Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Hmm I came across this this evening a laparoscopic controller for the Wii U http://www.undergroundthegame.com/#controller

So yeah now I can learn keyhole surgery

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Hmm I came across this this evening a laparoscopic controller for the Wii U http://www.undergroundthegame.com/#controller

So yeah now I can learn keyhole surgery

That would be cool, though I'd rather a proper surgery sim using laparoscopic tools.
    Level 2, let's have that gall bladder out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That would be cool, though I'd rather a proper surgery sim using laparoscopic tools.
    Level 2, let's have that gall bladder out!

'Thank you Mario!

But your liver is in another patient'

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

I'd play a "Luigi's Liposuction" game. It'd be exactly like the Luigi's Mansion series, except instead of ghosts, you'd have gobs of human fat, and instead of a haunted house, you'd have the man-boobs of some fella that half-looks like Wario.

…No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Man I love CEX. One massive positive about the WiiU is the fact the games hold their value. I bought Splatoon for €32, got €28 cash for it today!

Bought Scribblenauts Unlimited for €14, got €15 cash!!:pac:

They were offering 52 store credit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Man I love CEX. One massive positive about the WiiU is the fact the games hold their value. I bought Splatoon for €32, got €28 cash for it today!

Bought Scribblenauts Unlimited for €14, got €15 cash!!:pac:

They were offering 52 store credit too.
    Why would anyone want to sell splatoon:-0

Haha I finished the single player, and had a good go online. Online shooters are not really my thing(it is by far the best I've ever played though). I rather play new single player challenges. Definitely had my €4 worth though:pac:

Will stick with MK8 for my online fix.

Haha I finished the single player, and had a good go online. Online shooters are not really my thing(it is by far the best I've ever played though). I rather play new single player challenges. Definitely had my €4 worth though:pac:

Will stick with MK8 for my online fix.

YeAh I see where your coming from, I do like to play a game, complete it and move onto the next sometimes but for some reason I just can't bring myself to sell Nintendo games, the only one I sold from the Wii U was dk tropical freeze and I want to buy it again as I regret selling it.

Strange thing is I've a ps4 and don't mind selling those games after completion, why I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition Pack is now available for pre-order on the Nintendo UK website.
    11174735-5484328783416449.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-wii-u/xenoblade-chronicles-x-limited-edition-pack/11174735.html

It's £60 though. That's over €80. I don't know about anybody else but I think that's crazy. I hope it's available elsewhere for cheaper because there's no way I'm paying that.

iamtony wrote: »
    YeAh I see where your coming from, I do like to play a game, complete it and move onto the next sometimes but for some reason I just can't bring myself to sell Nintendo games, the only one I sold from the Wii U was dk tropical freeze and I want to buy it again as I regret selling it.

Strange thing is I've a ps4 and don't mind selling those games after completion, why I don't know!

I'd have preferred to hold onto it, but I couldn't turn down that money for a game I'm pretty much done with, tough times!!

Scribblenauts was pretty disappointing. Had always been curious about it. Cute idea, works well, just doesn't really play well at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

sligeach wrote: »
    The Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition Pack is now available for pre-order on the Nintendo UK website.
    11174735-5484328783416449.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-wii-u/xenoblade-chronicles-x-limited-edition-pack/11174735.html

It's £60 though. That's over €80. I don't know about anybody else but I think that's crazy. I hope it's available elsewhere for cheaper because there's no way I'm paying that.

Amazon Germany has it for 70 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not really an unusual price for a limited edition though, on any console.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Not really an unusual price for a limited edition though, on any console.

I've paid a lot less for other Limited Editions. Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, the last pre-order I paid for and the next game I get before XCX, I paid £43. Nintendo's own website charged £50. It's taking the p1ss a bit asking for so much. And a lot of the comments I've read online aren't impressed by it either with many saying they'll buy the solus version now instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

In response to this; apologies and forgiveness all around.
    This weeks eshop is good to great :D.
    There are still a fair few games I'm looking forward to getting on the eshop when they arrive. So whatever about the turds that do sneak in, the good outweighs them 20,000 fold.

Ah, I'm fickle.. :o

Does anyone have an Avermedia live gamer portable that the use on the Wii U?
    I decided to dust my sons off since people were asking about it in the Mario maker thread but it doesn't seem to be working very well with it.

I have it all connected and it records for about a minute then the telly looses the connection and after that the red light stays glowing on and off but I can't stop recording, even though it's not really recording anything after the one minute. Basically to turn it off you have to unplug it.
    Any have similar problems?

iamtony wrote: »
    Does anyone have an Avermedia live gamer portable that the use on the Wii U?
    I decided to dust my sons off since people were asking about it in the Mario maker thread but it doesn't seem to be working very well with it.

I have it all connected and it records for about a minute then the telly looses the connection and after that the red light stays glowing on and off but I can't stop recording, even though it's not really recording anything after the one minute. Basically to turn it off you have to unplug it.
    Any have similar problems?
    It may need a firmware update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Gamepad got water damaged; what are my options?

homolumo wrote: »
    Gamepad got water damaged; what are my options?

Remove battery, get a big bag/bowl of rice, put it into it. Then put it into the hotpress.

DO NOT put hairdryer at it, it may do damage.

EDIT -

Uncooked rice, and make sure it covers the gamepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Allyall wrote: »
    Remove battery, get a big bag/bowl of rice, put it into it. Then put it into the hotpress.

DO NOT put hairdryer at it, it may do damage.

EDIT -

Uncooked rice, and make sure it covers the gamepad.

Thanks. Did that;battery is actually fine but display is screwed. Repair by Nintendo my only option?

homolumo wrote: »
    Thanks. Did that;battery is actually fine but display is screwed. Repair by Nintendo my only option?

How long did you let it dry?

What may seem screwed today, left to dry out properly can often be good in two days.

But, it's not good that you had it turned on :(

But not devastatingly bad either. Nintendo would be the best repair with warranty, yep. But I don't think that the gamepad is that hard to D.I.Y. If you fancied risking it....

Personally, I'd dry it out for 2+ days, and if still bad, Nintendo it. Depending on cost vs 2nd hand pad.

• Advertisement

Even the boxart for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is cheap and lazy.
    11164375-1004321801628643.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-wii-u/mario-tennis-ultra-smash/11164375.html

And what's worse, they expect people to pay £40 for it.

The boxart has been updated. There was no way that previous boxart could have been allowed be final.

TQYiCVf.jpg
    Still plenty of blue. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Looking forward to this probably more than I should.

I don't care for it at all. It's about time Nintendo held a Direct and announced some new games. There has to new games announced as we know of practically nothing for next year. Bar Zelda and Star Fox Zero. Both of which were meant to come out this year. There's no guarantee that Genei Ibun Roku X Fire Emblem will ever release in the West and would be miles away from a release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

They've probably decided to deal with the low sales this year, given the death and all.

I can't see them having something actually good ready for Christmas that we haven't seen yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Uuuuugh... this is taking FOREVER!

pQq4uJz.png

MrVestek wrote: »

pQq4uJz.png

Where's it coming from, Mongolia? When did you order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

pQq4uJz.png

That's why I'm glad I'm paid the extra premium and got it on release day in Smyths. Got a lovely white mocha that day too, it was a good day.
    Seriously though, the wait is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

pQq4uJz.png

Went it the game collection and had it a few days before release, who are you getting it with so I know to avoid them in the future :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That's why I'm glad I'm paid the extra premium and got it on release day in Smyths. Got a lovely white mocha that day too, it was a good day.
    Seriously though, the wait is worth it.

I'm going to guess Fonthill and also going to guess Costa Coffee?

• Advertisement

Anyone that hasn't got The Swapper yet (Steam or Wii U) - Should get it before it goes back to normal price onThursday. It's currently €4.99 on the e-shop, and is €13.99 on Steam (link above).

Some of the puzzles are tough. Great game, especially for the price.

Advertisement