Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I bet it is

:(
    The 'big' part must've been the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

It is a big announcement in fairness, but it is way too late. There are lots of people who would have bought a wii u for the kids if Minecraft had been an option, but opted instead for a pre-owned 360 or PS 3. Two years ago, last Christmas even, this might have made a difference for the Wii U but now it won't. Good to see another third party join Nintendo though! The future is exciting! And I'm definitely buying this, overpriced or not! Nintendo skins in Minecraft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Yep, afraid I'll be getting this as well. Its on every other console/PC in the house so might as well be on the Wii U. Shame I can't preload it onto the hard drive I have ready for Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Yep, afraid I'll be getting this as well. Its on every other console/PC in the house so might as well be on the Wii U. Shame I can't preload it onto the hard drive I have ready for Christmas day.

It's not a big game to download should only take a few minutes. I wonder will it be akin to the ps4 version or the PS3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wonder will we see a Steve Amiibo when it gets released in shops ?

Adding Amiibo to Minecraft I could see it doing very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Wonder will we see a Steve Amiibo when it gets released in shops ?

Adding Amiibo to Minecraft I could see it doing very well.

Waits for sligeach to explode...3...2...

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Waits for sligeach to explode...3...2...

I heard a faint *kaboom* in the distance just before Mr.E posted at 13:23PM today.
    It must've been around the time it was announced.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

gas_pipeline_explosion_distant.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Has anyone picked up Xenoblade?

What's your verdict?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Has anyone picked up Xenoblade?

What's your verdict?

It's fantastic. Up there with contenders for GOTY, personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's fantastic. Up there with contenders for GOTY, personally.

Better than Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival? Surely not. ;)

Those of you who ordered it from Amazon France, has your copy arrived yet? Mine hasn't. Tomorrow to Friday is more realistic really. Teslagrad hasn't arrived either. That was ordered over a week ago and is coming from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd say it's down to the month that's in it, Sligeach. Amazon are slammed in December.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mr E wrote: »
    I'd say it's down to the month that's in it, Sligeach. Amazon are slammed in December.

And they're now sometimes using UPS's i-parcel, the single-handedly worst conception of a courier company known to mankind.

sligeach wrote: »
    Better than Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival? Surely not. ;)

Those of you who ordered it from Amazon France, has your copy arrived yet? Mine hasn't. Tomorrow to Friday is more realistic really. Teslagrad hasn't arrived either. That was ordered over a week ago and is coming from the UK.

Not mine. I thought it was because I had forgotten to add my New card to Amazon, so it was delayed by a day.
    On a separate note (and because I use it a lot for Wii U stuff) Amazon Prime France is €29 for the year until tomorrow. I'm thinking of going for it. I know it won't make a difference with shipping times, but I think it might work out cheaper for buying games\hardware\accessories etc. Not sure yet.

Are Gameseek another one of the Channel Islands stores? Or are they on mainland UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Can someone tell me, is Mario 3d world on wii u the same as the 3ds Mario game or totally different?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

da gamer wrote: »
    Can someone tell me, is Mario 3d world on wii u the same as the 3ds Mario game or totally different?

Same general style but totally different game with 3D World improving on and building on 3D Land in pretty much every way possible. 3D World is actually my favourite ever Mario game.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Same general style but totally different game with 3D World improving on and building on 3D Land in pretty much every way possible. 3D World is actually my favourite ever Mario game.

Are all the levels etc different? Is it worth picking up if I have played the 3ds version?

Are all the levels etc different? Is it worth picking up if I have played the 3ds version?

Yes, definitely pick it up. It's longer, has better music, better level design and more characters. Plus the local multiplayer is fantastic.

The game is alright. Definitely not a patch on Galaxy, Galaxy 2 or Super Mario 64. I think it's highly overrated and limited in some respects. I'm still waiting for a real Mario game which we won't now get on Wii U. I don't really think of it a 3D Mario. *awaiting the hate*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I loved it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's brilliant. Easily as imaginative, surprising and delighting as Galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The game is alright. Definitely not a patch on Galaxy, Galaxy 2 or Super Mario 64. I think it's highly overrated and limited in some respects. I'm still waiting for a real Mario game which we won't now get on Wii U. I don't really think of it a 3D Mario. *awaiting the hate*

You were never going to like it anyway since you were already saying it wasn't a good game before you had even played it, and you couldn't possibly be surprised by something.....no certainly not, can't be having that.

Funny how you didn't roll out the Metacritic score for this one..........93.

@da gamer It's certainly worth picking up, even if you've played the 3DS version. A truly wonderful game.

Jaysis it's never-ending with you :pac:

Personally loved SM3DW and I rate it up there with the top Mario games (though Sunshine is still my all-time favourite).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What is the best place for buying one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Yep also love 3D world!

I've never seen a game more consistently inventive than 3D World. They never dwell on a single idea or hook. It constantly introduces new things over and over. A glorious game. I still have to beat Champions Road though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Good reviews coming in for Fast Racing Neo

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/fast-racing-neo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

3D World is fantastic and still the best game I've played on the WiiU

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Good reviews coming in for Fast Racing Neo

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/fast-racing-neo

I tried to post this this afternoon but couldn't. Very often I have to refresh and refresh to load this site. Sometimes get popups I think saying something about scripts taking ages to load and just leave it.

I'm very impressed by its visuals and by its size. It's only something like 800MB.

• Advertisement

Advertisement