Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems getting online on Wii u or 3ds tonight? I can't even get onto the eshop nor can I play games online. I can however use the Internet browser on both systems.

Seems to be a problem with my wifi I can connect on the 3ds over 3G tethering from the phone. I can't reset at the moment as 3 others are streAming TV and I would have to shut them all off. Weird one since the browser is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

smokingman wrote: »
    Winning either way :D Enjoy and drop us your NNID when you hook up to t'internet with it.

Nintendo ID: Keno92

Anyone else can gladly add away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Devils third got a decent review in japan.
    Four reviewers scored it 8/9/8/and 8

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Devils third got a decent review in japan.
    Four reviewers scored it 8/9/8/and 8

That contradicts the folk who have already reviewed and condemned it, through the time honoured method of watching a Youtube trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That contradicts the folk who have already reviewed and condemned it, through the time honoured method of watching a Youtube trailer.

:D

Probably true too.

I am after looking through my preorders.. I thought I had Devil's Third already ordered, but it seems not. I'm broke at the minute too.. :(

I'll find a way... :D

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    :D

Probably true too.

I am after looking through my preorders.. I thought I had Devil's Third already ordered, but it seems not. I'm broke at the minute too.. :(

I'll find a way... :D

If its anyway good to you, its on littlewoods ireland for 55 delivered, slightly cheaper than gamestop. They also say under it, that order now and youll have it by launch day. Anyone pre order a game from littlewoods before and get it at launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

If its anyway good to you, its on littlewoods ireland for 55 delivered, slightly cheaper than gamestop. They also say under it, that order now and youll have it by launch day. Anyone pre order a game from littlewoods before and get it at launch?

I've just ordered it there and it says my delivery date is by the 4th September...I can wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I know someone in here was looking to get Rodea The Sky Soldier, can't remember who it was. Nintendo put up details about a Special Edition earlier.

CMxj0IJWwAA0HwU.jpg:large

Looks like the Wii U Special Edition pre order is already sold out, 3DS still available though.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/rodea-the-sky-soldier.list?utm_medium=Nintendo+UK&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=rodea

smokingman wrote: »
    I've just ordered it there and it says my delivery date is by the 4th September...I can wait :)

same as, hopefully its just a placeholder

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So for Rodea, is there a difference between the Wii and Wii U versions, apart from graphics? Like are they 2 completely different games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Corholio wrote: »
    I know someone in here was looking to get Rodea The Sky Soldier, can't remember who it was. Nintendo put up details about a Special Edition earlier.

CMxj0IJWwAA0HwU.jpg:large

Looks like the Wii U Special Edition pre order is already sold out, 3DS still available though.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/rodea-the-sky-soldier.list?utm_medium=Nintendo+UK&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=rodea

It was me, I think. It's still on nisaeurope for preorder.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So for Rodea, is there a difference between the Wii and Wii U versions, apart from graphics? Like are they 2 completely different games?

There doesn't seem to be - wiki rodea
    On November 14, 2014, Kadokawa announced that the home version of the game has switched platforms from the Wii to the Wii U and that the game was now scheduled to be released in Spring 2015. It was also revealed that the originally cancelled Wii game will be a bonus in the initial print.[9][10]

Anybody planning on getting The Bridge for the Wii U this week? (。♥‿♥。)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Apparently the Wii U version plays terribly, which would explain the Wii version being included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Pokken tournament is coming to Wii U in Spring 2016, shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Pokken tournament is coming to Wii U in Spring 2016, shocking.

Don't you mean....

...shocking?
    20577630080_7d06436811.jpg

16253263244_d98f16c2c9_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The Pokken reveal trailer:

My local Smyths is having a Nintendo all day event on Sept 5th. Apparently a Nintendo rep will be there. Probably just be a demo of Mario Maker. Must take a run down and see if there are any freebies

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

My local Smyths is having a Nintendo all day event on Sept 5th. Apparently a Nintendo rep will be there. Probably just be a demo of Mario Maker. Must take a run down and see if there are any freebies

Which Smyths?

Letterkenny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Letterkenny

lol. Wonder if the Dublin 1 will have one. Will check it out and post later.

• Advertisement

I wonder will they be doing it in any other stores.
    They are in the UK- http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/page/store-events-page/

But nowt mentioned here - http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/store-events-page/

I didn't even know they did events. I know someone that I'd definitely bring to a Nintendo day and he'd want to drag me to Star Wars day too..
    Must check it out some more :)

I just saw what was basically an A5 sized notice on the front door about it. Seemed to be issued by Nintendo as had all their characters on it, then just spaces on it for the store to write where and when. Then when I asked the guy at the games desk he didn't know anything about it so went and found out for me. So I think they need to start promoting it over the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,663 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sorry but November 20th will not be a great day. desismileys_4532.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I have a 32gig mem stick here, trying to format it to use with the Wii U but it just goes intoa a neverending circle when it's trying to set it up. Anyone know anything about this?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have a 32gig mem stick here, trying to format it to use with the Wii U but it just goes intoa a neverending circle when it's trying to set it up. Anyone know anything about this?

What read/write speeds does the stick support?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,663 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You shouldn't really be using a memory stick. Buy an external 500GB hard drive. If you know where to look you can get them really cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

No idea, took 5 weeks to come from China, no paperwork.

Tried the second port and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not bothered at all about Mario Tennis, but looking forward to Starfox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They've shown very little of Mario Tennis - I'm interested to see is there any real depth there. I generally like the Mario Sports games.

Advertisement