Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

cloud493 wrote: »
    Man people shoulda told me how good splatoon is before. This game is legit.

Legit is it?
    Philadelphia born and raised were you?
    On the playground where you had spent most of your days, I take it?

Actual Picture of Cloud493 before a Splatoon match, high top fade is essential....
    uptown-fresh-prince.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Legit is it?
    Philadelphia born and raised were you?
    On the playground where you had spent most of your days, I take it?

Actual Picture of Cloud493 before a Splatoon match, high top fade is essential....
    uptown-fresh-prince.jpg

I also write kid friendly rap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I had the same question. They can introduce new items,blower ups,enemies and characters than Maker won't have.
    If anything,not might force them to be more creative with their own 2D Mario games. While The New Super Mario series is good,not feels stale at times and the NSMB stage at the world championships in Mario Maker was the weakest in my view.
    Yeah there will be plenty of amazing levels made that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm really tempted by the Wii U bundle on amazon that comes with Wind Waker, which I've never played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

When I'm playing Zelda: Wind Waker my gamepad loses connection every few minutes for a couple of seconds each time. It happened with the disc version I had and now the digital one too. It works fine with every other game. Is there anything I can do? Any help greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    There's never been a true sequel to Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island was not it, it lacked the innovative map and the levels while prettier were not as clever at all.
    A new Super Mario World, a new Super Mario 3D World and a new Super Mario Galaxy title would be most welcome, I do thing the NSMB games have run their course though.
    thats true, I'd love a new super Mario world with capes and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Devil's Third - Nintendo of America Drops Plans For US Release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqWfcPfxnmc

So now we know why it's called Devil's Third. It seems it's literally that, a Turd. Shame as I was quietly looking forward to it. As if there aren't few enough games as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

sligeach wrote: »
    Third
    literally
    Turd

I don't get it.

Also, not official, another rumour from the unseen64 guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mario Maker footage from IGN at Comic-Con.

Holy crap this looks better and better every time I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Devils third, Well, its still meant to be coming out in europe, but im gonna wait for official reviews before i cast judgement to buy or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Devil's Third looks like the right kind of silly for me and I'm looking forward to it. Remember it's from the guy that gave us the god like Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Devil's Third looks like stupid fun to me and remember it's from the guy that brought us the god like Ninja gaiden 1 and 2. I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I've taken the plunge and preordered Super Mario Maker!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I just bought a Wii U with Wind Waker from amazon. Excited!

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I just bought a Wii U with Wind Waker from amazon. Excited!

Congrats! Don't forget to add us all our user names are in the splatoon and Mario kart 8! Wind waker is a great game.

I've taken the plunge and preordered Super Mario Maker!

Have you any intention of actually creating levels? I know I don't, I don't have that sort or time. I hope everyone isn't as busy/lazy as me and actually creates stuff!
    I'd like to see super Mario world recreated with the modern skin and the tighter controls of modern games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I think the creation tools look so user friendly that I can't help but get excited at the idea of making cool stuff. I'm already mapping out ideas in my head. :)

I think the creation tools look so user friendly that I can't help but get excited at the idea of making cool stuff. I'm already mapping out ideas in my head. :)

Guess I'll be a leecher and you'll be a seeder!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just want to download the greatness from others as well.
    I would see how long it'll take Sonic's levels to appear?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I can't wait to see the levels some people come up with, some people are just natural at stuff like that.
    My levels however, will be like homers spicerack.. :pac:

Did anyone get Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams from the sale? I realise some may already have it on another platform, I'm loving it :) lovely game.

There's another game that was on sale a few months ago, I was going to buy it, but that's when I had to pack my Wii U up, so I never got the chance. I've been looking over the thread to find the name of it... grrrr... dang my memory.. :o

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    Devil's Third - Nintendo of America Drops Plans For US Release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqWfcPfxnmc

So now we know why it's called Devil's Third. It seems it's literally that, a Turd. Shame as I was quietly looking forward to it. As if there aren't few enough games as it stands.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/619916072884420609
    #Rekt

This guy's probably made up every one of his videos.

I have to admit - I liked playing Sniper Elite v2 on the Gamepad..
    It doesn't have multiplayer, but I'm not sure I would've been into that anyway (admittedly the option would've been nice).
    It's a bit graphic at times, but I can picture myself playing it again in the (not so) distant future. It wasn't very long though.
    If I am annoyed about anything, it's that there's No DLC at all, no online option and it's more expensive than the Xbox360 or PS3 versions.
    Still a bit of fun though.. :o

Sad news. R.I.P.

Who's going to fight for nintendo like he did, now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Jaysus lads, the missus is loving Yoshis Wolly World, I was working away on the laptop and couldn't help but enjoy the music :)

And so, the Devils third reviews are emerging, Not looking good, but i never heard of videogamer.com before so take it with a pinch of salt. Hopefully some of the bigger names make reviews soon.

also nintendo life link http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/first_impressions_trying_to_believe_in_devils_third

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

And so, the Devils third reviews are emerging, Not looking good, but i never heard of videogamer.com before so take it with a pinch of salt. Hopefully some of the bigger names make reviews soon.

Here ya go http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/first_impressions_trying_to_believe_in_devils_third

Doesn't sound good. I'll be giving it a miss. Potty really. WiiU NEEDS games badly. But I have so many games to get through on the WiiU sinse launch so I'm sorted for at least another 3 years :p

I've heard of them once or twice for doing bigish nintendo reviews first. I'm not much into review sites myself so don't pay much attention mind.

I think they got the review of bayonetta 2 out first or maybe an earlier wii u game, perhaps w101 or something.

Was anyone expecting this game to be good though, I'd be surprised.
    It's been in the making since PS2 I believe, so just that porting around consoles alone is a big red flag for bugs and ugliness to come up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Allyall wrote: »
    Sad news. R.I.P.

Who's going to fight for nintendo like he did, now?

As someone who has lived abroad for a while, my first thought was 'hopefully someone who believes in region free and a unified account system'.

For example; I've just moved back from Japan. I payed $$$$ to import a PAL unit to there in the first place, and pretty much went fully digital (dumb). It was in a friends house when I left and couldn't pick it up. Now that I'm back in the land of bountiful PAL, I'd like to sell him my WiiU and pick up another for myself. I can't do that without losing my digital games. This NNID nonsense is useless.

• Advertisement

Wright wrote: »
    As someone who has lived abroad for a while, my first thought was 'hopefully someone who believes in region free and a unified account system'.

For example; I've just moved back from Japan. I payed $$$$ to import a PAL unit to there in the first place, and pretty much went fully digital (dumb). It was in a friends house when I left and couldn't pick it up. Now that I'm back in the land of bountiful PAL, I'd like to sell him my WiiU and pick up another for myself. I can't do that without losing my digital games. This NNID nonsense is useless.

Yeah, that's unfortunately is true, and he did speak about removing it in the future.
    I was more referring to all of the things (other than that), that he was forced to defend, to keep NIntendo as Nintendo..

https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=iwata+defends ;)

Advertisement