Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

iamtony wrote: »
    Come to papa:-)

i am awful tempeted to buy it on the e shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

i am awful tempeted to buy it on the e shop

I finished the first world last night and me and my daughter enjoyed it. It was the only new game that has held her attention since 3d world or tropical freeze and she tells me it's way better than splatoon, but she won't play the multiplayer on that with me since I don't show mercy! My theory is she's got to learn to loose:-|.
    It's not as easy as I thought it would be which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can't buy it again!
    I have it on the N64, the GameCube via bonus Windwaker disk, the GameCube too via Zelda Promo Disk, Wii via VC and on the 3DS!
    I'm not sure if there's a point to another GC type N64 port when we have the 3DS version which is superior.
    Now, if it was a HD version of that game, I'd throw money at Ninty for it!

iamtony wrote: »
    I finished the first world last night and me and my daughter enjoyed it. It was the only new game that has held her attention since 3d world or tropical freeze and she tells me it's way better than splatoon, but she won't play the multiplayer on that with me since I don't show mercy! My theory is she's got to learn to loose:-|.
    It's not as easy as I thought it would be which is good.

Just brought it there, went for the physical version instead. Cant wait for it to arrive :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Depends on which version of ocarina of time it is, some of the ports of that game run like complete arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I caved and picked up YWW, that yarn Amiibo.....its too alluring. Now to be added to the pile of unopened Amiibos I have accumulating here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Anyone know the best place to pick up a Wii U?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place to pick up a Wii U?

Argos - Wii U Zelda Windwaker Bundle - €249

Choose Special Offer 2:
    You get Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics, Fifa 13, Metroid: Other M (Wii), and Wii Quiz Party (Wii).

You also get €10 Argos Voucher which you can add €5 for a nintendo eshop card
    OR
    Mass Effect 3 and add €3 to get Accessory Starter Pack

Allyall wrote: »
    Argos - Wii U Zelda Windwaker Bundle - €249

Choose Special Offer 2:
    You get Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics, Fifa 13, Metroid: Other M (Wii), and Wii Quiz Party (Wii).

You also get €10 Argos Voucher which you can add €5 for a nintendo eshop card
    OR
    Mass Effect 3 and add €3 to get Accessory Starter Pack

Do you know if the game bundled inside the Wii U is physcal as I've no idea what it is so I'd be looking to sell it, all those games I'd sell and keep the console tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Do you know if the game bundled inside the Wii U is physcal as I've no idea what it is so I'd be looking to sell it, all those games I'd sell and keep the console tbh.

It's a downloadable code.

Smyths has xenoblade x up already for preorder and mario ultra smash tennis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I honestly can't wait for the Tennis. I've put nearly 50 hours into Mario Golf on the 3DS! Nintendo sports games have me by the balls at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure Argos have Project Cars on Wii U for price of €45.99. Guess it's an Argos exclusive. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I need to find an affordable copy of Wii Sports Club for the WiiU.
    All copies I can find are damn expensive and, no, I don't want to just downland the digital copy!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    All copies I can find are damn expensive and, no, I don't want to just downland the digital copy!

best i can see it for is €38.20 delivered. Dunno if thats any good to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

So, I'm probably going to buy a Wii U after work today. Can't seem to find a Wii U Pro Controller anywhere. Where would be the best place to grab or order one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So, I'm probably going to buy a Wii U after work today. Can't seem to find a Wii U Pro Controller anywhere. Where would be the best place to grab or order one?

Littlewoods do them for €47. Not sure if that's cheap or not. But they're there

Anyone want to buy the Zelda HD digital code off me? ��

Anybody see the minecraft game on the eshop? Cube life island survival. It looks good! And they're going to be adding a multiplayer update later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anybody see the minecraft game on the eshop? Cube life island survival. It looks good! And they're going to be adding a multiplayer update later.

My 5-year old is going to explode with that news! Any good?

smokingman wrote: »

I'm waiting to see if it doesn't suck.
    The record for non sucking Minecraft clones is rather poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I'm waiting to see if it doesn't suck.
    The record for non sucking Minecraft clones is rather poor.

Looking at the miiverse community, it seems alright. Survival mode might be better than Minecraft by the looks of it.

smokingman wrote: »
    I wil buy it tomorrow, dont have the funds on the debit card till then, but it looks decent enough from the two trailers on the eshop.

I replaced my U today, finally got a 32gb one, came with the stand and all which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

There's one on Adverts for €25. The seller accepted an offer of €20 but doesn't seem to have had a response.

Edit: It says it's an unused copy.

Obviously kirby rainbow is only in stock in ennis cex :mad: and they had splatoon in yesterday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

cloud493 wrote: »
    Obviously kirby rainbow is only in stock in ennis cex :mad: and they had splatoon in yesterday as well.

Amazon have it for a similar price new.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got Lego City Undercover and Yoshi's Woolly Yarn today.

That's IT for the next 4 weeks. :)

Yoshi is so friggin cute.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Got Lego City Undercover and Yoshi's Woolly Yarn today.

That's IT for the next 4 weeks. :)

Yoshi is so friggin cute.

I just bought a Wii U there for Yoshi... been watching a lad play it all week and been dying to play it, hope its good, cost me €310 for it!

Advertisement