Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Excellent! We need a bit of positive news.

Will there be physical versions available or are they only an option for those who backed the kickstarter?

That's a good question, I suspect that might be an area where there could be changes, but it's worth going on their kickstarter page and asking them via message.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sold my WiiU. Consoles live and die by its games and the WiiU has no games coming out until Zelda next year, hate to admit it but the WiiU has been an absolute disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It sure was a little disappointing. I'd say 'E3 will be fun' but they ain't going to E3 so thats pointless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The WiiU is something I can't sell.
    I have too many games on it to play yet, barely started Bayonetta 2 for example.
    Plus, it's a Nintendo innit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The console has all of the ingredients of being a future classic.

1. Sold in (extremely) limited numbers.
    2. Unpopular during its lifetime.
    3. Most importantly: Has quality titles.

Backwards compatibility of the NX may diminish this theory somewhat as far as the console goes, but I can definitely see the games being sought after in the coming years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

In fairness you can(well could up til a couple of years ago when I rebought some titles) get Dreamcast stuff relatively cheap, and that's a similar success/failure story.

Like mentioned, I've a ridiculous backlog to get through so will never be selling mine(added to the fact that I love it and my new house's bedroom is within gamepad range of the sitting room :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

In fairness you can(well could up til a couple of years ago when I rebought some titles) get Dreamcast stuff relatively cheap, and that's a similar success/failure story.

Shush with your sound logic and reasoning! This is my pension you're crushing!

Looking at the expensive games on other formats, the games tend to be really good and made in limited numbers, so Under Defeat and Rez for the DC have gotten quite expensive, while other games like Blue Stinger, despite being an early game and so more limited in release, was sh1te and isn't worth much at all.

From June 14 through June 19, 500 Nintendo fans will be among the first people in the world to play The Legend of Zelda for the Wii U console at the Nintendo NY store. The 500 fans will be selected during a Super-Fan Signup Day, which will be held on Saturday, June 11. Only the first 500 eligible people in line when Nintendo NY opens at 9 a.m. ET will receive a wristband that they can exchange for a ticket, which guarantees them a spot to play the game during selected times June 14-19. (Fans can start lining up at 7 a.m. ET on June 11. Photo ID is required, and minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.)

The six-day free event will begin at noon ET on June 14, when fans will be invited to watch gameplay of The Legend of Zelda live-streamed from Nintendo’s booth at this year’s E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles to the 15-foot gaming screen inside Nintendo NY. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game. Then at 3 p.m. ET, the first of 500 fans will begin sampling the game for the first time.

From June 15 to June 19, Nintendo experts will also be giving guided game-play demonstrations on the big screen for everyone to watch and enjoy. Several fans may even get the chance to participate in guided demonstrations. There will also be The Legend of Zelda trivia for a chance for fans to win fun prizes.

WHO:
    Hundreds of Nintendo fans, Nintendo representatives

WHEN:
    Super-Fan Signup Day
    June 11, 9 a.m. ET

Nintendo NY The Legend of Zelda experience
    June 14, noon-3 p.m. ET (Nintendo Treehouse: Live screening from E3)
    June 14, 3-8 p.m. ET (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
    June 15-19, Nintendo NY store hours (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
    June 15-19, Nintendo NY store hours (guided game-play presentations with Nintendo experts and trivia)

WHERE:
    Nintendo NY
    10 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, NY 10020

Glad to see no other Nintendo fans who've been eagerly awaiting Zelda exist outside of New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Glad to see no other Nintendo fans who've been eagerly awaiting Zelda exist outside of New York.
    If you were a true superfan, you'd already be on a plane :D

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    If you were a true superfan, you'd already be on a plane :D

first_ipad_3_queue.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why are you just sitting there? Can't you see everyone is already inside?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why are you just sitting there? Can't you see everyone is already inside?

You don't gotta be first, just in the first 500 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,633 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo has been quick to establish that the Nintendo NX – despite releasing in March 2017 – will not be on display at E3, however, its launch game - The Legend of Zelda - will.  The game will be playable on the show floor for media and some very lucky members of the public, and today we found out just how much of the game we will get to enjoy. Nintendo is informing media that there will be two extended demos of the Wii U version to play at the booth and are being asked to set aside 90 minutes to make the most of the gameplay.

http://www.finder.com.au/legend-of-zelda-wii-u-nx-playable-at-e3

Someone on The Chase clearly loves Nintendo. On today's episode:

"The Minish Cap is a game from which Nintendo franchise?"

They didn't get it right. But I see Nintendo related questions all the time on it. Just the other week there was a question asking what colour were Super Mario's gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Seen a Zelda related question on it myself recently enough

On te latest episode of The Chase one of the questions was:
    Which of these is a console released by Microsoft?

A) PS4 B) Wii U C) XBOX ONE

Contestant got it right, Anne Hegarty got it wrong and was cursing herself afterwards that of course Wii U was Nintendo.

Some free Wii U advertisement. First in quite a while. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Youtuber Finn Gamer has posted an updated near complete Wii U collection video

I didn't know there was a Darksiders II Collectors Edition for Wii U. Only thing I can find online is a Russian version in a Youtube video. It must be rarer than hens teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

^Sligeach when I saw that you were the first one to post after that link, I expected you to say

"NEARLY complete Wii U collection? Psh. Filthy casual."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

sligeach wrote: »
    I didn't know there was a Darksiders II Collectors Edition for Wii U. Only thing I can find online is a Russian version in a Youtube video. It must be rarer than hens teeth.

Yes, was only released in Russia/Ukraine it seems. Extremely rare edition.

Corholio wrote: »

It's a bit bizarre that they'd only make a Russian version of all regions to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Corholio wrote: »

It was still available to buy on one or two sites up to about 2 months ago (March).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Potential 3rd DLC for Mario Kart 8 on the way. I assume it's to bolster their weak E3 lineup.
    Still good to see though! Fingers crossed for some proper battle arenas too.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/rumour_nintendo_uk_hints_at_more_mario_kart_8_dlc

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/738777798060482560

Could be an interesting E3 after all.
    A new release of Mario Kart 8 with all the DLC on board, including battle arena's?
    A reason to buy the console right there, nothing like it on any other home console on the market.

I was going to predict Yoshi's Woolly World 2 for Wii U as a surprise game. Something where the assets are already there and it would be easy for Nintendo to churn out. But more MK8 DLC could easily work. A fix at long last to the horrendous Battle Mode? It's the only blight on an otherwise near perfect game. It would also help boost sales of a future NX port if it happened.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'd love proper battle arenas but not sure how I'd feel having to pay for them - they should've been there from the start. It's the main reason the kids and I don't play it much (the racing modes are superb but get too competitive :pac:). Actually, has there ever been another Mario Kart without arenas for battle mode?

A Splatoon track has to be a nailed on certainty if there is more MK8 DLC coming. And inkling boy and girl added to the character roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If they don't add a battle mode, me and nintendo are done.

Advertisement