Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Wright wrote: »
    Never mind. Weekend ruined by that special brand of stupidity that only Nintendo is capable of.

If your console has a screen on a controller, don't force people to use a TV you morons.
    Women trouble? Trying to play splatoon?
    If it makes you feel better I keep getting disconnected tonight for some reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

iamtony wrote: »
    Women trouble? Trying to play splatoon?
    If it makes you feel better I keep getting disconnected tonight for some reason.

Just moved no TV yet. Which is why I went with a Wii U over a Playstation. Initial setup requires a TV for some reason.

Nintendo you pillocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just moved no TV yet. Which is why I went with a Wii U over a Playstation. Initial setup requires a TV for some reason.

Nintendo you pillocks.

Yeah that sucks! If it's any consolation since I rejoined the Nintendo club(last Nintendo I had was a n64) my ps4 lies idle quite a lot! And when I do play the ps4 games now they feel flat and boring in comparison to the Wii U gold!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm the opposite.
    I raged as only a Ninty fanboy can when I realised that, playing Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush on the WiiU, you wind up looking at the touch controller screen instead of the stunning HD visuals on the TV, very annoying that some sort of alternate mode wasn't unlocked, as in previous Kirby titles, where you could replay the game as Meta Knight or King Dedede, but as a more traditional platformer.
    At least then you could let your eyes drink in the beauty, instead you've to play via the touchpad screen and it really isn't that good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Firefox crashed as I was posting.
    I don't find anything spectacular about that level.. It's a decent SM level, but I thought it looked fairly bland.

Facebook 'Hackathon' Winning Super Mario Maker Winning Level

• Advertisement

I have lots of unused club nintendo codes. Are they usable still or has the service shut down?

I have lots of unused club nintendo codes. Are they usable still or has the service shut down?
    Midnight tonight I think,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I thought it's right up until September when the service shuts that you can register points? 've over 6,000 and another 2,000 roughly in unscratched codes waiting for something really special. Are you sure you're not mixing it up with the American service?

sligeach wrote: »
    I thought it's right up until September when the service shuts that you can register points? 've over 6,000 and another 2,000 roughly in unscratched codes waiting for something really special. Are you sure you're not mixing it up with the American service?

Yeah, I probably am. I saw it somewhere and didn't realise the 2 had that much of a gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

sligeach wrote: »

I gave you two codes in exchange for two from you a while back. One of the two you gave me was expired because you forgot to check it.
    You said you would send me on one when you had a spare.
    I asked a week or so back and you said you had none and now you have 2000 roughly?
    That's extremely poor form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

...user-created levels are also vetted by Nintendo moderators to determine level difficulty before it's available for anyone to download. You can also share specific levels with friends by giving them a code.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/01/facebook-nintendo-hackathon/

Sounds like a stupid road block to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

I thought they said at e3 the difficulty was determined by online playthroughs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I call horsesh*t on that. If things ramp up, they'd need to hire a massive team of adept gamers to judge the quality.

cloud493 wrote: »

No penis levels so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

No penis levels so.

That was exactly what I thought when I read that. Moderating for anything unsavory.

This is my first time going physical on WiiU. Damn its loud. So much fan noise. Or maybe this is an issue with 8GB models?

I've never noticed any fan noise myself and I do be using a 8GB one. TV does be blaring when I'm playing Mario Kart and there do be s few of us, so could be covering the noise.

I've never noticed any noise either, and I often (have to) play in silence.
    Is anything blocking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yeah but who the mods are for approving levels are gonna be swamped pretty quickly.

Allyall wrote: »
    I've never noticed any noise either, and I often (have to) play in silence.
    Is anything blocking it?

Nope. Hope I haven't got meself a defective unit, takes a day to bloody update this console and its games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

The noise is the disc drive.

It spins fast, creates a lot of noise.
    It's common.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I gave you two codes in exchange for two from you a while back. One of the two you gave me was expired because you forgot to check it.
    You said you would send me on one when you had a spare.
    I asked a week or so back and you said you had none and now you have 2000 roughly?
    That's extremely poor form.

That swap was months ago. And you didn't ask again a week ago, it was at least 3 weeks ago, check your messages please. I apologised profusely and offered alternative codes but you had them all already. There's a reason I haven't used them either, it's because they're doubles and I can't register the games twice. They're still listed in that thread but nobody's interested in them. And it was an honest mistake, I just presumed Hyrule Warriors didn't expire in March like all the newer games did. And 2,000 was an exaggeration, it's nowhere near that. You knew and know I've points, that how we came to swap them. I bought Wind Waker last week on Adverts and if you know my profile you'll see it had no points included, I asked beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

I just realised you can get games from old platforms on the Wii U. Ill have to get super Mario 64 and Zelda from the N64. Has anyone played them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mario 64 is still great, camera issues remain though.
    Ocarina of time is as good as ever though the 3DS version makes it feel just a tad dated.

I also never had a Wii so I can get a few of those games. Too many games, so little time.

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I also never had a Wii so I can get a few of those games. Too many games, so little time.

Metroid Prime Trilogy and the two Super Mario Galaxy games are simply must haves.
    Sublime games the five of them.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Metroid Prime Trilogy and the two Super Mario Galaxy games are simply must haves.
    Sublime games the five of them.

Thanks. I forgot to look at the price on the eShop. Or would I find the disks cheaper?

Thanks. I forgot to look at the price on the eShop. Or would I find the disks cheaper?

With Nintendo always go physical until they get their act together.

And then rip the discs and play them on your PC if you have a decent one because 480p is inexcusable in this day and age :)

Metroid trilogy can be expensive but the Mario ones can be picked up cheaply. I'd go physical either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

With Nintendo always go physical until they get their act together.

And then rip the discs and play them on your PC if you have a decent one because 480p is inexcusable in this day and age :)

I'm aware of Dolphin but haven't used it in a while.
    Have they gotten their act together regarding using Wii Controllers, or am I still stuck with my crappy PS3-style controller?

Advertisement