Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, Argos have a third party one for €32 link

I'm trying to express my confusion/curiosity.

Whhhhaaaaatttt?

Is that better than the £11 ones on Amazon UK?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm trying to express my confusion/curiosity.

Whhhhaaaaatttt?

Is that better than the £11 ones on Amazon UK?

They look very official. Anyone used these?

Wright wrote: »
    They look very official. Anyone used these?
    Can't say I have, but the other ones look horrible.

HORRIBLE.

I mean i think they look horrible.

I don't like them.

^
    The above post was supposed to be read with the voice I had in my head at the time, and a hint of over exxageration/sarcasm... :o
    I 'm reading it now and it doesn't do that well at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

abbir wrote: »

If you take into account shipping that probably comes out more expensive, even considering the yen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got mine for €20 back when PC World were clearing their stock. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I have a reservation code for the GameCube thingy for Smash if anyone wants it?

Ilac centre, in Dublin, there until end of today. Pm me of ya want to collect it as I don't think I'll ever use it tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I got mine for €20 back when PC World were clearing their stock. :D

Me too, and I hated it, I sold it and bought a Giotek one instead, that has the sticks and buttons in the same places as the 360 pad. Also it doubles as a Wii Pro pad as well, with the flick of a switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Convince me not to get the 8gb Wii U and Mario Kart 8 for €200 in Smyths and then buy Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and Twilight Princess (games I've never played).

Please. Convince me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think your sig says it all, Keno.

DyYX2T6.jpg

Keno wrote: »
    Convince me not to get the 8gb Wii U and Mario Kart 8 for €200 in Smyths and then buy Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and Twilight Princess (games I've never played).

Please. Convince me.

Mario Kart 8 can be pretty frustrating and hard, especially online, cause of the bloody power ups.

Ye both failed spectacularly in your given mission. Instead of convincing me to not purchase the above, you've done the opposite and then some.

I ordered Galaxy 1, 2, Twilight Princess and Wonderful 101 on Amazon and tomorrow will purchase the console with MK8 and also Super Mario Bros Wii U and Super Mario 3D World. I think I'll also pre-order the Mario Maker with the amiibo.

Thanks for nothing.

Err ok, congratulations/commiserations, I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome aboard the good ship really-fun-gaming! :D:p

I'm assuming you don't have a Wii so you need to get the Wii Motion Plus and nunchuck. You also need Wind Waker HD, Lego City Undercover, Wii version of Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, Okami. Guessing Bayonetta 1 and 2 and just so you don't feel left out, you will also need Splatoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ye both failed spectacularly in your given mission. Instead of convincing me to not purchase the above, you've done the opposite and then some.

I ordered Galaxy 1, 2, Twilight Princess and Wonderful 101 on Amazon and tomorrow will purchase the console with MK8 and also Super Mario Bros Wii U and Super Mario 3D World. I think I'll also pre-order the Mario Maker with the amiibo.

Thanks for nothing.

You're..... welcome? :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm assuming you don't have a Wii so you need to get the Wii Motion Plus and nunchuck. You also need Wind Waker HD, Lego City Undercover, Wii version of Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, Okami. Guessing Bayonetta 1 and 2 and just so you don't feel left out, you will also need Splatoon

I have two Wii remotes and a nunchuck. Will these not work or do I need the motion plus?

I have so many games coming and so many more games to buy! I was looking at Bayonetta as it's on sale in Argos but it's out of stock!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Welcome aboard the good ship really-fun-gaming! :D:p

• Advertisement

I'll be walking up to the counter tomorrow full of Wii U goodies like Al with his twinkies.

die-hard-al-powell.jpg

*Cashier stares*

Me: "Eh, they're for my pregnant wife little cousins.

Cashier: "Sure"

Me: "Just bag it"

I have two Wii remotes and a nunchuck. Will these not work or do I need the motion plus?

I have so many games coming and so many more games to buy! I was looking at Bayonetta as it's on sale in Argos but it's out of stock!

Wii games can be played without Motion Plus, except specified games like Skyward Sword. But I think all Wii U games that use Wiimotes need Motion Plus, though I may be wrong. Maybe someone who has tried it can correct me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Please. Convince me.

Don't forget Skyward Sword if you haven't played it.

And.... and... There is a long list of great games from Wii and Wii U. You made a wise decision.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2015/August/Get-a-taste-of-Splatoon-s-thrilling-ink-flinging-4-vs-4-multiplayer-in-a-new-Testfire-summer-camp-event-starting-August-22nd-1043294.html
    Get a taste of Splatoon's thrilling ink-flinging 4-vs-4 multiplayer in a new Testfire summer camp event starting August 22nd

17/08/2015
    No matter their age or skill level, everyone can enjoy some good clean fun in the unique action shooter Splatoon, only available for Wii U. Two teams of four players compete to cover the most ground with their ink in Turf Wars, fast-paced online matches where it’s mind over splatter, and tactics and teamwork win the day!
    Anyone yet to take the plunge can sample the ink-flinging fun for themselves this month, with a special Splatoon Testfire summer camp event open to all Wii U owners. By downloading the free demo, available now from Nintendo eShop on Wii U, players can jump into one-hour Turf War sessions at certain times each day from August 22nd to the 28th.
    The full times and dates are as follows (all stated times are UK time):
    • 19:00 – 20:00 on Saturday 22nd
    • 19:00 – 20:00 on Sunday 23rd
    • 09:00 – 10:00 on Monday 24th
    • 09:00 – 10:00 on Tuesday 25th
    • 15:00 – 16:00 on Wednesday 26th
    • 15:00 – 16:00 on Thursday 27th
    • 15:00 – 16:00 on Friday 28th
    Meanwhile, Splatoon continues to get bigger and better, with a recent major software update introducing new ways to play with friends, two new weapon types, new gear and much more. For more information about the game, please visit the Splatoon website and stay tuned to the official Splatoon Facebook page for ongoing updates.
    Splatoon is available from shops and as a downloadable version from Nintendo eShop now, only on Wii U.
    *Online play requires one copy of the software per console. Broadband internet connection required. The registration of Nintendo Network ID and acceptance of the Nintendo Network Agreement and Privacy Policy are required.

Nintendo are hilariously stingy with their demos god damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Cheaper here: 166 euro!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9128835.htm

smokingman wrote: »

The one I got in Smyths came with a game for €200, so if you account for that it's cheaper there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

The one I got in Smyths came with a game for €200, so if you account for that it's cheaper there.

Winning either way :D Enjoy and drop us your NNID when you hook up to t'internet with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Anyone else having problems getting online on Wii u or 3ds tonight? I can't even get onto the eshop nor can I play games online. I can however use the Internet browser on both systems.

Advertisement