Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm gutted I missed the Wikipad on Simplygames last week (link).
    I've a barely used PS4 that is getting closer to going up on adverts. A PS3 I still play the odd time. My Nephew has both Xbox360 and One, and I sometimes play them when he stays with me.
    My PC blew (due to stupidity) a while back and hadn't got around to proper gaming on it anyway, but definitely seems like the better combo. (PC and Wii U).
    Next bit of cash is going into a decent PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pc and wiiu myself but it's only age of empires on my the pc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    If your a Nintendo game fan it's very much alive, if your about third party you can come and cry with me in the corner... :(

Pffft haven't bought third party on a Nintendo platform since the GC! Multiplats for PC, and WiiU and PS3/4 for their excellent 1st party titles. Best way to be happy (and broke lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Wright wrote: »
    But the Wii U is a terrible, dead console dude. It's got no library. This is clearly a 'shop.

This month is also, by far, my most played Wii U month to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I'm a WiiU/3ds/Supercell on phone guy.
    Kinda wish I could play Clash of Clans on my WiiU tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PC and Wii U player predominantly also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm WiiU and everything console you've ever heard of bar the Xbox One, and that should be rectified by Christmas!
    My PC is terrible, need a new graphics card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Is the wireless connection on Wii U really this bad? Been trying to update a game before I start it and it just won't connect. This has happened a few times now. Not good at all.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm WiiU and everything console you've ever heard of bar the Xbox One, and that should be rectified by Christmas!
    My PC is terrible, need a new graphics card.

Probably more than that if its been a fair while. Feel free to PM me or drop by the pc building subforum. Always plenty of people offering help. Wait till you see what Dolphin can do for those GC/Wii hardcopies you got sitting around :)

Is the wireless connection on Wii U really this bad? Been trying to update a game before I start it and it just won't connect. This has happened a few times now. Not good at all.

Could be one of a few things,
    your router, router settings, Wii U (inputted) settings..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wright wrote: »
    Probably more than that if its been a fair while. Feel free to PM me or drop by the pc building subforum. Always plenty of people offering help. Wait till you see what Dolphin can do for those GC/Wii hardcopies you got sitting around :)

Nope, the PC will have to schlub along a while yet!
    My son is more of a Terraria and Minecraft playa so no need for horsepower!
    But thanks for the kind offer.
    And original hardware FTW! (Excepting my Retron 5, its fabulous!)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A new Japanese Super Mario Maker trailer. A demonstration of the design mechanics, and some demo gameplay and UI features.

The level montage at the 3m50s mark put a big stupid smile on my face too. I can't wait to see what crazy stuff people come up with.

• ZombiU is so underrated. There I said it.

Loving it. I'm about 4 hours in. Atmosphere is spot on. And I love the control system.

Mr E wrote: »
    A new Japanese Super Mario Maker trailer. A demonstration of the design mechanics, and some demo gameplay and UI features.

The level montage at the 3m50s mark put a big stupid smile on my face too. I can't wait to see what crazy stuff people come up with.

YOUTUBE VIDEO

That just looks excellent :D
    Can't say anything else :)

Allyall wrote: »
    That just looks excellent :D
    Can't say anything else :)

I said it before, I won't be making any levels myself but can't wait to play what my betters cone up with.
    Might finally give us the sequel to SMW we never got!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Might finally give us the sequel to SMW we never got!

More likely to get torture runs, with tricks and traps!

That's where the level ratings will be very important. Ridiculously hard shell-juggling, hidden-blocking, bullet-bill-bouncing levels should become obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Can you only submit on a level by level basis, or is there some sort of "campaign" option for submitting a themed set of levels? ie. can someone make a full sequel to SMW and upload it in a manner that allows you to play it in order with a world map, secret exits to different levels, star roads and the like? You know, an option to totally destroy Nintendo's 2D mario revenue stream while simultaneously making SMM the greatest software release of all time?

A homemade SMW would be all kinds of awesomeness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A homemade SMW would be all kinds of awesomeness.

Said like some one that's never played a fan hack :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Got a second hand Wii U today. It came with Disney infinity 2.0 with all the characters. I was wondering if these things are worth anything. Is it even worth trying to sell?

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Got a second hand Wii U today. It came with Disney infinity 2.0 with all the characters. I was wondering if these things are worth anything. Is it even worth trying to sell?

Adverts or CEX. Probably won't get too much from CEX though. Got pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm absolutely delighted that Terraria is finally confirmed after all the rumours and teases. It's supposed to be a brilliant game. But have you ever seen a boxart as bad?
    296926-h1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

sligeach wrote: »
    I'm absolutely delighted that Terraria is finally confirmed after all the rumours and teases. It's supposed to be a brilliant game. But have you ever seen a boxart as bad?
    296926-h1.jpg

Dunno about you, I think the box art looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

sligeach wrote: »
    296926-h1.jpg

Yeah I like it too. When's it coming? I'd get it for the WiiU over the 3ds I think.

Kids are going to love that cover.

Look! A castle! And a sword that shoots snot swords! And an eyeball with teeth! And an eyeball with a gun! And a rainbow! And a unicorn! And a PINK RIVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Yeah I like it too. When's it coming? I'd get it for the WiiU over the 3ds I think.

Early 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

Mr E wrote: »
    Kids are going to love that cover.

Look! A castle! And a sword that shoots snot swords! And an eyeball with teeth! And an eyeball with a gun! And a rainbow! And a unicorn! And a PINK RIVER!

Ah let's not get back into the "kiddy" thing. :p

Have this on PC thanks to a humble bundle. Nothing I've seen inspires me to even install it. Bored to tears of 2D Indie tbh.

Picked up a 8GB Wii U and Smash and the Disney Infinity 2.0 starter pack (altogether €213!) so weekend's sorted.

• Advertisement

Never mind. Weekend ruined by that special brand of stupidity that only Nintendo is capable of.

If your console has a screen on a controller, don't force people to use a TV you morons.

Advertisement