Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The European one:

xenoblade-bundles-eu-656x656.jpg

The US one:

xenoblade_boxset.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

My Devils Third arrived this morning so I'll be cracking into it tonight and leave a few impressions here after. Anyone else get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

smokingman wrote: »
    My Devils Third arrived this morning so I'll be cracking into it tonight and leave a few impressions here after. Anyone else get it?

Just got my copy here in work too. Don't know when I'll get around to it though. Watched the first 30 mins of the solo campaign on YouTube yesterday, looks deadly to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Expecting delivery today, hopefully its waiting at home for me, when i get back this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 17,662 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/devils-third 41%

So no I won't be buying it. Maybe when it drops to €10 I might buy it just to add to my collection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a feeling it'll be so unpopular it'll have a limited print run and so gain in value, suck so hard they won't be able to sell it, so turn up in Argos for a tenner by October or it'll stay at launch price for the next 4 years, like most Nintendo releases.
    Not really a prediction then, more a statement of possible outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Preordered Project Zero in Game on Saturday. But will keep an eye out to see if any retailers here will sell it. Asked in Smyths but they just know whatever's on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have a feeling it'll be so unpopular it'll have a limited print run and so gain in value, suck so hard they won't be able to sell it, so turn up in Argos for a tenner by October or it'll stay at launch price for the next 4 years, like most Nintendo releases.
    Not really a prediction then, more a statement of possible outcomes.

I'd say it'll bomb to the fiver market by christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I'd say it'll bomb to the fiver market by christmas.

And yet Famitsu loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm hoping it will be bad the same way Deadly Premonition was 'bad', i.e one of my favourite games of last gen!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And yet Famitsu loved it.

Famitsu love everything Japanese. Especially if the developer is "legendary".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Corholio wrote: »
    The European one:

xenoblade-bundles-eu-656x656.jpg

The US one:

xenoblade_boxset.jpg

So no cool usb drive for us Europeans? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

My Gamepad won't control anything on screen if I have the menu on the TV.

If I launch Netflix from the Gamepad, it'll display on both the TV and Gamepad for the logo splash screen, but then only on the Gamepad once the app starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

If I launch Netflix from the Gamepad, it'll display on both the TV and Gamepad for the logo splash screen, but then only on the Gamepad once the app starts.

Did you pair the controller with the TV as a TV remote?
    There are multiple codes for each TV. Some work partially, some not at all. You may have entered a code that seemed to work, but does so only partially.

What brand of TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Have not paired it as a remote. I pressed the TV button to check if the youngfella had, but it just set it needs to be set up through the settings menu, so it's not that.

It's a Philips TV.

Something updated as there was a message saying download complete, but I'm not sure if it was a system or Netflix update.

You mean the TV menu on the gamepad?
    That's normal if you're saying it won't control the game, as the buttons do things to your TV.

To set it up you need to go into the main settings and into the TV section and follow the instructions.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You mean the TV menu on the gamepad?
    That's normal if you're saying it won't control the game, as the buttons do things to your TV.

To set it up you need to go into the main settings and into the TV section and follow the instructions.

Yeah, sounds right, I must've misread.
    If you want to use the Gamepad as the TV screen (Off TV Play), on most games press the select button.

A list of Off TV Software - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-TV_Play#List_of_Off-TV_Play_compatible_software

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Gunman Clive HD is bloody lovely to look at.

So just outta curiosity I emailed Nintendo to see if Project Zero would be released in Ireland, suggesting Smyths and Gamestop. They replied today to say they're unfortunately not able to answer the question and the best thing to do would be to contact those retailers to see if they'll be stocking the game.

Edit: And now I look at gamestop's site and see it available for preorder for €69.99

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So just outta curiosity I emailed Nintendo to see if Project Zero would be released in Ireland, suggesting Smyths and Gamestop. They replied today to say they're unfortunately not able to answer the question and the best thing to do would be to contact those retailers to see if they'll be stocking the game.

I emailed them to ask the same and also asked why it is not possible to buy from Nintendo UK and Ireland store.
    I got an email similar to that back, with "We will look at the issues you have mentioned, but unfortunately will not be able to keep you updated on any progress."

It does look like they couldn't care much.

• Advertisement

Pretty bad response. They're telling you "We'll look into the issue you're reporting but won't tell you if we find a resolution". How's that useful to you?
    I've preordered in Game but may just preorder in Gamestop instead. Have there been any issues with gamestop cancelling preorders before. I think there have been with Game. Might be okay since not an Amiibo bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,662 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pikmin 4 in development and "very close to completion"
    Gardens of the galaxy.

Pikmin 4 is in development and "very close to completion", Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto has exclusively confirmed to Eurogamer.

Speaking during an interview held back in July, Nintendo's top designer revealed that work on a fourth major Pikmin game was well underway.

"It's actually very close to completion," Miyamoto said. "Pikmin teams are always working on the next one."

Nintendo then confirmed the news to Eurogamer in a separate statement:

"We can confirm that Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present."

The last title in the garden strategy series, Pikmin 3, launched for Wii U back in 2013.

Miyamoto did not specify the platform that Pikmin 4 would launch on, but word that the game is close to completion suggests a launch is possible on the company's current hardware.

Nintendo's next platform, the mysterious NX console, is currently in development but is not due to be detailed until some point in 2016. There's no word yet on if it will also launch next year too.

A mix of time-management and strategy tactics, Nintendo's Pikmin series sees you lead an army of tiny creatures as you attempt to survive on a mysterious planet.

The original Pikmin and its sequel released three years apart, both for GameCube. Fans then had to endure a long nine year wait for Pikmin 3.

During that wait, Nintendo re-released the two original titles for Wii with added motion controls. Series hero Captain Olimar also joined the all-star cast of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and later reappeared in Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U.

The first Pikmin game saw you race against time to repair your spaceship. Its sequel strengthened the formula by adding procedurally-generated dungeon caves and fresh Pikmin species.

Pikmin 3 landed somewhere nearer the first in terms of its gameplay, although now with stylish HD visuals. However, some criticised how older Pikmin types had been side-lined.
    jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion

Pikmin 4 was a game I predicted would be at E3 just gone and was surprised when it wasn't. I expected it to be on the Wii U and that Nintendo would reuse the games engine to help speed up development. It would be easier to do than starting a different franchise from scratch. It could be out for Christmas. Xenoblade Chronicles X is the only game out in December but that's very niche, not that Pikmin 4 is hugely popular either. I'd certainly welcome another game, this time with online though.

Strange thing about the article, apart from being pretty out of nowhere, is the fact the interview took place in July. How come it's only now they're running the story? I know interviews are usually done at events then rolled out over the following weeks, but surely there's a chance they could've been scooped. Unless they were under a NDA until they got the go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Seems like the sort of thing that would have been in a direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

sligeach wrote: »
    Pikmin 4 was a game I predicted would be at E3 just gone and was surprised when it wasn't.

I still have Pikimin 3 unopened that I picked up in January after playing the demo and hearing how difficult it was getting to find. With the dark evenings coming back again I may get to it eventually,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I still have Pikimin 3 unopened that I picked up in January after playing the demo and hearing how difficult it was getting to find. With the dark evenings coming back again I may get to it eventually,
    I hope it has online multiplayer. That would make it awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

GAME customers who pre-ordered Super Mario Maker have woken this morning to find that their bank accounts have now been charged again multiple times.

Many have now been charged for seven copies of the game - costing £328.93 - when they had only ordered one.

Anyone order from Game? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I haven't played Shovel Knight yet! :eek::D
    I went to purchase it more than once and held off. Then I see it's getting a physical release. Pre-ordered.

I can't wait :)

What is this?
    Star Sky :confused:
    I'm using a one speaker laptop here at the minute so maybe I'm missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

been looking everywhere for a copy of Zelda Wind Waker HD and i just can't find it in any store. I know it's available on the eshop but i'm not paying €60 for a digital download, what a rip off and i would't be able to trade it or gift it to anyone. I'd like to buy it second hand off anyone but i'm in Cork.

Advertisement