Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Does anyone have any WiiU trivia games, a la Buzz on the PS3? All I could see from a quick google was "You don't know jack" and some "fibbers" game on the Wii.

I was thinking more family friendly? Just all round trivia. The questions I saw on you don't know jack mentioned jersey bloody shore and other "current" topics.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wii Party U would be as close as you'd get I imagine. It's quite good though :D

I think I have that......:D It's more mini games orientated though isn't it? I wanted something general knowledge based...... back to buzz it is so!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Unless you're also interested in Wii games too, there's a few around.

If they are on the e-shop they might do!

• Advertisement

If they are on the e-shop they might do!

Ah, ok :( I dont think there's any specifically on eshop. Disc buys there's Smarty Pants (its enjoyable), Scene It and You Don't Know Jack.

Haven't played the latter 2

Oh and Trivia Pursuit. I've played the 360 version. It's not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ah, ok :( I dont think there's any specifically on eshop. Disc buys there's Smarty Pants (its enjoyable), Scene It and You Don't Know Jack.

Haven't played the latter 2

Oh and Trivia Pursuit. I've played the 360 version. It's not bad

I was just going to suggest Trivial Pursuit. There's a load of Wii games to buy. Big Brain Academy is good fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just over a week! Nice!!!

And it'll cost €15. Ah nevermind, the price is in the Tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fingers crossed it's worth the asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The limited edition is still available available to preorder from Amazon.fr for €59.99, that's where I've ordered mine. I'm pretty sure they just make the same version for the European release, so no worries with language, or am I mistaken on this?

They took payment for that tonight :)

EDIT

Amazon also gave me a €10 voucher :)

Reggie has been confirmed to make an appearance at The Game Awards show. So we might get new footage of Zelda tonight, fingers crossed. Anything else just won't cut it. The show starts at 2am tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Much as I want to see zelda, I ain't staying up that late. Hope the Iwata tribute is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Am I to guess that by 8 of us liking the fast racing neo post that it'll be 8 day one purchases?

I know I will be buying day one.
    Obviously no reviews yet so I'm basing this just on gameplay videos (the latest one looking incredible) it looks worth asking price of €15. Hopefully it plays as well as it looks though.

I love digital downloads though as well that aren't gonna take up my whole hard drive that I can flick between whatever's in the console.

For example when Mario Maker gets frustrating turn it off have a few games of fast racing neo and maybe a whiskey. Lol

I'm waiting for reviews and more in depth analysis before deciding. I think this game will be light on tracks and if it is then I'll possibly wait for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Another odd/interesting patent has popped up from Nintendo. It's a bit hard to make out fully from the wording etc but it seems to relate to devices that can help a console in processing requirements even further than the console itself.

"a supplemental computing device configured to detachably couple to the game console via the physical communication interface, the supplemental computing device comprising: one or more processors configured to provide, over the physical communication interface, processing resources to the game console to assist the game console in locally executing the game"

It also seems to state that these devices could in some way be used to help/support Nintendo's own network in some way, and that consumers would be compensated for sharing their device on said network. It's all a bit garbled and nothing may ever come of it, but interesting nonetheless.

"In some instances, a user may be compensated based on an amount (e.g., time, raw resources, etc.) that the user shares his or her supplemental computing device or indicates that he or she is willing to share the supplemental computing device. This compensation may comprise any form of value, include access (e.g., time) to other supplemental computing devices maintained by other users, discounts on games, access to certain game content, points for redemption for digital or physical goods, information for display (e.g., as a badge) on a social network, or the like"

nintendo-nx-patent-452x640.png?a9ac83

sligeach wrote: »
    I'm waiting for reviews and more in depth analysis before deciding. I think this game will be light on tracks and if it is then I'll possibly wait for a sale.

im not saying you're going to be wrong but what makes you say that about the tracks?
    Your other point on waiting for a review is a sensible one but to be fair unless it gets 6 or less I wouldn't be put off especially at €15.

Fast and tight controls is the key here.

im not saying you're going to be wrong but what makes you say that about the tracks?
    Your other point on waiting for a review is a sensible one but to be fair unless it gets 6 or less I wouldn't be put off especially at €15.

Fast and tight controls is the key here.
    Discover 16 exciting tracks

Race your way through giant mech spiders, asteroids impacts, rock slides, deep sea tunnels and much much more.

http://fast.shinen.com/neo/

sligeach wrote: »

How many do ya want?!

Jeez I remember the days of sega rally on the Saturn.

Definitely not 16 courses there but one of the finest racing games ever.

Quality over quantity is what I say.

I'd be happy with 5 or so to be honest at that price point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

How many do ya want?!

Jeez I remember the days of sega rally on the Saturn.

Definitely not 16 courses there but one of the finest racing games ever.

Quality over quantity is what I say.

I'd be happy with 5 or so to be honest at that price point.

I'll be buying it anyway on day one - would be nice if it's good but I just need a new thing at this stage...

smokingman wrote: »
    I'll be buying it anyway on day one - would be nice if it's good but I just need a new thing at this stage...

Between the last steam sale and the ps+ sale I've enough new (old) games to keep me going for some time.

That said I still want this though.

I'm attempting to play through dark souls at the minute so this looks like the light relief I could probably do with in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nintendo win best multiplayer game (Splatoon) and a new Shaq Fu game announced.......

tumblr_n13kti1Dws1shtg7lo1_r2_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Corholio wrote: »
    Another odd/interesting patent has popped up from Nintendo.

The cloud-based gaming idea isn't new, but is there a suggestion there of some kind of private peer-to-peer cloud for online gaming where the a number of connected users' consoles are working together to produce a result that is somehow more than just the same software running on X separate instances? I know very little about these kinds of things, but could anything in the architechture make it more efficient to silo your workload by node for more efficient calculations and share the results with group rather than having each console doing everything for one user? I've not paid attention to Cloud gaming, I would have thought latency would be a massive issue but I'm apparently wrong on that.

What benefit could Nintendo get from this SETI-at-home-esque "sharing" of your co-processing unit? Just a bit of data gathering and crunching? Is their profitability plan based on selling consoles at a loss but using them as a vast, distributed bitcoin mining operation to recoup those losses? Do they have a digital imprint of Iwata's brain that's going to be hosted on the NX network so we all have a little bit of him in our house?

Re: NEO - 16 tracks is plenty (sure Mariokart only manages more now because it has so many previous iterations to lean on!), but that's assuming it's 16 distinct tracks rather than say 16 routes through 4 distinct environments a la Excite Truck. But the words eShop, Shin'en and Sale have been seen together on street corners many times over the years... torn....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Few minutes of gameplay from Fast Racing Neo. Inane commentary included.

Edit: here's hero mode. VERY quick.

Few minutes of gameplay from Fast Racing Neo. Inane commentary

It looks to me that it plays more like wipeout than fzero just the way the back of the car/spaceship pushes out at the back when turning.

I only watched a minute of it ( will watch rest later ) but the sense of speed looks great.

It looks to me that it plays more like wipeout than fzero just the way the back of the car/spaceship pushes out at the back when turning.

I only watched a minute of it ( will watch rest later ) but the sense of speed looks great.

That's what worries me, was never a fan of Wipeout but loved FZero. Will check out some reviews before investing. The speed looks fantastic alright, all about the handling though.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That's what worries me, was never a fan of Wipeout but loved FZero. Will check out some reviews before investing. The speed looks fantastic alright, all about the handling though.

Yeah I was more of an fzero guy as well but I did like wipeout. The newest wipeout on vita for example I seriously good.

Imagine the graphics of a wipeout on ps4!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I like Wipeout better than FZero.
    I'll just throw that out there....

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I like Wipeout better than FZero.
    I'll just throw that out there....

That's ok, nobody's perfect. :P

Advertisement