Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

SK1979 wrote: »
    Has it been mentioned at all about the possibility of game cube games being emulated on the Wii u? Playing some of them on the pad would be great.

miyamoto mentioned it once when it was first annoucned, but I don't think they will.

Windwaker HD.
    Sucks for me, I never owned a gamecube and I'd like to play lugii's mansion and a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Sucks for me, I never owned a gamecube and I'd like to play lugii's mansion and a few others.

You could always buy a Gamecube? They're dirt cheap these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Or an older Wii, which is fully Gamecube compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

Does anybody else find the pad distracting? Like, playing Mario Bros and having both play at the same time (TV / Pad) I'm trying to look at my 50" screen with the better picture, but my eyes keep wanting to look at the controller for some odd reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

FreezeUp wrote: »
    Does anybody else find the pad distracting? Like, playing Mario Bros and having both play at the same time (TV / Pad) I'm trying to look at my 50" screen with the better picture, but my eyes keep wanting to look at the controller for some odd reason.

That happened a lot to me during Mario. I wouldn't even realise it was happening. Eventually, I managed to stop it and look at the tv but it took a while.

• Advertisement

I'll stick with it then mate, see how it goes.

EnterNow wrote: »
    You could always buy a Gamecube? They're dirt cheap these days :)

i have a wii, and thousand year door.
    i tried a few times to find gamecube games but they're all american when i look.

What games are you looking for? Adverts and ebay are generally your best bets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I imagine Gamecube games are going to pop up on the E-shop soon enough, with the classics being released there.
    If so, will we be allowed to play them on the Controlpad?
    It'd be nice to see the catalogue of GC titles getting another airing.
    That said, Nintendo may curse us once again with GC games running at 50hz and slow speeds, so Waverace will be hobbled.
    Fingers crossed they see sense!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fingers crossed they see sense!

I think it definitely makes sense to do so. GC discs held (up to) 1.5 GB, so the downloads would be smaller than we've come to expect with more modern games too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What does everyone want to come to the Virtual Console?

I'm hoping to rediscover a bit of my childhood with some:

Contra 3/Super Probotector
    Sunset Riders
    Striker (Indoor football ftw)
    Legend (Not one of my friends ever remembers this game)
    Tiny Toon Adventures

Speaking of Virtual Console. This trailer was released which confirms that Link to the Past, Super Ghouls n' Ghosts and Street Fighter II amongst others will be coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

All of a sudden i want a shot of Sunset Riders :-)

As usual, i'll get street fighter(s) just like i got mario world at the weekend.

Really want super metroid, because i've never played it properly.

But mostly want Gamecube games. Even though i already have most of them.

Getting tired of the NES ones. Got a bunch of them with that 3ds promo there a while ago. Didnt have it as a kid, so there's no nostalgia making me want to play them.

Am i right i saying there was no n64 or even Megadrive games in that video?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Am i right i saying there was no n64 or even Megadrive games in that video?

It said at the start "experience NES and Super Nintendo games", so you're right. I'm guessing they're starting off with these and then moving onto other consoles.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    All of a sudden i want a shot of Sunset Riders :-)

I used to randomly quote "I'm gonna blow you away" from one of the bosses when I was going to school.

Maybe not the best thing to be saying when you went to an all boys school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

qqZ1ub5.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

DinoRex wrote: »
    qqZ1ub5.png

:pac:

lol, sums it up. I cannot believe how little shelf space Wii U has in my HMV - it's like the dying days of a console - bot a brand new one. Nintendo need to ****ing sort it out pronto.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Downloaded the update (first time I turned on the machine in months) and am really enjoying playing SMW on the pad :D

Well at least the release date of another game has been announced. Game & Wario is out 28th June.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-02-nintendos-game-and-wario-gets-wii-u-release-date

Now if they could just hurry up with the other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

This could be just what the Wii U needs to boost sales (well at least hardware sales)!! So far they have sold feck' all of them! - http://www.sacredgaming.com/news/2013/05/01/wiikey-hacks-wii-u-to-play-games-from-usb-drives/

PS: Don't kill the messenger by the way, I assume it's OK to post stuff like this here? It's just news anyhow and not a link to pirated games or anything!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As someone else pointed out, they hacked the ability to do what was already possible. :) Download a game to the USB drive and play from there. But a Wii U hack is the last thing Nintendo needs.

Look at the amount of Wiis sold compared to the number of games. Imagine how well games like Zack and Wiki or MadWorld might have done if people couldn't just download them and play them. A lot of the target audience for those games would do just that.

So hacking the Wii U wouldn't exactly encourage third parties to provide resources to make games for Wii U.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

In a statement on their website, Wiikey stated that they were able to completely reverse “the WiiU drive authentication, disk encryption, file system, and everything else.”

Oh dearie me...thats not good at all :( Unless this is real low level stuff though, Ninty should be able to sort it with a firmware update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/02/the-guardian-names-mario-kart-and-animal-crossing-in-violent-video-games-rundown/

all you mario kart lovers who love to throw bananas at cars trying to make them crash are violent motherfu*kers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Madden NFL 25 Will Not Come to Wii U

EA will "evaluate opportunities for delivering additional Madden NFL products for Nintendo fans.”
    by Andrew Goldfarb MAY 2, 2013

EA has confirmed reports that Madden NFL 25 will not be coming to Wii U. Responding to rumors, an EA representative provided the following statement to IGN:

“We will not be releasing a Wii U version of Madden NFL in 2013. However, we have a strong partnership with Nintendo and will continue to evaluate opportunities for delivering additional Madden NFL products for Nintendo fans in the future.”

When asked for additional context and if other EA Sports titles will be coming to Wii U, EA simply told us “we have no further announcements at this time.”

Last year, Madden came to Wii U a few months after its release on other platforms. On Wii U, Madden did not include the updated Infinity engine or Madden Ultimate Team.

We’ve reached out for additional information on what brought EA to this decision and whether a version of FIFA will hit Wii U this year. This article will be updated with any additional comment we receive.

"we have a strong partnership with Nintendo”

That unprecedented partnership again.

Well you can't deny that their partnership with Nintendo is nothing like their partnerships with Microsoft or Sony.

¬_¬

Rumours within the retail industry apparently that a 3D Mario is coming in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Guessing it was one of the reasons people were getting excited about unannounced future releases
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/404493/nintendo-plots-wii-u-resurgence-with-3d-mario-by-october/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm so torn, specially now I've seen £150 wii U.
    I know I will get one, for mario/zelda pokemon, before the year is out. Question is get it now or later....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Breaking news

First wiiu game has been dumped

The_Avengers_Battle_for_Earth_PAL_WiiU-VENOM

23gb in size

tumblr_l7n418DNCP1qb00y6o1_500.jpg

Advertisement