Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I'm aware of Dolphin but haven't used it in a while.
    Have they gotten their act together regarding using Wii Controllers, or am I still stuck with my crappy PS3-style controller?

Pick up a dolphinbar, plug and play for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

Wright wrote: »
    With Nintendo always go physical until they get their act together.

And then rip the discs and play them on your PC if you have a decent one because 480p is inexcusable in this day and age :)
    But mario 64 wasn't made in this day and age.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    But mario 64 wasn't made in this day and age.

It's generally considered as the worst anyway. Certainly the ugliest.

If you really want to commit you could shell out for one of those retrons. Although undoubtedly its cheaper to shell out the cash for the virtual console version; wasted money if something happens to the console though. Personally as a non CRT owner 480p is unacceptable to me.

8 is generally considered the best, and for something different, not to hard to get a copy of Double Dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nintendo are planning on starting their own offering of a loot crate.

From here
    Everyone’s favorite games company has apparently decided to start offering its very own official Loot Crate-like subscription box. Before you get too excited about the potential for such a box, be aware that (for now) it’s only going to be offered in the UK through the Nintendo online store. It will be called the N-Box and is expected to include a mix of ” toys, clothes and other merchandise inspired by and branded with Nintendo icons.”

f91c4bef55cd342175bb082b24773ad8.jpg

Time to contact Auntie Martha :P

Allyall wrote: »

From here

Parcel Motel gonna be mobbed.

• Advertisement

Parcel Motel gonna be mobbed.

I thought Parcel Motel doesn't work with Nintendo UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Good thing I got two UK addresses to choose from :cool:
    Although maybe they'd extend it if demand was high enough? IDK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Apparently it's the same crowd who do Zavvi's zbox and I don't think they have been well received.
    Be nice if the included some of the club Nintendo stuff that I couldn't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

What sort of prices can we expect for a service like this?
    I thought Parcel Motel doesn't work with Nintendo UK?
    It does.

Yeah, the Hut Group. They're in charge of Nintendo UK. It looks to be a "Z-Box" but sold from the Nintendo UK website.

First box, all the stuff they couldn't get rid of in Stars catalogue :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    It does.

If it worked for you, you're one of the only ones. They cancel orders destined for Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Picking up rare Replay this weekend and i think there is more N64 games on the disc than the virtual console which is weird you think there would be more N64 games on a Nintendo system

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Picking up rare Replay this weekend and i think there is more N64 games on the disc than the virtual console which is weird you think there would be more N64 games on a Nintendo system

Yes Kotaku commented on that.

Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Star Lord wrote: »
    If it worked for you, you're one of the only ones. They cancel orders destined for Parcel Motel.

That's worrying. I have Super Mario Maker pre-ordered with them. I've ordered twice in the past without problem, so I'm hoping it works the same this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ordered Majoras Mask Special Edition from Nintendo and I emailed them in advance to see if Parcel Motel would be accepted and they replied saying it wouldn't be accepted as an address and would be cancelled, and it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Has Nintendo ever said why they won't allow Parcel Motel to be used?

Corholio wrote: »
    Ordered Majoras Mask Special Edition from Nintendo and I emailed them in advance to see if Parcel Motel would be accepted and they replied saying it wouldn't be accepted as an address and would be cancelled, and it was.

That's one of the items I ordered. :/

sligeach wrote: »
    Has Nintendo ever said why they won't allow Parcel Motel to be used?

No, I don't think so.
    I can't realistically think of any reason, especially when they try to tie nintendo uk and Ireland together.

I may very well be wrong here, but I don't think we can buy from Nintendo-Europe either :rolleyes:.

I emailed nintendo (I'm sure I've mentioned this before :o) about a year ago asking them, and they seemed surprised also, and told me to take it up with nintendo Europe and nintendo UK. I thought that was who I had asked.
    The response came from nintendo america, I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I dug out the email they sent me when they confirmed Parcel Motel couldn't be used....

"After further investigation, we can confirm the following:
    Thank you for contacting us regarding our UK Online Store.

We are sorry to inform you, that all orders placed through our online store, can only be delivered to addresses in the UK (including Northern Ireland).

Regrettably, we do not deliver to mail forwarding addresses, the Republic of Ireland, any offshore islands around the UK and any other country in Europe or around the world.

Whilst we can fully understand your disappointment, we felt that this was the right time to launch a service such as this in the UK, and can only honour orders for delivery to UK addresses only.

For more information on our Store terms and conditions regarding deliveries, please follow the link below:

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/articles/terms-conditions.list

Currently, we have nothing to announce in relation to offshore islands and other countries being able to order from our UK website. We would therefore recommend checking our website again at a later date for any further announcements.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.

Should you have any further queries or questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Ryan Lee
    Nintendo Customer Support"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I also such an email from them before. It might work and it might not work. I wouldn't chance it, better off moving to the UK.

• Advertisement

Nintendo ban warp pipe.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

From here

Time to contact Auntie Martha :P

Ah now, don't be American and ignore the difference between Zavvi/TheHut and Nintendo.

There's people thinking this will be a part of the new Club Nintendo because of this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

With the Wii U doing so well, Nintendo can afford to turn away money. :confused:

And that e-mail is a typical Nintendo "answer" to a question where it's just mumbo jumbo PR with no actual answer or explanation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

With Nintendo always go physical until they get their act together.

And then rip the discs and play them on your PC if you have a decent one because 480p is inexcusable in this day and age :)

Don't play them on PC!

Metroid Prime Trilogy is cheap and cheerful finally on the VC, and the two Galaxy games are easily found in Gamestop and CEX and those are easily the best platformers I've ever played.

Corholio wrote: »

Nintendo: No fun allowed.

Parcel motel should use employees in the area to ship stuff to their address and then they bring them in.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't play them on PC!

Why wouldn't you play them at a decent resolution with the original controls? I've got a 40 Inch monster here, you suggesting I play 480p off of that? Even Wii U games are rough on it. Nothing stopping him going down the CEX, Mario Galaxy is there now for a fiver, rip it, dolphinbar, wiimote, profit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you want just get a Wii and a component cable, the games will look superb on the TV, I have my stuff on my 42" plasma and they look just fine.
    But it's more important to play them, so whatever way you can!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If you want just get a Wii and a component cable, the games will look superb on the TV.

They look like arse. Tried both cables for the Wii. Not going 720p was one of their biggest missteps with the Wii.

You should see Skyward Sword at 1080p. Art in motion. And Mario Galaxy in 1080/60/3D... probably one of the best gaming experiences there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Project Zero has a release dat of 30th October with a limited edition physical release and a F2P demo on the eshop then too. Linky.... http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/the_legend_of_zelda_tri_force_heroes_dated_project_zero_maiden_of_black_water_to_have_free_and_limited_edition_versions#comment3128223

I NEED to get the physical version. If anyone knows where I could pre-order it online please tell me. Really don't want the eshop version.

Project Zero has a release dat of 30th October with a limited edition physical release and a F2P demo on the eshop then too. Linky.... http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/the_legend_of_zelda_tri_force_heroes_dated_project_zero_maiden_of_black_water_to_have_free_and_limited_edition_versions#comment3128223

I NEED to get the physical version. If anyone knows where I could pre-order it online please tell me. Really don't want the eshop version.

I looked for it a month or two ago after seeing something online about it.
    It seems it's going to be eshop exclusive in America, but no mention either way over here.
    The only places I saw it available for pre order were in Poland.
    They both deliver here.. (If it does get a physical release).
    http://sklepgekon.pl/product_info.php/cPath/95/products_id/19252/from/gt/nh/Fatal_Frame_The_Black_Haired_Shrine_Maiden_WiiU_Gry.html
    http://www.ultima.pl/ct/nintendo-wii-u/gry/przygodowe/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water

I've never used them though, so I know nothing about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I looked for it a month or two ago after seeing something online about it.
    It seems it's going to be eshop exclusive in America, but no mention either way over here.
    The only places I saw it available for pre order were in Poland.
    They both deliver here.. (If it does get a physical release).
    http://sklepgekon.pl/product_info.php/cPath/95/products_id/19252/from/gt/nh/Fatal_Frame_The_Black_Haired_Shrine_Maiden_WiiU_Gry.html
    http://www.ultima.pl/ct/nintendo-wii-u/gry/przygodowe/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water

I've never used them though, so I know nothing about them.

Yep, it's getting a limited physical run for Europe. But I wouldn't think there will be many up for grabs.

Advertisement