Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For those who don't read the Gaming News thread, amazon have been ding stupid things again.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99479131&postcount=960

Now they have started making certain games exclusive to Prime members, including the likes of GTA V and Mario Kart 8

I was trying to get a game for Xbox One (Rainbow Six Seige) for about two weeks. It was £19.99 for Prime members, but was not available otherwise. It was available for PS4 though. I waited and gave up. Haven't seen it happen with Nintendo yet (for any of my purchases) though.
    It says on that it started this morning, but definitely didn't.
    Also, Prime has ZERO advantage to us in Ireland. I was going to buy it last year when it was on "Sale" for £25 or whatever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,642 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There was a Nintendo question on The Chase just now in the final chase on UTV. Paraphrasing, "The Koopalings are baddies that feature in which Nintendo franchise?" None of the 4 contestants knew and the youngest lad there eventually guessed Zelda. C'mon people!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

How the mighty have fallen? ;)

So no Zelda U this year. Don't worry guys, we got paper mario and... I'm sure Nintendo will have more filler at E3 to tide us over.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 michaelc4739

So no Zelda U this year. Don't worry guys, we got paper mario and... I'm sure Nintendo will have more filler at E3 to tide us over.

I'd put my money on skyward sword HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like Zelda will be playable at E3 this year (and it will be their only playable demo on the floor). Should give us an idea of what the final game will be like. Hopefully there will be no issues there from the outset (Starfox controls, I'm looking at you...)

Sometimes when all is falling apart around you, it's best to just laugh because if I didn't, I'd be ranting and raving like a lunatic. And I might just yet. :D

Edit: Nintendo plans on selling 800,000 Wii U's this financial year. Wow! Where's that fork because this thing is done?

I'd put my money on skyward sword HD

Skyward sword HD without motion controls sounds like more trouble than its worth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I see no mention of the Shin Megami Fire Emblem game. Will that still be a June release?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I see no mention of the Shin Megami Fire Emblem game. Will that still be a June release?

You mean Tokyo Mirage Sessions Sharp Fire Emblem: Fortissimo Edition? That's still scheduled for June 24th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 michaelc4739

Skyward sword HD without motion controls sounds like more trouble than its worth though.

Probably but it would be the best way to keep the Wii u going due to the lack of Zelda u.
    Also getting rid of motion controls would be greatly appreciated by a a good few people (myself included)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

sligeach wrote: »
    You mean Tokyo Mirage Sessions Sharp Fire Emblem: Fortissimo Edition? That's still scheduled for June 24th.

I hope it's not delayed too., shouldn't be, just translations and massive censorship to be done.

Poor WiiU :( what else has an official release date for the WiiU from now to Xmas? Paper Mario doesn't have a release date yet does it?

Things are bleak for the U.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Probably but it would be the best way to keep the Wii u going due to the lack of Zelda u.
    Also getting rid of motion controls would be greatly appreciated by a a good few people (myself included)

Very true, I hated the motion controls in SS. Gave up in the last quarter of it. Why to people get so pissy when you say you didn't like the motion controls in SS?

I'm sure if there was to be a SSHD they would use the gamepad for the motion controls.

But Skyward Sword is built on the motion controls, whereas twilight princess really wasn't, so it was an easy port (I imagine)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Just on the topic of waggle, I started playing Hyrule Warriors co-op with the missus recently, and even though I own a boatload of regular Wii accessories, multiple classic controller pros from my Monster Hunting days etc, we were shocked to learn there are only three controller options.

- Gamepad
    - Wii U Pro controller (which I don't own)
    - Remote and nunchuk

I was further horrified to find that Remote and nunchuk controls let you remap all the buttons with complete freedom, EXCEPT for regular attack, which is hardlocked to controller waggle. There is probably no button pressed more repetatively than the regular attack button in a dynasty warriors game.

Now choosing our controller option in Hyrule Warriors has a real "lesser of two evils" quality:

-Do you want proper responsive buttons, and the tiny gamepad screen?
    -Do you want the lovely big television, and waggle controls with more repetetive wrist movement than a vigourous mastubation session?

This almost immediately killed all our interest in playing though the game co-op. It's a shame, because it seems fun otherwise.

ChCD3IuWIAA9pjj.png:large

That tablet has a Shiekah/Lens of Truth symbol on it. And it looks a bit like the gamepad. Maybe we might use the gamepad screen when using this item.

Clueless Gamer: "Mario Kart 8" With Seth Rogen & Zac Efron - CONAN on TBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhlZGtcRdUo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

sligeach wrote: »
    Clueless Gamer: "Mario Kart 8" With Seth Rogen & Zac Efron - CONAN on TBS

Motion controls?? Ew... Funny video though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Conan would have slayed them if he'd only been allowed to use a Pro controller, or if the powers that be had allowed the GC adapter to be used on more games than just Smash Bros

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If anyone wants a copy of Shantae on the Wii U, please explain in 30 words or less why you won't give those starving kids $1 you lousy cheapskate :)

Any recommendations for Citizens of Earth? Are there differences between Wii U / 3DS in features, stability etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Banjo wrote: »
    If anyone wants a copy of Shantae on the Wii U, please explain in 30 words or less why you won't give those starving kids $1 you lousy cheapskate :)

Any recommendations for Citizens of Earth? Are there differences between Wii U / 3DS in features, stability etc?

The exchange rate on the dollar is killing me right now, so most of my donation would go to the banks.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The exchange rate on the dollar is killing me right now, so most of my donation would go to the banks.

You can choose who and how much of the money goes to who, Nintendo or charity. And there's a humble bundle tip jar if I remember rightly.

Do the codes expire? I've a few that I don't have use for right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Well played! Drop me a PM if you actually want the code

I voted for Bayonetta 2. Strange that Star Fox Guard is listed but the original Bayonetta isn't. Maybe want to give it some publicity.

I much prefer the W101 must be said. Love that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

As good as I found the others, Bayonetta 2 easily for me. Love that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I much prefer the W101 must be said. Love that game.

I thought it was odd that W101 only has 17%.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Just on the topic of waggle, I started playing Hyrule Warriors co-op with the missus recently, and even though I own a boatload of regular Wii accessories, multiple classic controller pros from my Monster Hunting days etc, we were shocked to learn there are only three controller options.

- Gamepad
    - Wii U Pro controller (which I don't own)
    - Remote and nunchuk

I was further horrified to find that Remote and nunchuk controls let you remap all the buttons with complete freedom, EXCEPT for regular attack, which is hardlocked to controller waggle. There is probably no button pressed more repetatively than the regular attack button in a dynasty warriors game.

Now choosing our controller option in Hyrule Warriors has a real "lesser of two evils" quality:

-Do you want proper responsive buttons, and the tiny gamepad screen?
    -Do you want the lovely big television, and waggle controls with more repetetive wrist movement than a vigourous mastubation session?

This almost immediately killed all our interest in playing though the game co-op. It's a shame, because it seems fun otherwise.

Yeah the Nunchuk/Wii Controller combo is awful. I wonder if the Wii U controller has any input lag, probably wouldn't. I'd actually get one if it didn't. I'm sure they can't be that pricey >_>

Linoud wrote: »
    Yeah the Nunchuk/Wii Controller combo is awful. I wonder if the Wii U controller has any input lag, probably wouldn't. I'd actually get one if it didn't. I'm sure they can't be that pricey >_>

There is a little bit of lag on the controllers. Depending on your TV, that could also add to it. I've never noticed any. Part of the reason for the Gamecube controller adapter and the Pokken Tournament controller is that by plugging straight into the USB, it reduces lag input. That's for the professional players supposedly. Will USB 3.0 on the NX reduce it even more? I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I'm sure there's a tiny bit of lag using the adaptor and GC controller with Super Smash Bros. I'm also sure that I could be using this as an excuse for being sh1t at it.

Advertisement