Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Does it work on euro wii u?
    I've bought three games from them so far and all worked, and Ciderman bought that game and it works.

Now that I think of it, delivery was closer to a week. I remember being surprised at how quick the first delivery was (2 games - Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell), and the last one (Tekken) was around the same. That's quicker than many EU stores.

I see Wii U Sports Club is ~ €44 delivered.. Is that a good price?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Allyall wrote: »
    I've bought three games from them so far and all worked, and Ciderman bought that game and it works.

Now that I think of it, delivery was closer to a week. I remember being surprised at how quick the first delivery was (2 games - Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell), and the last one (Tekken) was around the same. That's quicker than many EU stores.

I see Wii U Sports Club is ~ €44 delivered.. Is that a good price?

Got my Wii U Sports Club for 40 euro in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Wii U Sports Club isn't worth €40. It's pretty lazy. It's basically Wii Sports in HD with online. Nintendo didn't even make it, they got Namco to port it. The online servers are supposed to be terrible and empty as well.

Does anybody else think there'll be a Nintendo Direct soon? I reckon there'll be one by the end of the month. There has to be, they've been way too silent for so long. Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water needs some promotion. Though it being a mature title may see it get a separate Direct,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Well twilight princess HD seems more and more likely, so surely thats worth a direct. And Pokemon Z announcement.

It's mad to think that since Zelda Wii U was announced there's been Wind Waker HD, potentially Twilight Princess HD, 2 Hyrule Warriors, Majora's Mask Remake, A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes. All out or will be out miles before Zelda Wii U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

sligeach wrote: »
    It's mad to think that since Zelda Wii U was announced there's been Wind Waker HD, potentially Twilight Princess HD, 2 Hyrule Warriors, Majora's Mask Remake, A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes. All out or will be out miles before Zelda Wii U.

It really is! I've loved them all but I won't be going near Tri Force meself. Just, meh.

On TPHD, is it going to happen? Doubt for Xmas but maybe for a February release if it is true?

Loved TP. I know it's a mixed bag for a lot of people but if it got the same treatment as WWHD, it would be great as now, going back to it, it looks rank, muddy and dark (which was the point I know) but it is one of the Zeldas that could really use the update treatment.

Sure didn't they say they tried to remake a few Zeldas before, mentioning TP as one they started before they started WWHD. So its quite possible it's all true. Used the same engine as WW too, so all the assets an stuff are there for it.

Would be soooo disappointed if it's just a vWii port, which it probably is :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The scope of Zelda Wii U is massive and it's a massive departure from the regular format.
    I think its ambitiousness bit them in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm hoping TP won't be an apology from Nintendo for pushing the New Zelda onto the NX. It still better get a WiiU port!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I'm hoping TP won't be an apology from Nintendo for pushing the New Zelda onto the NX. It still better get a WiiU port!

I'm sure it will still be coming to the WiiU, but as it's swan song. It will defo get an 'NX' release/port for launch, that will sell systems, along with a proper 3d Mario and Metroid Prime game etc.

Pretty sure they will have all the big guns ready for the 'NX' at launch. Can't have another WiiU situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pretty sure they will have all the big guns ready for the 'NX' at launch. Can't have another WiiU situation.

Like how they said they learned from their 3DS launch mistakes before launching Wii U?

If they release Twilight HD then that does imply it'll be late in 2016 before we get Zelda U.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll tell you, I haven't seen one in the wild at all, and they never come up on ebay, I think I just got very very lucky.
    I would imagine you might name your price for it if you had it.
    I won't be selling the one we have as it's a rare thing, it's awesome for DC fans and, well, it's not mine!
    But, if you have someone there and love the WiiU, it's a must have.

I thought I stumbled across it in a Gamestop recently, but it was Scribblenauts Unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Twilight princess HD also in a leak of JP Nintendo e-shop stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Australia is a PAL territory and their games work fine on our consoles here, albeit upside down and reeking of beer and barbeque

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Scribblenauts in any guise is great. You really use your imagination to create the gameplay experience. It becomes a joy when you find the most bizarre and disturbing solution to a relatively simple problem.

Exhibit A:

Problem: Keep the dinosaur occupied.
    Solution: 'Huge Angry Baby'

Que a fight to the death. :D Although maybe that says more about me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I like that Cthulhu beats God, everytime, in Scribblenauts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭briany

So there's a Wii U emulator thats partially working. Came as a surprise to the devs in the emu world that it came about so quickly.

I'm a big fan of emulators. One of the reasons why I like PC as a platform is that it allows you to play the majority of titles from throughout gaming history, sometimes games that would be impossible to find or play in any other way, but I would hope its existence doesn't hurt sales of WiiU hardware or software too much. Then again, a single dev working on a closed source project and likely to face stiff legal resistance from Nintendo means the prospect of an emulator capable of running commercial titles at a playable level is still a little ways off.

So Game and Gamestop are the only places to get Project Zero at the moment?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Game and Gamestop are the only places to get Project Zero at the moment?

I posted the link to here several times:

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water-limited-edition/AF5T28

It was £43 at the time but has since jumped up to £55. I think a few people here including myself have paid for it from there.

Ah yeah, I knew I saw it somewhere else, but just remembered the Polish links.
    Preordered from Game so will collect it there. But must keep an eye on Argos and Smyths on the day in case it pops up at a cheaper price

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - Look Who’s on the Court Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azwPacW9LPY

Meh.

• Advertisement

Sorry guys if a stupid question.

I have a Wii+ remote (yoshi edition) for my Wii U. Do I just need a nunchuk now to play Mario Galaxy 1 and 2?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sorry guys if a stupid question.

I have a Wii+ remote (yoshi edition) for my Wii U. Do I just need a nunchuk now to play Mario Galaxy 1 and 2?

Thanks

Yes a remote/nunchuck combo is all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

And a sensor bar, if you don't already have one!

Star Lord wrote: »

Doesn't the gamepad act as one? 99% sure it does though it would be a more awkward setup.

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - Look Who’s on the Court Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azwPacW9LPY

Meh.

I wouldn't buy it if it was €40, never mind full price.
    I just can't see what this has to offer that the Wii or GC copies of Mario Power Tennis didn't offer, or Mario Tennis on the N64 for that matter.
    This game belongs in a compilation, a lot like the Mario Sports Mix title on the Wii,

As Kyle Bosman called these games announced at E3, paraphrasing they're "Phyllis Diller Filler. They're practical nothingness that exists to fill an incomprehensible void of actual nothingness." The only advantage Mario Tennis: Smash Up has over its predecessors is online and a lick of HD paint. I will not support such laziness. Maybe when it's €15 or €20 I'll buy it.

Star Lord wrote: »

Will my Wii U sensor bar do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Doesn't the gamepad act as one? 99% sure it does though it would be a more awkward setup.
    Yeah it does, but if you're not playing using the gamepad as the screen, it can be an awkward configuration alright, as you'd need to have it between you and the TV, and move relative to it rather than the screen.
    Will my Wii U sensor bar do the job?
    If your Wii U came with one, great, that's perfect!

If you have a Wii you can use its sensor bar also. It's the exact same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem The future is here!

I just checked my emails, looks like us in Europe can now redeem download codes from the interwebs just like Americans could do several months/a year ago.
    Very handy when you get something from cdkeys or what have you.

Advertisement