Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

F**K YEAH. Lots to be excited about! Zelda! Mario Maker DLC Pack 1! Splatoon DLC! Holiday sale!

Edit: Ah boo... I thought that was what they were going to show. FFS... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

5Tj9gDA.gif

Yes its just wishful thinking I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

While we're dreaming, I'd like Splatoon based battle arenas for MK8 please.
    Also, a new single player campaign for Splatoon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I do think if MK8 is to get any more updates, it'll be the Battle Mode. It been a broken mode since the start, it's what everybody has asked for and we have a tonne of tracks already. The thing is, Nintendo will want to charge for it but by right they should be putting something right that was so wrong at release. I'd say that mode was slapped on and rushed to get the game out as the Wii U was haemorrhaging and it had already been delayed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Honestly, I wouldn't really describe Mario Kart 8 as broken in any regard, but the lack of battle mode arenas, even legacy vintage arenas, is an omission, but the game does so much right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Honestly, I wouldn't really describe Mario Kart 8 as broken in any regard, but the lack of battle mode arenas, even legacy vintage arenas, is an omission, but the game does so much right.

Yeah broken is the wrong word to use - it worked, it just wasn't very good.

And it's been 11 months since we last caught a glimpse of Zelda. Surely it's time. I'm predicting we get a subtitle tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They said they wouldn't be discussing mobile or NX. I'd say they'll show Xenoblade since it's out in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Sat here with my popcorn waiting for the Direct to start... how sad am I.

I was happy as a pig in ****e with that direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Great timing with Twilight Princess, I was just about to sink the premium to pick up a Gamecube copy, before it went up any more, but bada-boom, I'll instead get a snazzy HD one with proper controls (I hope) come March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Finally made the jump and put by a Wii u for Christmas. Now I'm a total n00b when it comes to the Wii u, so what accessories do I need. I presume the console just comes with the touch pad controller. So do I need to buy a second pad for games like Mario kart etc or will my old Wii and nunchuck controller do? Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

da gamer wrote: »
    Finally made the jump and put by a Wii u for Christmas. Now I'm a total n00b when it comes to the Wii u, so what accessories do I need. I presume the console just comes with the touch pad controller. So do I need to buy a second pad for games like Mario kart etc or will my old Wii and nunchuck controller do? Thanks lads.

You need to know:

1. You can use the nunchuck & remote to play Mario Kart, although I never used anything apart from the gamepad.

2. Mario Kart 8 is the best thing ever.

da gamer wrote: »

You could and probably should buy a Wii U Pro controller. They come in handy and have excellent battery life. Finding one can be difficult though and expensive. The Wii remote and nunchuk can be used with a good lot of games as well. You'll need to check individual games for compatibility. I haven't used that combination much, only for shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

sligeach wrote: »
    You could and probably should buy a Wii U Pro controller. They come in handy and have excellent battery life. Finding one can be difficult though and expensive. The Wii remote and nunchuk can be used with a good lot of games as well. You'll need to check individual games for compatibility. I haven't used that combination much, only for shooters.

47 quid with littlewoods

Is Twilight Princess HD/fire emblem Fates SE/Bravely Second SE up for pre order anywhere yet? Can't see it on gamestop.

I don't know nor haven't looked for the 3DS games but I haven't found Twilight Princess HD anywhere. It's 4 months still until release. I would hope it'll be €50 but Nintendo won't do that I'm sure.

Including the amiibo, probably be the same as Mario Maker, 68/70 quid odd.

Yes but this isn't a new game. It's a remaster. I was saying yesterday that a lot of companies are charging ~€20 for similar HD experiences. Nintendo are gonna Nintendo though.

Which ones? :p I have the PS4 and unless I waited and got them on a sale, like dishonoured, tombraider, dark souls etc, all the remasters have been launching at around 40 - 50 euro, the uncharted collection retailed at 70.

I don't own any of the other consoles so I can't be specific really. I've heard RE4 is €20. God of War I've heard mentioned and the forthcoming Final Fantssy VII remake will be about €16. The Uncharted Collection was €50 at retail(I should say online because Irish retailers are a rip-off) with 3 games and UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer Beta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Id go by, how much windwaker HD was and add 20 quid for the amiibo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is Twilight Princess HD/fire emblem Fates SE/Bravely Second SE up for pre order anywhere yet? Can't see it on gamestop.

Amazon have Fire Emblem, not sure why you would go with Gamestop and get yourself ripped off though, also Bravely Second and Fire Emblem will probably not come out over here till the summer or later.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My Wii U has powered itself up twice this week...

sligeach wrote: »
    I don't own any of the other consoles so I can't be specific really. I've heard RE4 is €20. God of War I've heard mentioned and the forthcoming Final Fantssy VII remake will be about €16. The Uncharted Collection was €50 at retail(I should say online because Irish retailers are a rip-off) with 3 games and UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer Beta.

You mean the port of the steam port of final fantasy 7? Resident evil 4 was digital only. God of war remastered retailed at €40.

Xenji wrote: »
    Amazon have Fire Emblem, not sure why you would go with Gamestop and get yourself ripped off though, also Bravely Second and Fire Emblem will probably not come out over here till the summer or later.

Well they've been dated for Q1 2016 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Apparently Xenoblade Chronicles X's world is bigger than those of Skyrim, The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 COMBINED with no loading screens. Nintendo should really throw their weight behind it and try to market it as their equivalent of those games.

Apparently Xenoblade Chronicles X's world is bigger than those of Skyrim, The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 COMBINED with no loading screens. Nintendo should really throw their weight behind it and try to market it as their equivalent of those games.

Well, Desert Bus has more track than all the Forza's, Gran Turismo's and Drive Club's combined, but I know which ones I'd prefer to play!
    What I mean is, its about content rather than extent.
    If Xenoblade is comparable in any regard to, say, Skyrim, and has the gameplay to back it up then you're dead right, Ninty need to get their shoulder to the wheel and push this game as a massive possible success for them, on a par with MK8 perhaps.

Where's the cheapest for a Wii U right now? Don't care which model.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Where's the cheapest for a Wii U right now? Don't care which model.

Maybe this one - €252.32 Delivered

Add roughly €17 for delivery and VAT to all the versions on that page

€287 to collect in Smyths

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Maybe this one - €252.32 Delivered

Add roughly €17 for delivery and VAT to all the versions on that page

€287 to collect in Smyths

250 quid? Sure its cheaper in symths, I was hoping for even cheaper :p

Advertisement