Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I'm going to guess Fonthill and also going to guess Costa Coffee?

Nope, way off and Gloria Jeans or as I prefer Gloria's Beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Allyall wrote: »
    Anyone that hasn't got The Swapper yet (Steam or Wii U) - Should get it before it goes back to normal price onThursday. It's currently €4.99 on the e-shop, and is €13.99 on Steam (link above).

Some of the puzzles are tough. Great game, especially for the price.

Thanks for the recommendation, just grabbed it. Excellent game!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Anyone that hasn't got The Swapper yet (Steam or Wii U) - Should get it before it goes back to normal price onThursday. It's currently €4.99 on the e-shop, and is €13.99 on Steam (link above).

Some of the puzzles are tough. Great game, especially for the price.

I got it last week, I too recommended it when it went on sale. No idea when I'll ever play it, like so many other indie games. Was going to ask if anybody recommends Lone Survivor? It's divisive in peoples opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sligeach wrote: »
    I got it last week, I too recommended it when it went on sale. No idea when I'll ever play it, like so many other indie games. Was going to ask if anybody recommends Lone Survivor? It's divisive in peoples opinions.

I got the Gunman Clive Collection too, and it's great for swapping into when I need a break from the swapper.. (When I finally admit I 'm not going to solve that puzzle at that sitting :o).

Lone Survivor - I'm buying it tomorrow as it gets good reviews at €12.99.. MC NL
    So at €3.99 it should be well worth it. I have to top up my eshop credit first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Xenji wrote: »
    Went it the game collection and had it a few days before release, who are you getting it with so I know to avoid them in the future :pac:

Amazon. The original estimated delivery date was yesterday.

Ugh... knew I should have used Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Anyone know where I would get a screen replaced on the Wii U tablet either in Waterford or Cork? Any idea on prices?

Irishder wrote: »
    Anyone know where I would get a screen replaced on the Wii U tablet either in Waterford or Cork? Any idea on prices?

Is it the glass on the front or the screen or both?

The Glass Digitizer (Touch screen part) is roughly €5.50

The LCD Screen is roughly €21

add shipping

Or buy from the UK - Wii U Screen replacement You might find it cheaper on eBay.
    Follow the teardown here - https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+Wii+U+Teardown/11796 (More follow on info here)
    Video 1 and Video 2

Or if you don't feel confident or don't have the time, I'm guessing €50 - €60 to have it repaired (unofficially).

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Right think I'm going to make the plunge and treat myself to a Wii u for Christmas. Yay or nay? What are the essential games to get? Mario maker is the game that has clinched it for me, looks great. Also, where's the cheapest place to get a console at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

da gamer wrote: »
    Right think I'm going to make the plunge and treat myself to a Wii u for Christmas. Yay or nay? What are the essential games to get? Mario maker is the game that has clinched it for me, looks great. Also, where's the cheapest place to get a console at the moment?

Check around the various Amazons, as for games I would say :

Bayonetta 1&2
    Mario Kart
    Monster Hunter
    Fatal Frame
    Yoshis Wooly World
    Hyrule Warriors
    Splatoon
    Super Mario 3D World
    The Wonderful 101
    LoZ The Windwalker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'd add Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Smash U, and Captain Toad to that list. And Nintendoland, which is great fun especially considering how cheap you can get it these days.

• Advertisement

I'd add Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Smash U, and Captain Toad to that list. And Nintendoland, which is great fun especially considering how cheap you can get it these days.

Nintendoland is definitely one that seems to have slipped by many. It's a pity it's not online, but it is definitely worth repeating what Machismo Fan said.

Also, Lego City Undercover

and for the price - Mass Effect 3 Argos €4.99

Deus Ex, Zombi U and Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition can be bought relatively cheap too, and they make the best use out of the gamepad along with a couple of others already mentioned.

I want to comment in the Soccer section but can't. What a proud night for Ireland. Can one of the mods sort it out? It seems you need pre approval.

I want to comment in the Soccer section but can't. What a proud night for Ireland. Can one of the mods sort it out? It seems you need pre approval.

You have to request access, there's a forum to do so. I doubt you'd get through tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Might be too late for today, but no harm in gaining access for a later date. Not instant access though unfortunately.

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/451

Sorry for going off topic of Nintendo!

The list of Wii U games is pretty long.......
    • Super Mario 3D World
    • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
    • Rayman Legends
    • Bayonetta 2
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
    • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
    • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
    • Mario Kart 8
    • Shovel Knight
    • Pikmin 3
    • Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
    • Bayonetta
    • Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
    • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    • Darksiders II
    • Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
    • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
    • Trine 2: Directors Cut
    • Child Of Light
    • Toki Tori 2
    • The Wonderful 101
    • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    • Splatoon
    • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    • Hyrule Warriors
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    • Lego City Undercover
    • Nintendo Land
    • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
    • Splinter Cell: Black List
    • Injustice: Gods Among Us
    • Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2
    • Watch Dogs
    • New Super Mario Bros. U
    • Call Of Duty: Ghosts
    • Trine: Enchanted Edition
    • New Super Luigi U
    • Kirby and The Rainbow Paintbrush
    • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    • Resident Evil: Revelations
    • Scribblenauts Unlimited
    • Stealth Inc. 2

There's plenty more besides, I'm sure I've missed a few. There's a load more eShop games worth buying and there's tonnes of Virtual Console games that deserve downloading. A few of the titles listed aren't suitable for children but the majority of them are fine.

There was a few I missed. Batman: Arkham Origins was one, I can't remember the others. Some are more essential than others. And obviously Super Mario Maker. I don't think there's anywhere doing a good cheap deal at the moment. There will be a new Mario Kart 8/Splatoon bundle coming soon for £240. Nintendo need to reduce the price of the Wii U.

Edit: Art Academy: Atelier was another.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And with the addition of a Wii Remote and Nunchuck, you'll have the entire Wii library to chose from as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There was a few I missed. Batman: Arkham Origins was one, I can't remember the others. Some are more essential than others. And obviously Super Mario Maker. I don't think there's anywhere doing a good cheap deal at the moment. There will be a new Mario Kart 8/Splatoon bundle coming soon for £240. Nintendo need to reduce the price of the Wii U.

Edit: Art Academy: Atelier was another.

Scribblenauts Unmasked, probably one of the rarest PAL WiiU games.
    It was only released in PAL in Australia, I had to import a copy for my son last year for Christmas.
    And it's brilliant.
    Of course, if they ever decide to render the console region free you can buy in the far more plentiful NTSC version from the States.

There's a list here in order of Global Sales - http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/47/wii-u/

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Scribblenauts Unmasked, probably one of the rarest PAL WiiU games.
    It was only released in PAL in Australia, I had to import a copy for my son last year for Christmas.
    And it's brilliant.

Does that go for silly money over there CiDeRmAn? Have a brother in law in Oz who I might ask to look out for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For Project Zero, do you have to have played any of the others to follow this? As far as I know it just has a similar concept with the camera but an all new story?

Also since I'm used to watching Japanese movies with subtitles, I may do the same with this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Does that go for silly money over there CiDeRmAn? Have a brother in law in Oz who I might ask to look out for it

I'll tell you, I haven't seen one in the wild at all, and they never come up on ebay, I think I just got very very lucky.
    I would imagine you might name your price for it if you had it.
    I won't be selling the one we have as it's a rare thing, it's awesome for DC fans and, well, it's not mine!
    But, if you have someone there and love the WiiU, it's a must have.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So there's a Wii U emulator thats partially working. Came as a surprise to the devs in the emu world that it came about so quickly.

That'd be interesting, particularly if they figured some sort of touchscreen support.
    It would also suggest that backwards compatibility on whateverthehecktheNXwillbe will be easily achievable, particularly if it is the kind of common architecture that the PS4 and XBOne enjoy.
    This time next year we should be ramping up to the NX's launch, with a bit of luck, in fact most of us will probably have our preorders for it and Zelda in already!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

That'd be interesting, particularly if they figured some sort of touchscreen support.
    It would also suggest that backwards compatibility on whateverthehecktheNXwillbe will be easily achievable, particularly if it is the kind of common architecture that the PS4 and XBOne enjoy.
    This time next year we should be ramping up to the NX's launch, with a bit of luck, in fact most of us will probably have our preorders for it and Zelda in already!

I know I shouldn't but I'll be one of those who will have 'whateverthehecktheNXwillbe' preordered by this time next year along with Zelda NX.

I'll never learn lol

I'll tell you, I haven't seen one in the wild at all, and they never come up on ebay, I think I just got very very lucky.
    I would imagine you might name your price for it if you had it.
    I won't be selling the one we have as it's a rare thing, it's awesome for DC fans and, well, it's not mine!
    But, if you have someone there and love the WiiU, it's a must have.
    It's on JB Hi-Fi for roughly €31.
    I think they charge €10 to ship to Ireland and is relatively fast. I think my last order took < 2 weeks. I've not ordered that though, is it worth getting?

I saw a £2.05 (€2.79) charge on my card from amazon on the 10th.
    When I inquired about it, they told me it was for your shape: fitness evolved and free shipping. :D

I must have put it in my basket over a year ago, and amazon just decided to give it to me. I forgot completely about it. :)

It's on JB Hi-Fi for roughly €31.
    I think they charge €10 to ship to Ireland and is relatively fast. I think my last order took < 2 weeks. I've not ordered that though, is it worth getting?
    )

If you like the Scribblenauts franchise then get the game.
    If you like DC comics it's an amazing catalogue of every hero and variation of same ever put together, with multiple Batman, Flash and Supes characters, from every parallel, movie and alternate world they've inhabited, as well as the different super villains as well.
    I'd say go for it, it's so hard to find you'll get your money back if you don't like it.
    The only thing against it is that the main campaign is relatively short, I think my then 11 year old son finished it in a few days, but it is a very cool game.

Think I'll get it so. Also, only 9 in stock. I think I looked before, after you mentioned it and don't think they had any in stock. So this may be only chance.

Think I'll get it so. Also, only 9 in stock. I think I looked before, after you mentioned it and don't think they had any in stock. So this may be only chance.

Best pull my finger out, won't give it them until Christmas anyway but better get it while it's relatively easy.

• Advertisement

Does it work on euro wii u?

Advertisement