Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Yeah where do Nintendo get off repackaging Wii remotes and nunchucks as Wii U controllers and sending them back out at €40 a pop? Rip off merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Argh I kind of want to play it! Even though I may regret the purchase.

Actually as far as I know there is a demo of the 3ds version. Might try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rodea has been delayed again.
    NIS America has delayed Rodea the Sky Soldier once again. The game, originally planned for September before being delayed to mid-October, will now launch for Wii U and 3DS on November 10 in North America and November 13 in Europe.

The company cites “ongoing technical difficulties” for the delay and is pushing back the release “in order to give players the best experience possible.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

When I was doing this a little while ago, it was cheaper to buy a used wii with the wiimote, nunchuck, sensor bar, then to buy them separate. Price is silly high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Xenji wrote: »
    Rodea has been delayed again.

Ugh, totally lost interest in picking this up now, along with Mighty No 9 delays to next year, I'm giving up.*

*probably a lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Project zero special edition up on Nintendo UK site now, for those who didn't order from Poland.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Project zero special edition up on Nintendo UK site now, for those who didn't order from Poland.

How are people in RoI ordering from the Nintendo UK site? I thought they don't send to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

How are people in RoI ordering from the Nintendo UK site? I thought they don't send to Ireland?

Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Are they solid with Parcel Motel or is it like Zavvi / The Hut where you have a 50/50 chance they'll cancel the order if they notice that it's for a parcel forwarding service?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ok picked up a Wii U last weekend, yay!

So far I've got/ordered:
    Zombie U
    Splatoon
    Hyrule Warriors
    New Super Mario Bro U
    Super Mario 3D
    Bayonetta 1 & 2

Aiming to get shortly:
    Mario Kart 8
    The Legend of Zelda Wind Walker

Anything glaringly sticking out as missing? Mainly interested in solo player games (i.e. no Smashbros) without internet connection due to the location I'll be using it. Oh and I have a PC so anything like Batman etc. I'd play on the PC rather than the Wii U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Wonderful 101, and it's at the lowest price it's been for a long time on the BA thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Parcel Motel.

They don't send to PM either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wright wrote: »
    They don't send to PM either.

I think it can if you get lucky. Usually doesn't though.

I have two UK addresses so I'm happy :pac:

You could stick Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 onto that list as well Nody. Both cracking games.

I wouldn't trust parcel motel with it but then it might work. I'm lucky enough that I have a UK address to use. Regarding Project Zero.

Also, does anyone know where I can order Rodeo Sky Soldier special edition? I have it preordred on shopto but only because I have credit with them but I'm not sure its the special edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nody wrote: »
    Ok picked up a Wii U last weekend, yay!

So far I've got/ordered:
    Zombie U
    Splatoon
    Hyrule Warriors
    New Super Mario Bro U
    Super Mario 3D
    Bayonetta 1 & 2

Aiming to get shortly:
    Mario Kart 8
    The Legend of Zelda Wind Walker

Anything glaringly sticking out as missing? Mainly interested in solo player games (i.e. no Smashbros) without internet connection due to the location I'll be using it. Oh and I have a PC so anything like Batman etc. I'd play on the PC rather than the Wii U.

Lego City Undercover.

Question as well is did you have a Wii? If not you have that whole back catalogue to choose from as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Lego City Undercover.

Question as well is did you have a Wii? If not you have that whole back catalogue to choose from as well.
    No Wii at the time and I ordered a replacement motion control for it to play down the line but I have to start somewhere :P

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Parcel Motel.

Every time I've ordered someing with the Nintendo site and used PM, my orders get cancelled. Last time I tried was with the Majora's mask special edition box set thingy. I gave up after that.

Animal crossing home designer stuff up for preorder on Amazon, game and Nintebdo UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sorry lads, I'm out of the loop again. Is either Splatoon or Yoshi's Wolly World any good single player style?

Haven't got stuck in to a decent game in months. I'm thinking either one of these or Jurassic World (but I didn't love the other Lego games, much as I wanted to).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

Splatoon is mainly online multiplayer focused. It had about 5/10 hour single player, and about 15 with amiibo challenges.

Wooly World is a platformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I've played through Wooly World SP and its good craic. Can also be a bit of a challenge if you try to hunt down all the secrets in each level.

Splatoon SP is good fun (and with one of the best final bosses in gaming for a long time), but short and at times can feel like a glorified tutorial for the MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Phil Spencer of Microsoft had some decent things to say about Nintendo:

"On the Wii U, I think people downplay how many units they’ve sold. I’ve got a Wii U, I think there’s some great games on there. I think Splatoon’s a really nice game and I don’t think there’s a first-party out there that has the strength of IP that Nintendo has. They’re always a beacon to me when I look at what it means to build a first-party portfolio of products, they’ve done a great job"

I'd buy Phil Spencer a pint.

If he gave me an Xbox.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Halo 6 to drop forerunners and instead have the next Halo installation to house the Mushroom Kingdom!
    Cortana to be replaced by Peach!
    When Master Chief lifts his visor he is in fact Luigi!
    The Arbiter to be played by Bowser!
    Warthog to have Red Shell guns as standard, can also drop bananas!
    Dropship pilot now Lakitu!

I would probably play that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

*places preorder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Does anyone know where the cheapist place to get the wii u pro controller ?.

As I have been playing Beyannta 2 with the gamepad and just say it is driving me nuts as its not comfy for that kind of game I need a proper controller badly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, Argos have a third party one for €32 link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Must grab one of those, cheers.

Advertisement