Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Allyall wrote: »
    I just saw an advert for Wii U.. :D

It was for Just Dance 2016 in smyths, but it only mentioned the Wii U as the platform to play it on, and displayed the Wii U case in the ad..

:) I think that's the first Wii U advert I've seen. In Ireland anyway. :(

I've seen Skylanders Wii U quite a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Allyall wrote: »
    I just saw an advert for Wii U.. :D

It was for Just Dance 2016 in smyths, but it only mentioned the Wii U as the platform to play it on, and displayed the Wii U case in the ad..

:) I think that's the first Wii U advert I've seen. In Ireland anyway. :(

I've seen that ad around 4 times recently. Heady times, maybe the NX will be cancelled after a bumper WiiU Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I've seen that ad around 4 times recently. Heady times, maybe the NX will be cancelled after a bumper WiiU Xmas!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Did ye see the UK top 40 charts this morning? Xenoblade Chronicles X is gone after 1 week. And then there's a couple of Wii U titles dragging up the rear. I know ye are being sarcastic or at least I hope ye are. What channel were the ads on? I haven't seen one for over a year and a half.

No, not being sarcastic. I'm not sure which channel.
    The add was mainly for Smyths selling Just Dance 2016.
    But they used the Wii U as the main platform to advertise it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

63bda13db350d2ebcb7008fdeba398af0dfaa75780e176b1f8319ed9240dca07.jpg

I love these prices... :rolleyes:
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition (€29.99)

Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Festive Skin Pack (€1.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: The Simpsons Skin Pack (€2.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Star Wars Classic Skin Pack (€2.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Star Wars Rebels Skin Pack (€2.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Star Wars prequel Skin Pack (€2.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Doctor Who Skins Volume I (€2.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Doctor Who Skins Volume II (€2.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Mass Effect mash-up package (€3.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Skyrim mash-up package (€3.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Greek Mythology mash-up package (€3.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Halloween 2015 mash-up package (€3.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Plastic Texture Pack (€0.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Candy Texture Pack: (€0.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Cartoon Texture Pack (€0.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Steampunk Texture Pack (€0.99)
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Pattern Texture Pack (€0.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What's the point of the skins? I was looking at the Android version to remind myself that I want it on a console, and it's got a bunch of purchasable skins for the player but sure you never see yourself, what's the point?

Are people really going to spend €2.99 just so they can look a little more authentic walking around a scale model of the Death Star built of mud and cobblestone? (Actually, now that I say it out loud, if you're the kind of person who'd build a scale model of the Death Star brick by painstaking brick then of course you'd buy the skins. I'm being silly)

Re: Ads - Skylanders Superchargers ads always feature Donkey Kong and Bowser by name and with a quick clip, but there's no mention of them being exclusive to the Nintendo versions and the box they show at the end is the generic non-nintendo starter. Still, it's pretty good exposure, better than Ninty's own ads for 2 and 3 year old games with nothing to support the new stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seems like Super Mario Galaxy is "probably" coming to the WiiU, a treat for you folks out there who have yet to enjoy the fantastic game
    http://www.techtimes.com/articles/116276/20151214/super-mario-galaxy-might-be-coming-to-the-nintendo-wii-u.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Has anyone got past the subsonic league in FAST Racing Neo yet? It's bloody hard but soooooo good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

smokingman wrote: »
    Has anyone got past the subsonic league in FAST Racing Neo yet? It's bloody hard but soooooo good!

I've only managed 2 hours total with the game so far, damn life getting in the way, but hope to push on with it this weekend.

Also have only seen it in on the gamepad so far. Looking forward to seeing it on the telly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I bought a WiiU from Amazon France and it finally arrived today.

There aren't many demos available at all but I'm happy to see MineCraft finally here.

Does anyone know if it's able to play multiplayer with Pocket Edition?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Niemoj wrote: »
    I bought a WiiU from Amazon France and it finally arrived today.

There aren't many demos available at all but I'm happy to see MineCraft finally here.

Does anyone know if it's able to play multiplayer with Pocket Edition?

It is not cross platform compatible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

anyone pick up tennis ultra smash? what yer opinion on it? im tempted to get it for xmas.

anyone pick up tennis ultra smash? what yer opinion on it? im tempted to get it for xmas.

Ya, I picked it up only to look at the back cover then promptly put it back on the shelf where it belongs.

Splatoon - New Stage Squid Dance (Piranha Pit & Ancho-V Games)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XVAS1FiXMw

2 new stages are coming for Splatoon and there's an update on the way for the game as well.

Thanks sligeach...

No problem. What I'd do if I received it as a present.
    mca-guitar-smash-o.gif

Ultra Smash indeed.

Are you 80's nerd, the guitar or the late, great MCA in this scenario?
    Because the answer could be "I'd play it", "I'd go to pieces" or "I would commit an act of unprovoked and unjustified violence towards a radiator". And based on the reviews I'm not sure it really deserves any of those reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It just seems like a rushed, understated, kind of fun, family addition to the Mario sports games. Nothing more, nothing less imo. Over exaggerating how 'bad' a game it is is ott and not relative to where it places on a Wii U game roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

honestly the gamecube port to wii, on wii u with BC would be my choice on Mario Tennis games on Wii U.

Is the N64 one on the wiiu vc yet?

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    honestly the gamecube port to wii, on wii u with BC would be my choice on Mario Tennis games on Wii U.

I think the n64 one is on the vc, but i wanted to get it for the multiplayer more than the single campaign, wanted to get some boardsies opinions that had played it, from articles ive seen the game isnt bad but lacks content.

/\/ollog wrote: »

Yes it just arrived with todays eShop update. I'd recommend it if you can live without the online multiplayer. It's far better than Ultra Smash and you'll save yourself €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Final Fantasy 6 Advance is being released on the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan. Hope that makes it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

smokingman wrote: »

Only started playing it about an hour ago, my god it is fast, probably the best recreation of speed I've seen. So far so good but to answer your question I haven't passed it yet although I do have a little girl playing every second track for me. I've come first a few times and the AI is done very well so it makes for a good race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I'm hopelessly addicted to Fast Racing Neo. Can't. Stop. Playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Kinda tempted to get neo racer, is it worth the asking price? Not into racing games at all tbh, like playstation or Xbox ones.

Anyone bother with Minecraft? On the one hand I'm really tempted, and I know my eldest would love it, on the other.... the map size is limited and there's no fancy schmancy WiiU USP.... I could get an android box for that money and play the mobile version (which I got for 10p) on the telly, while also gaining a streaming and usb playback solution...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I don't think it's gonna sell as many copies as Nintendo hope it will. It's on everything now and at that price hike mark, no thanks.

I don't think it's gonna sell as many copies as Nintendo hope it will. It's on everything now and at that price hike mark, no thanks.

It's got three sets of parents buying the Wii U (One exchanging an Xbox One in Argos) that I know of, for Christmas.

That and the BS threat from Phantom squad accompanied by a very influential speech from another friend of mine who bought a PS4 for a 6 year old last Christmas, couldn't play it for a week sold it in June and bought a Wii U.

But Minecraft seems to have been the clincher/head turner for them.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this has been posted before or not, i cant find anything with the search function, but i got a new external HDD (thanks xenoblade x) and find that it slows down the wii u a bit, apparently there is a hidden feature in the wii u data management menu that disables the HDD from sleep mode, leaving it ready to go all the time.

Steps:

1. Turn on your Wii U
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Go to Data Management
    4. Press and hold down on the D-Pad for about half a second
    5. While holding down down on the D-Pad, press and hold the + and - buttons and keep them pressed down until you see a prompt referring to the HDD sleep mode
    Select disable - you will be advised that this setting might consume more energy

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/guide_improve_your_wii_us_external_hard_drive_performance_by_disabling_sleep_mode

Advertisement