
    Xenoblade Chronicles X 'boring' apparently. Kotaku import preview:

http://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-the-kotaku-import-preview-1710008103

I'll wait for the official reviews. :o

Kotaku, so edgy, even the editors cut themselves on their articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I don't think I ever really believed it was going to come here anyway, but TVii is now, definitely not coming to Europe.
    Nintendo has hammered home the final nail in TVii's coffin and removed it from the Wii U's home screen in Europe.
    The company's Wii U TV programme guide app never made it to European shores, so it is little surprise that the latest Wii U firmware update has killed the TVii menu option for good.
    It's more of a surprise that the option sat on the Home screen for more than two-and-a-half years, only to bring up an error code when tapped...

Devils Third 'Trailer' is a bit long and Japanese. From 7:17, is that the view from the Gamepad? Is the Gamepad used with the Wii U as nintendo wanted, with this game?

€59.99 to pre order in Gamestop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Bloodstained ritual of the night is going to be ported to the wii u after its successful kickstarter campaign. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/description

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Another good review about cubelife, but from a more well known source.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/cube_life_island_survival

I'm living vicariously through this forum, but I can't wait to be able to lie down on a couch and have Cubelife, Cubemen 2, Steamworld dig on the gamepad.

Not to mention all of the games I was in the middle of. (Bayonetta (not 2 yet), SMB3DW, Sonic racing, Windwaker......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Earthbound Beginnings, aka Mother 1 announced on Wii U VC. At least in the States

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The MC at the World Championships said there could be previously unknown exclusives.

Wonder what time this will be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The MC at the World Championships said there could be previously unknown exclusives.

Wonder what time this will be over.

A game called 'Blast Ball' for the 3DS

CHfwp0VWsAE8ya3.jpg:large

Yep, which looks very like Metroid. Metroid Prime on 3DS to be revealed?

And with Smash as the semi final game, we may get a new game for the final.

• Advertisement

Mario Maker for the final. Nice choice.

I've never really been into watching other players playing games in tournaments but that speed run was great fun to watch.

That was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Great idea to have it.

And winner deserved it after doing that final level with little trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Based on what they showed in the Nintendo World Championships last night, Super Mario Maker is going to be absolutely awesome.
    https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/610251599663882240
    https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/610251164400009217
    https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/610247507101114369

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Wasn't too pushed on Mario Maker but that final has sold it to me big time

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice Wii U promotion. Download demos of Nindie games to get 15% off the full titles when they come out. Some great looking games here too.

Demos are in eshop now (apparently).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Mr E wrote: »
    Nice Wii U promotion. Download demos of Nindie games to get 15% off the full titles.

did anyone try these out yet? I downloaded lovely planet, its um definitely unique.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Anyone else see that Rare collection the XBox is getting - including Jet Force Gemini, 2 Banjo Kazooies, Conker and Perfect Dark - and feel their heart break just a little bit? Game of Thrones last night and now this? I'm not sure I can take this any more...

Although there are a few games on the list that were published by Nintendo - did they reach some sort of accord that will allow JFG and the rest to come to VC as well?

Advertisement