Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

sligeach wrote: »
    It's not the 6th time. What have you contributed to the discussion only to say I've said it before? It's not the same points each time. And "I could go on" and maybe for the 7th time I'll expand on the third party situation. They deserve every bit of criticism and more. :D

What do you contribute to almost every Nintendo thread only to be negative? Even on games you hadn't even played yet or buy to keep sealed. Yes it is the same points each time, some of the points you'd probably find most would agree with since they are quite obvious, lack of titles, lack of third party support etc etc. Of course they deserve criticism but you seem to make it a point to do it and repeat things (and yes you do) at every turn.

Starfox Zero thread, which you bizarrely started, just full of negativity. Twilight Princess thread, someone mentioned Skyward Sword and off you went again. Dipping in and out of the amiibo thread just so you can put the letters 'SC' before it, clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »
    What do you contribute to almost every Nintendo thread only to be negative? Even on games you hadn't even played yet or buy to keep sealed. Yes it is the same points each time, some of the points you'd probably find most would agree with since they are quite obvious, lack of titles, lack of third party support etc etc. Of course they deserve criticism but you seem to make it a point to do it and repeat things (and yes you do) at every turn.

Starfox Zero thread, which you bizarrely started, just full of negativity. Twilight Princess thread, someone mentioned Skyward Sword and off you went again. Dipping in and out of the amiibo thread just so you can put the letters 'SC' before it, clever.

Another pop from you. They're my opinions, I'm entitled to them. I'm not attacking anybody. Star Fox Zero as an example has had loads of bad publicity from countless sites, I say it though but that's not allowed?

My favourite game this year is probably Yoshi's Woolly World, wouldn't say a bad word about it. Xenoblade Chronicles X, I can't wait for it, it's been my most anticipated game since it was announced and should succeed YWW for top spot. We take the rough with the smooth, unfortunately the rough has heavily outweighed the smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Does anybody think Nintendo will feature at all on The Late Late Toy Show tonight?

I'm pretty sure they just had a Wii clone on, if that counts...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Lads, stop the sniping at each other please.

Sligeach you're a good contributer to the forum, but the seemingly relentless negativity and ranting does wear people's patience down. Please try to be a little more positive, or to at least keep the rants fewer, or less repetitive.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they just had a Wii clone on, if that counts...

The PS4 and XBOX1 both featured, were named and had games shown. That bowling game was a complete rip-off of Wii Sports down to the lookalike Wii remote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

The PS4 and XBOX1 both featured, were named and had games shown. That bowling game was a complete rip-off of Wii Sports down to the lookalike Wii remote.

One of those awful machines available "cheap" from lidl or aldi, though a second hand Wii would likely be same price or less and INFINITELY better! The bowling game looked terrible from the few seconds we saw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fifa 16, Rock Band (couldn't get it working), Lego Dimensions (a few seconds of footage) and Lidl bowling. So same as every year then - a token mention. If Santa brings a new console it certainly won't be because of that showing, it was already on the list long before now.

What was more disappointing was the lack of any decent sales in the Nintendo section on Argos. PS4 and XB1 discounts were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Holy crap. 3 forced adverts to see a 3 minute clip :mad:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/the-late-late-show-extras-30003017/10498487/

Terrible segment with or without the Wii U. They should drop it altogether next year.

Fifa every bloody year. They make consoles look boring. (I like PES and FIFA).
    Probably spent 10 minutes on a doll that wets itself.

I was timing the segments. They all got around 3 or 4 minutes each. Some bits were a lot shorter. Nobody knows about the Wii U and nothing's changed after tonight. I hate the things but showing some amiibo working with Smash or MK8 would have helped. You don't get any publicity if you're not even there. It was a terrible segment on video games this year, it's not always bad. More often than not there's usually some technical error and Guitar Hero filled that slot this time round.

Corholio wrote: »
    I know someone in here was looking to get Rodea The Sky Soldier, can't remember who it was. Nintendo put up details about a Special Edition earlier.

CMxj0IJWwAA0HwU.jpg:large

Looks like the Wii U Special Edition pre order is already sold out, 3DS still available though.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/rodea-the-sky-soldier.list?utm_medium=Nintendo+UK&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=rodea

Is this worth it?

The normal version is £40 (~€56) delivered.
    The Limited edition above is £51 (~€72) delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Allyall wrote: »
    Is this worth it?

The normal version is £40 (~€56) delivered.
    The Limited edition above is £51 (~€72) delivered.

Edge just gave it 2/10 :(
    They suggest that the Wii first build was far better, using the Wiimote to good effect whilst the move to the Touchpad a disaster, auto targeting awful and visuals dulled down and frame rate halved to 30fps.

And they maintain this is the fault of Kadokawa Games who converted over the Prope original.

What a pity.

Sounds pretty poor.
    I was wondering why the limited edition is for sale cheaper than it was on their site.
    Hopefully a few scalpers will be stung for a fair bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I'd say the Wii version will be "obtained" by other means and played that way instead, if the limited edition is hard to find and expensive at that, given the Wii game is the better.
    To be honest its shocking in the extreme.
    If it happened on any other console there might be an uproar that a game was delayed for four years only to have a substandard port released.
    Seems like they just wanted it finished and didn't think the limited audience mattered enough to do a decent job of it, similar to Watchdogs then.

Iwata tribute teased for The Game Awards, Nintendo will apparently have stuff to show

The Game Awards producer Geoff Keighley just wrapped up a Q&A about the event on Periscope a short while ago. There wasn’t a whole lot of Nintendo-specific information shared, but Keighley did seem to tease something special.

Although he didn’t say it explicitly, Keighley strongly hinted that The Game Awards will honor late Nintendo president Satoru Iwata in some way. He indicated that he didn’t want to talk too much about it so that the moment wouldn’t be ruined, and everyone can appreciate it together. It does sound like a tribute is planned.

Also, I didn’t catch this myself, but Keighley apparently said that Nintendo will have some new stuff to show at The Game Awards. More footage of Zelda Wii U would certainly be nice!

http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata-tribute-teased-for-the-game-awards-nintendo-will-apparently-have-stuff-to-show/

It would be a great event to show more Zelda footage. A massive audience plus people that wouldn't ordinarily see Nintendo anything. That last bit in the Nintendo Direct was a non-runner for me, nothing new, same field.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Be nice to see some Zelda, I can't think of what else they'd show.

Possibly more Starfox, confirm Minecraft maybe?

Of all the games we know are yet to come, Zelda is the only one that would make some ripples. Star Fox Zero may also be shown but no way will it create excitement in that audience. Barring a major bomb dropped like a new Metroid or a Mario, it has to be Zelda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata-tribute-teased-for-the-game-awards-nintendo-will-apparently-have-stuff-to-show/

It would be a great event to show more Zelda footage. A massive audience plus people that wouldn't ordinarily see Nintendo anything. That last bit in the Nintendo Direct was a non-runner for me, nothing new, same field.

im glad people are still paying tribute to Iwata, the man was a legend, it would be cool if they dedicate zelda u to him too!

im glad people are still paying tribute to Iwata, the man was a legend, it would be cool if they dedicate zelda u to him too!

He now lives in a tiny village, way way up in a mountain range deep in the realms of the Zelda Universe. You can visit him in TLOZ (2016), if you can find him.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Anyone hear any news on a release date for fast racing neo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just "December".

Mr E wrote: »
    Just "December".

Yeah I thought it was soon.

Pity there's no exact date as a "December" date could easily be pushed out for one reason or another which is a shame as it looks like a day one purchase for me.

Fzero meets wipeout. Tasty.

Yeah I thought it was soon.

Pity there's no exact date as a "December" date could easily be pushed out for one reason or another which is a shame as it looks like a day one purchase for me.

Fzero meets wipeout. Tasty.

There's been too many Wipeout/F-Zero wannbes over the years for me to get excited.
    From Quantum Redshift to G Surfers, so much awfulness.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    There's been too many Wipeout/F-Zero wannbes over the years for me to get excited.
    From Quantum Redshift to G Surfers, so much awfulness.

In fairness this one looks quite decent.

Not something I'll be preordering but I'm interested to see how it turns out.

I'd LOVE a new fzero though. Doesn't look likely on current gen though. :-(

I'd love a new Powerdrome :(
    Loved it on the PS2, it was certainly better than Wipeout Fusion.

I'd love a new Powerdrome :(
    Loved it on the PS2, it was certainly better than Wipeout Fusion.

Don't think I played that if in honest. Must look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Edge just gave it 2/10 :(
    They suggest that the Wii first build was far better, using the Wiimote to good effect whilst the move to the Touchpad a disaster, auto targeting awful and visuals dulled down and frame rate halved to 30fps.

And they maintain this is the fault of Kadokawa Games who converted over the Prope original.

What a pity.

I read an article saying that the game director said the only legit way to play it was on the (unreleased outside of special editions) Wii version

Ah here it is: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-10-yuji-naka-recommends-playing-rodea-the-sky-soldiers-wii-version

Also, hello Wii U gen discussion topic. I'm gonna be picking up a Wii U this week, Smyths smash bros bundle seems like the best one going. Dunno if anyone has any additional thoughts or tips?

Anyone hear any news on a release date for fast racing neo?

• Advertisement

Lost Reavers Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJBSDBMVIM

This game has just dropped on the Japanese eShop. It's a free to start game. Very little has been before now. I doubt it's very good. It's...can't...be...bothered.

Advertisement