Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Damn I forgot Nintendo had bought them out completely, rather than just a large share. Touche, good sir (and yes, it was amazing).

also the galaxy games were memorable but i was making addressing nintendo does great deals with second/3rd parties that does not have to be mario zelda or metroid :D

glad we can come in agreement for our love for xenoblade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/399578/aliens-colonial-marines-for-wii-u-cancelled/

Terrible news everybody. Aliens has been cancelled for the Wii U. I don't know how I'm going to cope without this masterpiece being displayed on my 2 screens. Maybe I'll get The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Didn't want to start a new thread and thought this was the place to ask is the Wii u worth buying. I own a Xbox 360 and enjoy FIFA and other sports game and a hint of first person shooters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

gotthebug wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread and thought this was the place to ask is the Wii u worth buying. I own a Xbox 360 and enjoy FIFA and other sports game and a hint of first person shooters

From what you say, probably not. Fans of those genres will likely be much better served on the PS4 and Xbox (as in the next Xbox, stupid MS non-distinguishing naming policy be damned!)

The reason to buy a Nintendo console is because you want something different from what the other consoles offer.

Might be worth picking up a Wii from the nearest bargain bin and trying out Metroid Prime 3 (a first-person adventure/shooter) and Pro Evo (which differs substantially from the other console versions, using some kind of RTS-style play involving the Wii remote.) Would give you an idea of whether the Wii U might (eventually) be up your street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

gotthebug wrote: »

Probably not a smart choice.
    EA are all but skipping the Wii U, so FIFA might not come out on it.
    Hard to believe, but the American equivalent (Madden) isn't coming out for it.
    Add that to BF4, and yeah.

I'd imagine the likes of COD 90 or whatever will be on it though, since it's not EA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

FIFA 13 came out on the WiiU, complete with tacked-on touch-screen shooting, but as I understand it it runs on the FIFA 12 engine so is missing a bunch of features from the PS3 / Xbox version.

So yeah, doesn't sound like it's the console for you.

+1 for trying PES on the original Wii (and these days you could pick up the console, controller and game for less then the price of a PS3 / Xbox FIFA game :) ), it's fantastic - you can create player runs and through-balls by dragging/drawing on-screen using the Wiimote that gives you fantastic control over your team (to the point that - much like in real football - you often get carried away chasing the ball, drag the team all out of shape and get destroyed by a swift counter) , I'd expect a similar system using the touchscreen controller for the WiiU but without the annoying shake-to-shoot controls of the Wii.

Shame about Madden, the WiiU was born for that kind of game. The controller is an electronic playbook, fer cripes sake.

https://plus.google.com/115575648611906695782/posts
    At least it's getting Splinter Cell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Lego City went down a treat with the little fella anyway, looks very enjoyable & nice humour in it. Limited Edition comes with a Chase McCain minifig too :cool:

EnterNow wrote: »
    Lego City went down a treat with the little fella anyway, looks very enjoyable & nice humour in it. Limited Edition comes with a Chase McCain minifig too :cool:

It's also gone down a treat with this 24 year old...:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hi all. Just a quick note - you get 50 Club Nintendo stars for downloading Tank! Tank! Tank!, and (I presume, the link is there but I haven't done the survey) another 50 for Zen Pinball. And they're both free. You can't buy anything useful for 100 points, but if you're sitting on 6900 points and really want a Snes-esque Wii classic controller, you're welcome :)

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Hi all. Just a quick note - you get 50 Club Nintendo stars for downloading Tank! Tank! Tank!, and (I presume, the link is there but I haven't done the survey) another 50 for Zen Pinball. And they're both free. You can't buy anything useful for 100 points, but if you're sitting on 6900 points and really want a Snes-esque Wii classic controller, you're welcome :)

Looks like they finally started giving us points for our eShop purchases here, which America had been doing for a long time.
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/myGamesAndSystems_p3.do
    got 50 stars for pokedex 3d too, I'd advise anyone with about an hour to do stupidly long repetitive surveys to have a look.
    Listen to some music in the background or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Injustice: Gods Among Us for the Wii U has been delayed for a week. Instead of being out with the PS3 and Xbox versions on April 19, it will now be out on April 26.

it should be noted that the injustice gods among us game for the wii u is missing features.

there is no custom match option so its next to impossible to have a boards fight session which shame on warner brothers/ netherrealm to have not put a option in the game in the first place.

maybe it be patched somewhere down the line but i hope people are hitting the forums and making there voices heard

it should be noted that the injustice gods among us game for the wii u is missing features

Where I've been more patient with the Wii U previously, considering its so young etc...its really letting itself down with these bad/lazy ports that are missing features. I know the NFS game had the pc graphical update, but for the most part these ports are a reason not to buy a Wii U rather than to buy one

EnterNow wrote: »
    Where I've been more patient with the Wii U previously, considering its so young etc...its really letting itself down with these bad/lazy ports that are missing features. I know the NFS game had the pc graphical update, but for the most part these ports are a reason not to buy a Wii U rather than to buy one

i can understand some developers feel if there games that never being on a nintendo system before feel cautious will there games reach the demographic of nintendo owners and sell well.

what i cannot understand is the nintendo network has being improved upon to the wii counterpart and for these companies offering as you said lazy ports is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there anyone who's supposed to keep an eye on these things? I mean you'd think someone would be there to ensure Wii U gets the same features as other consoles.

for something as simple as inviting your friends its pathetic.

but this is nothing new as i found out recently the 360 version of mortal kombat online was region free but the ps3 version was region locked.

i should check the forums of injustice to see what the story is if it be patched or not but as of right now the wii u is getting the short end of the stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/04/heres-a-look-at-the-internal-release-dates-for-nintendo/

the WiiU release date list leaked (might be legit hard to tell)

Winter releases

Bayonetta 2
    Yarn Yoshi
    Xenoblade Wii U
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Shen Megami Tensei & Fire Emblem Crossover
    Mario Kart Wii U

Does anybody know what external hard drives will work on wii u.

32gb just aint going to cut it .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

wtlltw wrote: »
    http://wiiudaily.com/2013/04/heres-a-look-at-the-internal-release-dates-for-nintendo/

the WiiU release date list leaked (might be legit hard to tell)

Winter releases

Bayonetta 2
    Yarn Yoshi
    Xenoblade Wii U
    Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    Shen Megami Tensei & Fire Emblem Crossover
    Mario Kart Wii U

I'd be very surprised if Super Smash Bros was ready for release this year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

I for one do not believe that Nintendo print "Super Secret" in big green letters at the top of confidential internal documents. Hell, you might as well put a picture of Wario with a speech bubble saying "I dare you to share this. Go on, I dare you!" Staff would be straight off to the photocopier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Kinski wrote: »
    "Super Secret" in big green letters.

It's year of Luigi ;)

Kinski wrote: »
    I for one do not believe that Nintendo print "Super Secret" in big green letters at the top of confidential internal documents. Hell, you might as well put a picture of Wario with a speech bubble saying "I dare you to share this. Go on, I dare you!" Staff would be straight off to the photocopier.

Spoilsport. Why would you use logic on an internet forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was in Xtravision today and could count the number of Wii U games on the shelves on 1 finger. Lego City Undercover.

drawing on the wii u makes me wish nintendo will make a new mario paint :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Release date Q4 2019 if we are lucky

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Release date Q4 2019 if we are lucky

glass-half-full.jpg

• Advertisement