Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, haven't played Darksiders yet but I find Okami to be the best non-Zelda Zelda that I've played

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rather unsurprisingly Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash both failed to make the Top 40 in the UK charts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Rather unsurprisingly Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash both failed to make the Top 40 in the UK charts.

Describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind about... Amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash....
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Great deal on 3DSXL here for another 6 hours

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017XY31Y2?ref_=gbps_img_m-3_3827_9a6faed2&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Is the 3DSXL much better than the standard 3DS?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cormac... wrote: »
    Great deal on 3DSXL here for another 6 hours

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017XY31Y2?ref_=gbps_img_m-3_3827_9a6faed2&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Is the 3DSXL much better than the standard 3DS?

In a word, yes.
    In two words, yes t'is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

My charger cable has finally died after the kids dropped the controller one time too many with it plugged in; anyone know if I can get one in a bricks'n'mortar or will I need to go online?

smokingman wrote: »
    My charger cable has finally died after the kids dropped the controller one time too many with it plugged in; anyone know if I can get one in a bricks'n'mortar or will I need to go online?

You'll have to buy one online and most likely third party unless you want to pay a lot. I've been over this topic before. The charging cable is awful. Way too skinny and they should have used something like a micro cable instead of going proprietary. Look at the cable for the Wii U Pro controller, it's beastly compared to the noodle gamepad lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

smokingman wrote: »

Have you checked the fuse?
    I thought my charger had died, but it was the fuse. The fuse in it is only 3A to protect the Gamepad. You can test with a stronger one to check that it's still working, but it's advisable to replace it with another 3A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Really hope I get a decent price for a console on black friday. I'm bored without my splatoon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nintendo have started selling gamepads on their own in Japan
    Starting November 24, Nintendo will sell Wii U GamePads as stand-alones. Only one GamePad can be used per console, so that hasn’t changed, but if you need a spare, you can get one for 12,800 yen (US$104). No word yet about similar offers outside Japan.

Could be handy to have for the NX while keeping it separate from your Wii U.

I presume it will work with the NX..

Allyall wrote: »
    Nintendo have started selling gamepads on their own in Japan

Could be handy to have for the NX while keeping it separate from your Wii U.

I presume it will work with the NX..

The year of the NX is mere weeks away!
    This time next year we'll own one, not one for everyone, one each, of course.
    Otherwise we would have to work out a schedule, so gets the NX on a Tuesday morning, I have it on a Thursday, then I've to send it to Banjo, he has to get it to Star lord, it's just kinda awkward..... And then there's those who use up all the charge in the controller and don't charge it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I did that one time.... okay 3 times and you never forgot it. Maybe it was 7 times. Okay I know it was less than 20.

Can imagine from January 1st on everyone annoying Nintendo even more "But you said you would tell us more in 2016!"

On another note, there's speculation that we could get the next Zelda U trailer or gameplay next Thursday at the Videogame Awards, since it was at last year's we got the gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Allyall wrote: »
    Have you checked the fuse?
    I thought my charger had died, but it was the fuse. The fuse in it is only 3A to protect the Gamepad. You can test with a stronger one to check that it's still working, but it's advisable to replace it with another 3A.

Cheers dude, I'll try that tomorrow so and let you know

You're quoting yourself, from elsewhere in this forum?

And, why wouldn't America get better discounts in this sale, it's an American holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

How do people view Black Friday? Would you cash in on the deals even though you might not play the games for weeks?

BF really leans against my rule of not buying a game unless I'm going to play it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Dude, it seems like Nintendo piss you off ALL the time. Chill out, will you?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Dude, it seems like Nintendo piss you off ALL the time. Chill out, will you?

We've had 4 top quality games this year on Wii U. Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon, Super Mario Maker and the forthcoming Xenoblade Chronicles X. There's been crap too, Mario Party 10. Does anybody even remember Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars? Their Christmas schedule is an embarrassment, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. Their massive focus on SCamiibo, I want video games not toys. The delay of Zelda U. The delay of Star Fox Zero which looked terrible. Their 2016 release schedule is a barren wasteland. Their account system, online, voice chat, reluctance to change, their awful E3 and on and on it goes.

Nintendo are dwindling into irrelevance. I'm the last of my friends who still buy Nintendo. Most left after the Gamecube. A few bought the Wii but it was more a fad than a mainstay for them. The Wii was dead long before the Wii U arrived and we got a mediocre launch at best. Speaking of mediocre, so is the hardware. It's a decade since Nintendo have competed there. The Wii U has been terrible overall in nearly every regard. Sure there's been some good games but how many OOT, Super Mario Galaxy level games has it had? No original Zelda yet, no Metroid, no real Mario, no F-Zero, etc. The Wii U is dead now. It has the worst sales of Nintendo home consoles by a country mile. Nintendo keep saying they've learned from their mistakes but all I see is history repeating itself. I could go on(I never even mentioned 3rd parties) and in more depth but what's the point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Thought there was a bargain to be had for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

We've had 4 top quality games this year on Wii U. Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon, Super Mario Maker and the forthcoming Xenoblade Chronicles X. There's been crap too, Mario Party 10. Does anybody even remember Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars? Their Christmas schedule is an embarrassment, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. Their massive focus on SCamiibo, I want video games not toys. The delay of Zelda U. The delay of Star Fox Zero which looked terrible. Their 2016 release schedule is a barren wasteland. Their account system, online, voice chat, reluctance to change, their awful E3 and on and on it goes.

Nintendo are dwindling into irrelevance. I'm the last of my friends who still buy Nintendo. Most left after the Gamecube. A few bought the Wii but it was more a fad than a mainstay for them. The Wii was dead long before the Wii U arrived and we got a mediocre launch at best. Speaking of mediocre, so is the hardware. It's a decade since Nintendo have competed there. The Wii U has been terrible overall in nearly every regard. Sure there's been some good games but how many OOT, Super Mario Galaxy level games has it had? No original Zelda yet, no Metroid, no real Mario, no F-Zero, etc. The Wii U is dead now. It has the worst sales of Nintendo home consoles by a country mile. Nintendo keep saying they've learned from their mistakes but all I see is history repeating itself. I could go on(I never even mentioned 3rd parties) and in more depth but what's the point?

Wrong topic, but I agree with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Not saying I don't agree to a certain extent, but honestly is it worth getting so het up over it? Sometimes you gotta take a step back. Keep calm and play splatoon :)

Not saying I don't agree to a certain extent, but honestly is it worth getting so het up over it? Sometimes you gotta take a step back. Keep calm and play splatoon :)

I haven't played Splatoon since the end of August. I used to play with a group from another forum but then they started using Skype which I didn't have at the time, so I couldn't join. I have Skype now but they don't play anymore really. Well not enough to make teams. When the new level goes up I might play for a while again to see what it's like, but the new weapons do nothing for me.

The Wonderful 101, €30 is the "sale" price for a day in Europe. In America, $30 is the regular price. The Dollar is nearly even with the Euro. The sale price in America for W101 is $19.49. I posted a link to The Wonderful 101 here at the start of this month for the game delivered costing €22.50.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97576776&postcount=3671

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Must be what....4th...5th...6th time you've posted pretty much the same thing over and over?

You say 'I could go on...', but the thing is......you actually do. Pretty often.

Corholio wrote: »
    Must be what....4th...5th...6th time you've posted pretty much the same thing over and over?

You say 'I could go on...', but the thing is......you actually do. Pretty often.

It's not the 6th time. What have you contributed to the discussion only to say I've said it before? It's not the same points each time. And "I could go on" and maybe for the 7th time I'll expand on the third party situation. They deserve every bit of criticism and more. :D

Does anybody think Nintendo will feature at all on The Late Late Toy Show tonight? If I remember right, last year the Wii U got a brief 15 second mention. They showed Skylanders, awful, and what's worse is it was the Wii version. The PS4 got a couple of minutes by comparison.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Does anybody think Nintendo will feature at all on The Late Late Toy Show tonight? If I remember right, last year the Wii U got a brief 15 second mention. They showed Skylanders, awful, and what's worse is it was the Wii version. The PS4 got a couple of minutes by comparison.

Does it matter if they don't? Consoles were always an afterthought on the toy show imo, more aimed at younger kids.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Does it matter if they don't? Consoles were always an afterthought on the toy show imo, more aimed at younger kids.

Sometimes video games do get a lot of coverage on the show. It varies from year to year. There's just so mch to cram in. Most things get maybe 3 minutes at most. Video games have never been bigger. This show has a massive influence on Santa's Christmas list.

Advertisement