Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

sligeach wrote: »
    The game is alright. Definitely not a patch on Galaxy, Galaxy 2 or Super Mario 64. I think it's highly overrated and limited in some respects. I'm still waiting for a real Mario game which we won't now get on Wii U. I don't really think of it a 3D Mario. *awaiting the hate*

I'm with you on this one. I want to love it, but it ain't no Galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm wondering what will happen my Xenoblade if it's delivered by UPS. Nearest depot to Letterkenny is Dublin, according to their map. All the other courier services have local offices. I'm sure it'll be delayed even more by updating to the "Rural area" status

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah Jesus....

https://twitter.com/Bopogamel/status/673970752069201924

Why the hell are they charging 30 quid if it's just vanilla minecraft with no gamepad functionality? </sligeach>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah Jesus....

Why the hell are they charging 30 quid if it's just vanilla minecraft with no gamepad functionality? </sligeach>

I'm going to guess because they can, and know people will buy it, foolish people, like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Ah Jesus....

That's a big letdown for the game alright the only thing that could of made it unique.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They are suggesting that the off screen play is the bug advantage of the title on WiiU.
    Not sure that'd be a seller for me.
    And I'd prefer a physical copy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They are suggesting that the off screen play is the bug advantage of the title on WiiU.
    Not sure that'd be a seller for me.
    And I'd prefer a physical copy too.

I'd prefer a physical copy too, especially at that price.
    I said I won't buy it at that price, but I can already feel myself waning.. :(
    If I hold off until after the hubbub has died down, then maybe (hopefully) I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Touch screen inventory management would've been a nice touch alright. Sad to see they're doing a lazy console port.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

A physical copy was mentioned on twitter by the company behind the game

Nintendocraft probably would've been better. :rolleyes:

My Xenoblade arrived an hour ago :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

</sligeach>

Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Bah, no inventory on the gamepad is a disappointment! Surely thats the selling point for buying the game on Wii U??? Oh well, might not be so inclined to purchase this day one, just hope it gets patched in at a later date.

Allyall wrote: »
    My Xenoblade arrived an hour ago :)

Amazon france?

Going by the current status, I think they have to play it at customs before approving it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Amazon france?

Going by the current status, I think they have to play it at customs before approving it

That Lin causing all sorts of strife.

Amazon france?

Yep, Amazon France. I didn't mind the delay, although it was very slow for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

So I will have Fatal Frame/Project Zero and Xenoblade for the baby jaysus birthday and i reckon they both could be rare games you know the kind that prices go sky high on Ebay.

What other Wii U games do you think will be rare/command high prices in a few years ? Luigi and Pikmin 3 perhaps ?

Xenoblade just arrived to the door. Wasn't expecting a delivery this late. Now to not play it. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Xenoblade just arrived to the door. Wasn't expecting a delivery this late. Now to not play it. :-)

Is it being delivered by An Post or a private courier?

Was a fastway van anyway

Mine was a private courier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

McLoughlin wrote: »
    So I will have Fatal Frame/Project Zero and Xenoblade for the baby jaysus birthday and i reckon they both could be rare games you know the kind that prices go sky high on Ebay.

What other Wii U games do you think will be rare/command high prices in a few years ? Luigi and Pikmin 3 perhaps ?

Physical copies of Wonderful 101, deffo the Special Editions of games especially the Bayonetta 2 that came in a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

McLoughlin wrote: »

Fatal Frame possibly will be but I don't think Xenoblade will be, certainly nothing like the Wii version has become.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Physical copies of Wonderful 101, deffo the Special Editions of games especially the Bayonetta 2 that came in a book.

The first print edition. I saw that on a German site about two weeks ago for €42.
    The same site (giga.de) had something else on the side menu that distracted me and I started following the links wherever they led. The next day I went back looking for it and couldn't find it.

Feckin' side menus.. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a PAL copy of Scribblenauts Unmasked.
    The game was released in the US but the only PAL territory was Australia, so there is not do many out there, I'd say it may climb in value over time.

The most expensive Wii U game I saw in Gamestop today (used) was Hyrule Warriors @ €49.99.
    Did that sell well?
    I don't have it, but that made me think about looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Guys, the value of a game is measured in Fun, not dollars! Unwrap them! Play them! Artificially raise the value of my unopened Xenoblade Chronicles Ltd Edition by making it slightly rarer!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Apologies if this is covered waaay back in the thread - got a Wii U a couple of months ago and really only starting to use it now. Mainly picking up and playing games that I missed on the Wii (Skyward Sword, Galaxy 2) but I'm wondering what people rate as must-play Wii U games?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »
    The most expensive Wii U game I saw in Gamestop today (used) was Hyrule Warriors @ €49.99.
    Did that sell well?
    I don't have it, but that made me think about looking for it.

It sold well. The price is just Gamestop being Gamestop, i.e. rip-off merchants. I haven't bought from them in years and would be very reluctant to give them any money.

Xofpod wrote: »
    Apologies if this is covered waaay back in the thread - got a Wii U a couple of months ago and really only starting to use it now. Mainly picking up and playing games that I missed on the Wii (Skyward Sword, Galaxy 2) but I'm wondering what people rate as must-play Wii U games?

Charts here, may help... - http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/47/wii-u/

If you can avoid buying Star Sky........ Then you probably should. :o:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Xofpod wrote: »

For me personally it'd be:
    Mario Kart 8
    Super Smash Bros for Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    Zelda: Wind Waker HD
    Bayonetta 2
    Pikmin 3

Advertisement