Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

=

New devils third video. Multiplayer footage is a 2.36 mins in. Looks intresting.

This is getting terrible previews all over the place, BUT, I watched a vid on the single player campaign (albeit, a little drunk) last night and I really liked the look of it. Sure it looks like a bad ps2 game HD'd, but it looks like nonsense fun.

Thinking of picking it up around release. I'm sure it's gonna sell badly so price will bomb pretty soon after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »
    Right.

This is a bit embarrassing.
    Three days ago my Wii U gamepad charger packed in. Stopped working. No more juice. Zip. Nada. Killed by the fall of a tree.

I muttered utterances under my breath about how dare nintendo attach such a shoddily made product and ship it with theirs.
    I looked up alternative models, where to buy them etc. (I Looked a lot further than those).
    And I googled "Wii U gamepad charger problems" - and found it to be a 'well known' issue.
    :o:o:o:o:o:o

This morning I woke up, feeling a little bored and sick of other consoles atm.
    Thinking what to do.. one word popped into my head..

"FUSE"

A part of me was really kind of hoping that wasn't the problem, as that really is basic stuff.. It should have been the first thing I checked...

It was. :o

The Fuse in the Gamepad Charger is a 3A. It will blow quicker than a 10A or 13A for example, but that is to protect the sacred gamepad.
    I have a 10A in at the minute, just to charge it (I'm hoping that there will be no power surges or faults until it is charged), and I am getting a 3A to put in it today.
    I'm going to buy a few, as I'd imagine these go quite easily.

Sorry for the Long post.

TL:DR

If your Wii U Gamepad Charger died or Changed a Fleeting World for an Immortal Rest - It may be the Fuse.
    Check that first.

I've had my gamepad charger die on me before. Luckily I had another Wii U and used the other charger as a spare. The gamepad lead is terrible. It's so skinny and flimsy. It should be thicker like the lead for the Wii U Pro controller. It usually starts with a flickering of the red light and usually happens around the top where it plugs into the gamepad. But eventually it will die if it starts. On my spare, I put tape around that area to give it some strength. I think it dangling down was what started the original lead to break.

You can fix the charging cable if it breaks. You'll need to know where the break is. I fixed my original lead last week. I cut the lead where the break occured. It's a delicate job. There's 2 wires inside. It's copper strands, one inside the other, separated by a plastic coating. You'll need to strip the 2 wires back about an inch on each end. Separate the 2 wires, stripping back the plastic on the inner wire. So you should have 2 wires on each end. I used insulated screw joints to connect each end together and wrapped it in insulating tape. And surprise, surprise it now works. It's a little unsightly but it's better that nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 day_mo

Guys, is anyone having issues downloading the splatoon update.
    Not sure when it's from as I hadn't played it a few weeks. Tried to play online and got an error message about an update.
    For the past 3 days I keep getting the failed to connect to server message when I start the game. Download is only 44m.
    I did a speed test via the wii u browser and that's fine. I can also browse the eshop ok.
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Do you have enough space left on your Wii U?
    Do you have the physical or digital version?

If you have the physical, the update is already on the disc iirc, all the update does is unlock the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 day_mo

Do you have enough space left on your Wii U?
    Do you have the physical or digital version?

If you have the physical, the update is already on the disc iirc, all the update does is unlock the content.

Have the physical copy. Tried Mario Kart to see if I can race online. That worked and as soon as I left that game, the Splatoon download worked.

No idea why but not going to complain.

• Advertisement

Has anyobody heard any more about the European Humble Nindie Bundle?

Are they still trying to make it happen, or are they secretly having a new one every month over in the States? :rolleyes:
    I just got thinking about it there and was wondering if there has been any updates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Never heard of this. This would be great, was unhappy about what happened with the last one. I want first party titles in our one, like those mini-games in Kirby that got standalone releases. We should tweet em. Will do so later.

Wright wrote: »
    Never heard of this. This would be great, was unhappy about what happened with the last one. I want first party titles in our one, like those mini-games in Kirby that got standalone releases. We should tweet em. Will do so later.

Cool, I'm not on twitter, never thought of that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

Has anyobody heard any more about the European Humble Nindie Bundle?

Are they still trying to make it happen, or are they secretly having a new one every month over in the States? :rolleyes:
    I just got thinking about it there and was wondering if there has been any updates.

They didn't say they were going to do anything about it, they just said region locking stopped them from offering it here, and it sucks, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

We need a new Eternal Darkness.

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »

Did that Kickstarter a while back fail?

Starbucks and their stupid potato internet. Mod plz dlt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Pac1Man wrote: »

I always regret not playing that on the cube.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Did that Kickstarter a while back fail?

WHAT!? :eek: :(

CrunchyRoll App can now be used without a subscription on the Wii U Worldwide..

Cool :)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/crunchyroll_wii_u_app_can_now_be_used_without_a_subscription
    As of today, a significant change has been made. The latest update to the Crunchyroll app for Wii U means free users worldwide can now enjoy the same freemium experience offered on other Crunchyroll apps and the Crunchyroll website.
    No longer must you lock into the premium Crunchyroll service to watch popular anime shows on the Wii U. Provided you’re cool with standard-definition and a few ads along the way, the free model will let users watch entire seasons of their favourite anime.

CrunchyRoll App can now be used without a subscription on the Wii U Worldwide..

Cool :)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/crunchyroll_wii_u_app_can_now_be_used_without_a_subscription

Whaaat? Crunchy Roll is free with ads? This somehow completely passed me by. Not super into anime but cant beat free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I bought a Wii U last year and this is the physical Wii/Wii U games collection I've amassed in the last year:
    CK7brlzWwAA7Oho.jpg

I bought a Wii U last year and this is the physical Wii/Wii U games collection I've amassed in the last year:
    CK7brlzWwAA7Oho.jpg

But the Wii U is a terrible, dead console dude. It's got no library. This is clearly a 'shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

sligeach wrote: »
    Looks brilliant I can't wait!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

iamtony wrote: »
    Looks brilliant I can't wait!

Massive amounts of pure want here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

But the Wii U is a terrible, dead console dude. It's got no library. This is clearly a 'shop.

If your a Nintendo game fan it's very much alive, if your about third party you can come and cry with me in the corner... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    If your a Nintendo game fan it's very much alive, if your about third party you can come and cry with me in the corner... :(

FYP...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

SMC92Ian wrote: »

or play them on PC in 1080/60fps at a fraction of the price they cost on console. I'm currently playing Windwaker on WiiU and Witcher 3 on PC, WiiU/PC is the best combo for gaming these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ahhhh!
    PC Master Race disciple and a Nintendo fan....
    So conflicted on whether I should attack or hug....
    May step back and watch what the rest of the pack do...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I'm with Master McSwagger on this one. I've always predominantly been a PC gamer, but when it came to make a decision on a console for some sofa gaming the Wii U was clearly the best choice. Loads of great first party games that were never going to be released on the PC. It was just common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

James74 wrote: »
    I'm with Master McSwagger on this one. I've always predominantly been a PC gamer, but when it came to make a decision on a console for some sofa gaming the Wii U was clearly the best choice. Loads of great first party games that were never going to be released on the PC. It was just common sense.
    I'm another - play mainly on my PC, the only console that makes sense to me as an 'add-on' is the WiiU.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Technically I'm a PC/WiiU although I haven't been able to switch my PC on for the guts of 3 years due to dumping a lot of stuff into the space between the PC and the door of the room which is now impassible. And the Wii U - between it's game catalog and the sociability of being able to play while my missus watches TV and we can see eachother and communicate - makes it a lot less urgent that I break down the barrier. I'll get to it when I finish Bayonetta. And Bayonetta 2. And Splatoon. And Wind Waker. And W101. And Lego City Undercover. And Arkham Origins. And ZombiU. And SM3DW. And....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah PC and Wii U for me too (with some mobile gaming on the side). Best of both worlds.

Advertisement