Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Allyall wrote: »
    Just to show: http://www.ultima.pl/ct/nintendo-wii-u/gry/przygodowe/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water

On the bottom left in the margin it says

Wersja językowa:
    Pełna angielska

And google translate tells me that means:

Language:
    Full English

Yeah I saw that, sound.

Trying to set payment up. What did you put in for post code? It's not letting me go any further than that. Even though I have it set to Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wright wrote: »
    They look like arse. Tried both cables for the Wii. Not going 720p was one of their biggest missteps with the Wii.

You should see Skyward Sword at 1080p. Art in motion. And Mario Galaxy in 1080/60/3D... probably one of the best gaming experiences there is.

Well, we will have to respectfully disagree so.
    I love the way my Wii looks on the TV as it stands, I also adore how crisp the GameCube looks via RGB on my PVM.
    This race for HD visuals is a bust, you can't create detail where no detail exists.
    But each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What did you put in for post code? It's not letting me go any further than that. Even though I have it set to Ireland.

Look up your eircode, and try that.

http://finder.eircode.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This race for HD visuals is a bust, you can't create detail where no detail exists.
    But each to their own.

Not terribly true, there are HD texture packs for lots of games. Resident Evil 4 and Twilight Princess spring to mind and are very accomplished and faithful.

Skyward Sword is quite stylized so upscales beautifully, as does Wind Waker, but the WiiU version is preferable to me at this point; though lots object to the glare. Mario Galaxy also very stylized textures so looks flawless; and Dolphin even incorporates better shaders on things like starbits/crystals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The Walking Dead might be coming to Wii U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Those games got me in the feels. Hopefully they'll do similar with the superb The Wolf Among Us series too. (Waiting for TWAU Season 2!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah I saw that, sound.

Trying to set payment up. What did you put in for post code? It's not letting me go any further than that. Even though I have it set to Ireland.
    Star Lord wrote: »
    Look up your eircode, and try that.

http://finder.eircode.ie

I never even thought of eircode :o
    I used 0000

Gotta get used to that.

I never even thought of eircode :o
    I used 0000

Gotta get used to that.

Yup tried all that yesterday but it just wouldn't accept the eircode or n/a or 0000 or anything I tried. I'll try again today.

Which site did you order from? Are they both the same company as they are charging the same slightly discounted price in polish monies.

Sorry for all the stupid question, I just seem to be having a major brain fart over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I may actually try and buy it myself. Even though I haven't played any of the Project Zeros yet, I have 2 on the Wii.

Did you try just using a '-' for postcode. Sometimes works

I have no idea if they are the same company, But I have heard of Ultima before (them and konsoleigry), so I ordered from them, also they advertised the full English version, I think the other place said it was in German.

Konsoleigry also have the English version for pre order. They may be easier to order from. I've heard of them on another forum too.

• Advertisement

It worked! Turns out I was just selecting the wrong postage. So it's all ordered and done a dusted with Ultima.

Now I play the poxy waiting game, like the rest of us.

Oh please God let the art book thing be in English, not polish, please please please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

At least the pictures will be in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did they take the money now or upon dispatch? Just may cancel closer the time if announced more locally

• Registered Users Posts: 17,663 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did they take the money now or upon dispatch? Just may cancel closer the time if announced more locally
    Don't know anything about them.

I'm after pre ordering from them...
    Ah, I'm sure (I hope) it'll be okay. PLN224.90 (€54.36 - taken from my account) delivered.

Now I worry for ~ 3 months...

That would suggest they take the money now. I'll wait for Smyths to hopefully put it up on their site. If it's €50-55 that's fine but I'm not paying €70. They've got real bad lately with their prices.

Yep, was taken. I don't know if either of the others take it.

sligeach wrote: »
    That would suggest they take the money now. I'll wait for Smyths to hopefully put it up on their site. If it's €50-55 that's fine but I'm not paying €70. They've got real bad lately with their prices.

Yeah feck that! Most like it will stay at €69.99 since its known it will be a limited edtion release. Smyths and gamestop know their customers, so €55 including postage from Poland is good enough for me.

Money was taken as soon as I clicked pay now. You can order and payment can be taken on release if you like. I just had the money there so went ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

I didn't realise I needed a Wii remote to play Wii games on the Wii U. Well that sucks.

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I didn't realise I needed a Wii remote to play Wii games on the Wii U. Well that sucks.

... well that's a new one.

Dude they're completely different controller types, and Wii games aren't edited to have forwards compatibility at all. Of course you need a wiimote lol. Do yourself a favour and make sure its got built in motion+

Some of the Wii U games that appear in the eShop will allow you to use the gamepad. In any case, if you look around buyandsell/adverts/trade in stores and sometimes on Amazon italy and Germany you can find wii motion plus controllers for relatively cheap, also handy to have as an extra controller for multiplayer games.

Do I need to buy a sensor bar as well?

• Advertisement

Do I need to buy a sensor bar as well?
    I think the Gamepad has a sensor bar, and technically you don't need one, but again they can be picked up for little or nothing.
    €2 - €4 for Example

m.ebay.ie/itm/Wired-Nunchuck-Remote-Controller-Motion-Plus-Black-for-Nintendo-Wii-UK-/121194265564?nav=SEARCH

This seems a grand price.

m.ebay.ie/itm/Wired-Nunchuck-Remote-Controller-Motion-Plus-Black-for-Nintendo-Wii-UK-/121194265564?nav=SEARCH

This seems a grand price.

I'd get reviews first and ask. Some of those non branded can be terrible. Some can be good. But some can be terrible.

Something like this seems good value to me.

It's Marino Cart instead of MarioKart - much rarer and more valuable version.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I have to say, I hate the controller needs and variations for the WiiU.

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Ya there's way too many. I already have a gamepad and a pro controller. Now I have to buy a remote and a nunchuk.

Yeah, but it's good that you can play all of their previous consoles as they were made/meant to be played?

I traded in Smash today cause the stick is just bad on the gamepad, and I wasn't shelling out for a pro. Plus Melee was amazing cause I had mates around, probably 100+ hours clocked, but now all I have is online and sure everyone one there spends a long time learning the game properly, and I just can't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Wright wrote: »
    I traded in Smash today cause the stick is just bad on the gamepad, and I wasn't shelling out for a pro. Plus Melee was amazing cause I had mates around, probably 100+ hours clocked, but now all I have is online and sure everyone one there spends a long time learning the game properly, and I just can't be bothered.

How does single player stack up? I have never played a Smash game before.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    How does single player stack up? I have never played a Smash game before.

Eh. It's Smash. It's not an SP title. If you wanna try it out you can pick up one of the older ones for cheap enough now. Paying 60 just to try its SP out is gonna end badly I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

you can play it single player, same as the last few Smashes but that doesn't mean you should :D There's an adventure mode on both 3DS and WiiU (they work differently) but they're not great. Buy an Amiibo and train it though, it's a different game.

Regarding Wii accessories - official Wiimotes, nunchucks and pads are so expensive new that you might find it cheaper to buy a Wii second hand with a couple of controllers and games, strip out the parts you want (controllers, sensor bar, batteries, fit boards, guitars and whatnot) and try to sell what's left on to claw back some of your outlay. Also, occasionally the titles that ship with Wiimotes and/or M+ attachments and even the gamepads in the box sell cheaper than the accessory themselves.

Advertisement