Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Holy cráp. Just saw Zelda Wii U is for sale in France (Intermarche) for €119.50..http://i.imgur.com/mYEzEBP.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't think that's necessarily a good thing.. :confused::( Hopefully it's some sort of clearance/closing down sale.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My Wii U just turned itself on :S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

:P:P

You can become your Amiibo in Super Mario Maker? :eek:
    http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/i7YeZxnWhEFX6ST-sLdUBGmLoZivzNP5
    :D

That could be cool.. Samus in Mario Land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Banjo wrote: »
    Anyone else see that Rare collection the XBox is getting - including Jet Force Gemini, 2 Banjo Kazooies, Conker and Perfect Dark - and feel their heart break just a little bit? Game of Thrones last night and now this? I'm not sure I can take this any more...

Although there are a few games on the list that were published by Nintendo - did they reach some sort of accord that will allow JFG and the rest to come to VC as well?

Not to forget Blast Corps, which is also included! I've an Xbox One as well as my Wii U so I'm really excited for this collection, some great titles on there and only €30. Solar Jetman is also included, one of the first games I ever played back in the NES days, looking forward to playing it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I finally got a (3rd party) GameCube controller adapter and the difference it makes to Smash Bros is amazing!

I had barely played the game after the first week of owning it as I just didn't enjoy the gamepad controls for it but with a GameCube controller it feels like a completely different game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I finally got a (3rd party) GameCube controller adapter and the difference it makes to Smash Bros is amazing!

I had barely played the game after the first week of owning it as I just didn't enjoy the gamepad controls for it but with a GameCube controller it feels like a completely different game!

Ordered mine from Amazon.fr. It's due next week. Can't wait! Enjoy! I went for the official one finally with an adaptor. I've the Hori controller atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Banjo wrote: »
    Anyone else see that Rare collection the XBox is getting - including Jet Force Gemini, 2 Banjo Kazooies, Conker and Perfect Dark - and feel their heart break just a little bit? Game of Thrones last night and now this? I'm not sure I can take this any more

Lol I saw Jet Force Gemini and then I remembered the last time I played it (loved it back in the day, but it didn't age well). I sold my N64 and all my games the next day.

I would most probably buy it, but wouldn't put in the hours in as I've completed most of them before. Truthfully I most probably would put the box on a shelf and forget I bought it (looks at GTA V).

When I look at what Rare has done over the past 30 years, it's disappointing to see it never hit new heights in the XBox era.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Ordered mine from Amazon.fr. It's due next week. Can't wait! Enjoy! I went for the official one finally with an adaptor. I've the Hori controller atm.

Cheers. I'm using official Gamecube controllers but with a 3rd party adapter.

Next step is to try get Nintendont set up for my old Gamecube games!

Cheers. I'm using official Gamecube controllers but with a 3rd party adapter.

Next step is to try get Nintendont set up for my old Gamecube games!

I wonder if they'll ever get the controller to be used with other games. I'd love it for Mario Kart 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Looking for some advice for the Wii U. Total Nintendo noob and recently bought a Wii U for my son. Can I use the U gamepad to play old Wii games?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »
    Looking for some advice for the Wii U. Total Nintendo noob and recently bought a Wii U for my son. Can I use the U gamepad to play old Wii games?

Yes but you have to use the controllers for the wii (Nunchuck & remote) and not the gamepad buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As Tipsy said, you need to use the Wii-mote / nunchuck from the Wii, but you can use the Gamepad as the screen, so that Wii games can be played without needing the TV. It even has it's own built in sensor bar.

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »

It's €15 for a wii remote and €5 for a nunchuck in cex if I remember right. Sensor bar is €7.

Good reviews of the Nindies@home titles here:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/feature_our_impressions_of_the_full_nindiesathome_line-up
    I've tried 5 of them so far, and found them very enjoyable tasters for the most part. While one or two definitely need a bit of Polish and refinement, for the most part they look and play great,with Typoman, Forma 8 and Runbow being my favourites so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just tried all the Nindies at home.
    Typoman is probably my fave, reminding me of Limbo.
    Freedom Planet was clearly inspired by Sonic.
    Lovely Planet was just weird.
    Runbow, wasn't my cup of tea (guess I was just crap Or maybe was because the multiplayer element).
    I think for Rive I need to work on the controls because I was crap at aiming.
    Axiom Soul needs work on the frame rate, but would like to see more of the puzzles.
    For Mutant Mudds, I had a habit of dying, but I can see it being a good game. Never played previous versions
    Extreme Exorcism seems to be more a multiplayer game.
    Forma.8 got me stuck at the spider, though I know now what I need to do.

I think freedom planet started off as a sonic fan game, but was adapted and built on, but the heritage is very clearly there! Not bad though!

As you said, Soul Axiom needs some frame rate work, also they need to slightly increase the speed of movement. I kept trying holding a button while moving in order to run, but no running in it!

Lovely Planet seemed fun in a way, but they need to refine the right sick controls, way to sensitive and fast at the minute, makes aiming a core when combined with the lack of raising reticule (not complaining about the lack of reticule though)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Typoman was my favourite. Some of the puzzles put a big smile on my face. I can see it being very rewarding, and it looks gorgeous.

2nd favourite was Rive. Looked great and was very challenging.
    Forma.8 was also a nice game - I gave up at the spider.
    Extreme Exorcism was fun - I'll pick it up when it goes on sale (not at full price).

Didn't like Runbow (I think it would be more fun as a multiplayer, but the single player portion was weak).
    Didn't like Lovely Planet - it just didn't click with me.

I've downloaded the others but haven't tried them yet.

I got my Wii U out of Storage yesterday morning!! :D:D

Still no furniture, but I was able to get a TV, plug it in, and sit on a new carpet.
    Updates...........
    Updates.....
    Updates....... :mad:

The amount of updates..

Then I put in Splatoon. I'm not sure if I just wasn't in the mood, or if I had over anticipated it.

Went on to nindie@home and to check what offers are available.
    More downloading, but at least I was going to see something at the end.. :)

Ran out of space.. :o
    Cancelled Rive (at first) and downloaded all of the others.

So I played them one by one, deleting them as I went, to make room for Rive at the end. Like everyone else, I loved Typoman :). The puzzles were great and a beautiful game.
    I thought Soul Axiom looked nice, but it was very slow, and nothing really seemed to grab me. I'll have to go back to that and give it another go.
    Runbow.. :D I realised nearly an hour into it, I had been playing it over and over, for nearly an hour :).
    I liked Extreme Exorcism, but I think it could become a little bit repetitive :pac:, and may be only enjoyed the first time.
    Forma.8 :cool: - Gave up at spider :o. I tried to bomb, stun, went back over the map, restarted the level/game.. Stumped. I'll have to play that again. It looks great too.
    Mutant Mudd is fun, and Freedom Planet is sonic (as mentioned). Lovely Planet is weird, but strangely addictive..
    I have to say, Rive was well worth waiting for :).
    A lot of smiling yesterday.I really enjoyed all of them.

Are they still working on getting the humble nindie bundle over here, or have they given up?
    When do these nindie@home games go on sale?

• Advertisement

I'd been stumped for a while with that spider too, but experimenting got me there in the end, there's a LOT more game after that! You've only scratched the surface when you get to the spider. I won't even put it in spoiler tags here, but anyone that wants to know how to get past it, drop me a PM and I'll give you a simple pointer.

I'll probably take you up on that :).
    I will have another go first, as all of my games are still in storage, at the back.. (A lot of bubble wrap was used).

I'm going to have another bash at a few of them. :D

I got an idea from that link you posted earlier with the revews of how to get past the spider. So may try tonight.
    Were the demos limited to today or just the money off offer?

BOOOOM!! :D
    Got past the spider. :cool::P
    The amount of other things I tried first.. :o

Yoshi's Woolly World Reviews have started to pop up.

IGN: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/06/22/yoshis-woolly-world-review
    Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-yoshis-woolly-world-review_7
    Nintendo Life: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/yoshis_woolly_world
    Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/yoshi-s-woolly-world-review/1900-6416168/

Seems to vary from Above Average to Very Good (Nintendo Life is probably the most positive).

There are 6 worlds and 48 levels in total.

And managed to finish forma.8 demo. Long enough demo really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

What are peoples thoughts on the upcoming Devils third? I think it looks intresting enough, the multiplayer looks like it could be fun, But nintendo are being so quiet about it. its out on the 28th of august.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The MP does look good, the fast paced movement looks a lot better than most other online games right now. Dunno what that game mode with throwing watermelons into the blender is about.

Almost every day through the Treehouse people were wondering when DT would be shown, but nothing. Its their next game after Wooly World but so far not even an English trailer since last E3, but were playing games without English text or almost half a year before release during E3.

Either they don't want to advertise it as its mature and don't want to spoil their kid friendly image, or they don't think they have to advertise it as its not a first party title.

Pity, the MP will probably die fast due to lack of interest :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Even after picking up a PS4 for a bargain price (thanks boards deals thread) I'm still buying the majority of WiiU releases (just like the N64 and GameCube days).

Looking forward to picking up future releases, if the system is a success or failure I'm not too bothered, playing classics is all I'm interested in!!

Advertisement