Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yep, it's getting a limited physical run for Europe. But I wouldn't think there will be many up for grabs.

Well then, maybe Ultima would be better, they claim it's the English version, and of the two, they're the one I have seen mentioned more.
    Which doesn't neccesarily account for anything, but if you want to chance it...

EDIT - Ultima also updated their price today. So maybe they do have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Xenoblade chronicles is on the eshop now for the wii u from today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Allyall wrote: »
    Well then, maybe Ultima would be better, they claim it's the English version, and of the two, they're the one I have seen mentioned more.
    Which doesn't neccesarily account for anything, but if you want to chance it...

EDIT - Ultima also updated their price today. So maybe they do have it.

Awesome thanks! I'll have a look there. Any idea on how they are with delivery from anyone on boards?

Awesome thanks! I'll have a look there. Any idea on how they are with delivery from anyone on boards?

Don't know anything about them.

I'm after pre ordering from them... :o
    Ah, I'm sure (I hope) it'll be okay. PLN224.90 (€54.36 - taken from my account) delivered.

Now I worry for ~ 3 months... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Xenoblade chronicles is on the eshop now for the wii u from today!

Brilliant, can you use the gamepad for offscreen gaming?

edit - fcuk it i'm getting it and seeing for my self, i love this game so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Brilliant, can you use the gamepad for offscreen gaming?

edit - fcuk it i'm getting it and seeing for my self, i love this game so much.

I'd doubt it very much without looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

they said that the gamepad will work in Wii mode with any game that works with a the Wii Gamepad or Gamepad Pro add on. And Xenoblade shipped with the gamepad pro :D Here's hoping! Did the original game require you to switch on compatibility in any way before using it?

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'd doubt it very much without looking.

Downloading now

It doesn't, I think you need to plug the gamepad pro into the gamepad.
    As once in Wii Mode, it won't allow the Gamepad to be used.

EDIT
    I stand corrected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/3fuqan/xenoblade_chronicles_wii_now_in_wii_u_eu_eshop/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Xenji wrote: »

Not long now :-) still gonna pick it up. at a stag that weekend tho.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It certainly looks better than 6 months ago, but I'm still doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Is it worth the gamble on the Polish Project Zero? It's tempting but it will be a nervous 3 months, especially if the language barrier gets in the way of correspondence.

It doesn't, I think you need to plug the gamepad pro into the gamepad.
    As once in Wii Mode, it won't allow the Gamepad to be used.

EDIT
    I stand corrected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/3fuqan/xenoblade_chronicles_wii_now_in_wii_u_eu_eshop/

First thing that comes up after you install the game is this game supports the WiiU gamepad would you like to use it, gonna probably play it just on the gamepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Can you use gamepad for eshop metroid trilogy?
    Will my disc version of xenoblade work with the gamepad?

sweetie wrote: »

No. It doesn't run natively on the Wii U, it boots up the Wii menu essentially, so no gamepad support.

edit - for metroid anyway. Apparently xenoblade runs well.

sweetie wrote: »

For me.. No.

But I've already been wrong today. :D

I can't haven't figured out how to use the gamepad for metroid trilogy, and I can't haven't figured out how to use the Gamepad for my disc version of xenoblade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Xenji wrote: »

Care I not for reviews, that online multiplayer looks fun.
    Interesting that you can "negotiate" with other clans....
    I'll be getting this and I'll start up the obligatory Boards.ie clan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Just tried Smash online. Lagtastic joke. What is up with that? With UPC and their horizon box. Went to use the usual broadband speed site to check what I'm getting but google is saturated with terribad Irish links.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Don't know anything about them.

I'm after pre ordering from them... :o
    Ah, I'm sure (I hope) it'll be okay. PLN224.90 (€54.36 - taken from my account) delivered.

Now I worry for ~ 3 months... :eek:

I think I'll take a gamble on this site. Which method of postage did you choose from the list? There seems to be a few to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

For me.. No.

But I've already been wrong today. :D

I can't haven't figured out how to use the gamepad for metroid trilogy, and I can't haven't figured out how to use the Gamepad for my disc version of xenoblade.

The gamepad doesn't work for Metroid Trilogy. The games only support the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

The Gamepad won't work on the disc version of Xenoblade, it only works on the version bought from the eshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I can't see why Nintendo couldn't run Wii Pro controller compatible games with the gamepad. Surely there's an easy work around but then that would reduce potential sales of said games on the eShop and Nintendo don't want that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

sligeach wrote: »
    I can't see why Nintendo couldn't run Wii Pro controller compatible games with the gamepad.

The answer is 'Nintendo'.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd imagine that's exactly what they've done with Xenoblade Chronicles.

The Metroid Prime Trilogy doesn't work with the Wii Pro Controller either though, only the Wiimote + Nunchuck combo, they were made specifically to use those.

I was gonna say 'please understand' but poor Iwata :(

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I think I'll take a gamble on this site. Which method of postage did you choose from the list? There seems to be a few to choose from.

I can't remember what it was called, but I originally chose DPD I think, and it then told me I had made an error and gave only one option for international shipping, so I chose that. The shipping was PLN25, which brought the price up to PLN224.90.

I can't remember what it was called, but I originally chose DPD I think, and it then told me I had made an error and gave only one option for international shipping, so I chose that. The shipping was PLN25, which brought the price up to PLN224.90.

Just one problem, is the art book thing that comes with the game going to be all in polish?

Also, I'm I thinking this right? I can play Xenoblade Chronicles on the WiiU gamepad? As in I don't have to use a Wii controller connected to a wiimote to play it? If I have that right, I'm gonna buy it tonight.

Just one problem, is the art book thing that comes with the game going to be all in polish?

Also, I'm I thinking this right? I can play Xenoblade Chronicles on the WiiU gamepad? As in I don't have to use a Wii controller connected to a wiimote to play it? If I have that right, I'm gonna buy it tonight.

Hopefully not. The original link I saw gave two stores, one was in German, and the other was in English. That one was linked as English. I'm hoping because of the small print run that they're mostly/all in English.

Afaik the eShop version of Xenoblade can be played on the Gamepad. The physical version can't.
    But somebody that has downloaded the eShop version can confirm or deny that. I can't, I haven't got the eShop version.

Hopefully not. The original link I saw gave two stores, one was in German, and the other was in English. That one was linked as English. I'm hoping because of the small print run that they're mostly/all in English.

Afaik the eShop version of Xenoblade can be played on the Gamepad. The physical version can't.
    But somebody that has downloaded the eShop version can confirm or deny that. I can't, I haven't got the eShop version.

Ok good to know. I'll take a chance on that site.

And I'll buy XC on the eshop tonight. So many games for the WiiU it's ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Ok good to know. I'll take a chance on that site.

And I'll buy XC on the eshop tonight. So many games for the WiiU it's ridiculous!

Just to show: http://www.ultima.pl/ct/nintendo-wii-u/gry/przygodowe/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water

On the bottom left in the margin it says

Wersja językowa:
    Pełna angielska

And google translate tells me that means:

Language:
    Full English

Advertisement