Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Mr E wrote: »
    Got Lego City Undercover and Yoshi's Woolly Yarn today.

Is that the LEGO game everyone is going mad over on here?
    If so, I think I'll be adding that to my collection soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lego City Undercover = Lego + GTA + A Zillion Pop Culture References. This should give you a flavour:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

+Nintendo. I came a cross a number of Nintendo elements while playing that I knew nothing about so was nice surprise

such as
    Bullet bills and Stars(of the non invincibility variety) at the top of a tower

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Mr E wrote: »
    Lego City Undercover = Lego + GTA + A Zillion Pop Culture References. This should give you a flavour:

I hope loads of peeps pick Lego city up, its such a great game that so many people missed in the first year of the WiiU

Totally worth the full price to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I hope loads of peeps pick Lego city up, its such a great game that so many people missed in the first year of the WiiU

Totally worth the full price to me.

Agreed, it's a wonderful game only slightly let down by awful load times - but they don't kick in too often thankfully. Tons of content in it easily making it worth the asking price, the film references in it are brilliant.

Question for anyone who's played Woolly World - is it worth the asking price and can it be played in local co-op? My Wii-U is gathering dust the last while so looking for a new game to get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Brought cubelife, its not that great tbh. Crafting took a little while to figure out, and theres only pickaxes and axes and in addition to hungar theres a thirst meter aswell. Bit of a balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Brought cubelife, its not that great tbh. Crafting took a little while to figure out, and theres only pickaxes and axes and in addition to hungar theres a thirst meter aswell. Bit of a balls.

What's the "creative" mode like?

smokingman wrote: »
    What's the "creative" mode like?

You can fly about and access all the blocks and stuff, but theres no option to build on a flat map, the map is a sea with various islands, but mostly sea! Also you'd have to clear out a space to build.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You can fly about and access all the blocks and stuff, but theres no option to build on a flat map, the map is a sea with various islands, but mostly sea! Also you'd have to clear out a space to build.

I bought it as well, but not spent a lot of time with it yet. It does take a bit of getting used to, but not too much. But I agree with the lack of option to build on a flat map. That should be implemented.

Cypronia have a Facebook page and are seriously taking in feedback. They have added a few things since it was launched in the U.S.
    Anything that you would like to see added or changed, you should post a message on that page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Wait you can build in Lego City? Anywhere have it for a good price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I can't buy it again!
    I have it on the N64, the GameCube via bonus Windwaker disk, the GameCube too via Zelda Promo Disk, Wii via VC and on the 3DS!
    I'm not sure if there's a point to another GC type N64 port when we have the 3DS version which is superior.
    Now, if it was a HD version of that game, I'd throw money at Ninty for it!

I haven't seen this mentioned yet (And may be better in the BA thread, but if you already own the Wii version on your Wii U, you can purchase the N64 version for €1.99

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/legend_of_zelda_ocarina_of_time_n64

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't know if I own it already on the VC....
    It might have gotten "installed" there by other means....
    I'm saying no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't know if I own it already on the VC....
    It might have gotten "installed" there by other means....
    I'm saying no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Christ, I can't own anymore versions of ocarina of time. Specially since the 3DS version runs so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

cloud493 wrote: »
    Christ, I can't own anymore versions of ocarina of time. Specially since the 3DS version runs so well.

I'm tempted to get the VC version purely for the convenience and to revisit it on the telly again. Has anybody tried this latest release? Would it look too pixelated on a 55" screen? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But it's not the best version, the 3DS one is.
    Would it have been so hard to render a version of the 3DS code suitable for a modern display?
    It might have been the definitive version, instead of this one that we all own, multiple times, already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Swapped Captain Toad for Lego City Undercover (+€2! Pretty sweet deal!) in cex based on you guys' recommendations. Looking forward to playing it...........backlog gets bigger once again....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Good idea.
    I played Toad once since I got it.
    Went and paid 32 euro straight out for LEGO City Undercover, based on this thread. Thought it was a bit much tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is toad worth getting as a puzzler?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is toad worth getting as a puzzler?

It's a lovely game, perhaps not worth a full game price though, but if I saw it for around the 30 mark I'd snap it up.

• Advertisement

It's a lovely game, perhaps not worth a full game price though, but if I saw it for around the 30 mark I'd snap it up.

What's the difficulty like? Do they get genuinely hard? Is it challenging?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Captain Toad is meant to be quite short. If anybody wants to sell their copy I'd be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

WOWHD were selling it for €34 about a month ago but their stock of Wii U games has dropped dramatically since.

And Smyths sell it for €39.99.

Got yoshis woolly world today, liking it a lot so far. Love that you can changes yoshis colours to match your amiibo. The yarn world looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Would definitely recommend Cpt Toad for around 30 quid. It's a decent challenge trying to get all the hidden golden mushrooms and gems. I didn't bother with the Mario 3D world levels or the multi maze thingie or the speed tests but I definitely got my money's worth (even more so as cex give great value for it! €30 credit, €24 cash so if you do spot if for 30 you're as good as getting it for nothing)

I would recommend it at any price for die hards such as myself, it is a lovely lovely game that only Nintendo seem to be making for home consoles, that said it is arguable that the likes of Monument Valley attempt similar feats more successfully and at a far cheaper price point, though that game is even shorter again.
    I suppose it is the type of game that is made for replay, given the work to be done to complete it fully, with hidden doo dads, as well as the little extra mode added by the use of a Toad amiibo.
    So, buy or not?
    If you are a console completist, and with the limited physical release library available on the WiiU it's perfect to collect for, then you'll have to own it.
    If you want to own the best on the format, you should also own it, perhaps dip in and out over time and savour the title.
    Otherwise buy it, finish it, trade it in for something else,
    (even more so as cex give great value for it! €30 credit, €24 cash so if you do spot if for 30 you're as good as getting it for nothing)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mario maker plus amiibo pre ordered from smyths! I think this is going to be something special, although it makes me wonder will their be any point in Nintendo ever making another 2d Mario?

iamtony wrote: »
    Mario maker plus amiibo pre ordered from smyths! I think this is going to be something special, although it makes me wonder will their be any point in Nintendo ever making another 2d Mario?

I had the same question. They can introduce new items,blower ups,enemies and characters than Maker won't have.
    If anything,not might force them to be more creative with their own 2D Mario games. While The New Super Mario series is good,not feels stale at times and the NSMB stage at the world championships in Mario Maker was the weakest in my view.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I had the same question. They can introduce new items,blower ups,enemies and characters than Maker won't have.
    If anything,not might force them to be more creative with their own 2D Mario games. While The New Super Mario series is good,not feels stale at times and the NSMB stage at the world championships in Mario Maker was the weakest in my view.

There's never been a true sequel to Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island was not it, it lacked the innovative map and the levels while prettier were not as clever at all.
    A new Super Mario World, a new Super Mario 3D World and a new Super Mario Galaxy title would be most welcome, I do thing the NSMB games have run their course though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Man people shoulda told me how good splatoon is before. This game is legit.

Advertisement