Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/738455004428664832

Shovel knight is geting two new campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 17,633 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's great news about Shovel Knight. There was a rumour about a Mario Party 11 for Wii U. I hope that's not true. But it's the kind of half baked game Nintendo would chuck at us at this point.
    CjwNF5oWYAAHkV4.jpg:large

Supposed leak of an upcoming Mini Direct. June 2nd came and went so it's probably fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think whoever made that got confused with 'Project Giant' and 'Kirby Planet Robobot'

'Kirby Giant Robobot'

Maybe it's a giant amiibo of this guy similar to Mega Yarn Yoshi.
    CcqFaAeUcAA-4Wf.jpg:large

But really? No!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Earthbound 2.....hmmm....suuure

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/739156767821598720

Shantaes new game is being launched in september, i really liked the pirates curse, so i probably pick this up too.

https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/739156767821598720

Shantaes new game is being launched in september, i really liked the pirates curse, so i probably pick this up too.

There's only going to be a retail copy in the US. Xseed Games I think are handling it.

New piece of Zelda artwork released in the past hour.

Nintendo has released a full rundown of the activities it’s planning for E3 2016.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/nintendo-outlines-e3-2016-related-activities-new-legend-zelda-artwork

Nordic Games the publisher behind Legend of Kay Anniversary Edition and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 has teased that they've another Wii U title in the pipeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New Olympia Rising trailer.
    I love chip tunes, but I think I'd be looking for the "music off" option for this...

Game looks good though!

• Advertisement

Olympia Rising has been on the European eShop for the past couple of months. It's only coming out now though on the American Wii U eShop. I thought it looked good and hoped it was because I like those kind of games but reviews have been average, 64% on Metacritic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah, didn't know that, cheers.

E3 2016 Nintendo Predictions + New Zelda Wii U Tidbits Discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aa-QIFpw7E

There's a few other tidbits about the rumours about Zelda U/NX but the big one is that there's 4 main dungeons and over 100 mini dungeons. The theme will be fantasy vs technology, more specifically, robots.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »

There's a few other tidbits about the rumours about Zelda U/NX but the big one is that there's 4 main dungeons and over 100 mini dungeons. The theme will be fantasy vs technology, more specifically, robots.

This gives one hope.
    One of the amazing things about Elder Scrolls Oblivion, the last one I put serious time into, was not only the main areas, but wandering off piste and finding winding stairs to mini adventures, distracted by side quests that were more than just "collect this and bring it to location x" kind of missions.
    This is what I'd love to see in LoZU, a game you can spend time in, perhaps the first true LoZ RPG, rather than the mostly linear action adventure it has been up to now, though it has to be said it's consistently the best linear action adventure on the market!

4 main dungeons & 100 mini ones...hmm, not grabbing me I'm afraid. I'm generally not a fan of side quests, & prefer a rich and complete main game instead. The robot thing is sort of interesting though...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

4 sounds a bit scabby alright, aren't the main dungeons where they normally introduce a new weapon/item and the gameplay mechanic to go with it?

Presumably they will reveal the sub-title to the game as well? As in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Andrew76 wrote: »
    4 sounds a bit scabby alright, aren't the main dungeons where they normally introduce a new weapon/item and the gameplay mechanic to go with it?

Presumably they will reveal the sub-title to the game as well? As in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask etc.

The Legend of Zelda: Rise of the Robots

The Legend of Zelda - Mandolin of the Machines

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The Legend of Zelda: Rise of the Robots

If that turned out to be the case then I know one retro user around these parts that would buy 5 Wii-Us and NX's just to have the game in his collection. :pac:

So, Tuesday is when we'll get to see it in action I believe. Looking forward to seeing what an open world Zelda looks like. It is interesting that they said to allow 90 minutes or so to get a proper feel for it. Is Epona that old these days or the world that big!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

God that's one dire panel in the TV3 studio. I had to bring up info on the TV to find what your one's name is. Really sparing no expense are TV3.

So Nintendo are still releasing games for the Wii U? Football punditry games a bit niche though I'd have thought. Trevor Amiibo to follow

• Advertisement

So Nintendo are still releasing games for the Wii U? Football punditry games a bit niche though I'd have thought. Trevor Amiibo to follow

Haha. Wrong thread, I was wondering where that comment disappeared to.

Concept art from the Amazon listing of this game. Don't know if it's official, I would presume it is, it looks real and nice too.
    71Yy3tMr7NL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Wii-U/dp/B00KWF803C

Rock climbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Majoras mask only has 4 dungeons and thats the best zelda. So I'm fine with that.

Just a guess but I think that art is viewed somewhere around from where I marked the red dot and looking north.
    Ckxlk7kWEAEhQAf.jpg:large

Church looking building on the left, the castle beyond and the rivers and mountains on the right.

Concept art from the Amazon listing of this game. Don't know if it's official, I would presume it is, it looks real and nice too.
    71Yy3tMr7NL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Wii-U/dp/B00KWF803C

Rock climbing?

The game won't look anything like that though. (That link is for Wind Waker HD btw.)

The original trailer from 2 years ago looked stunning but surely it won't look that good on release?

People are speculating that the Link in the blue lanyard on the right is female but I don't see it.

Nintendo have officially released that earlier artwork in higher resolution and with more detail of the surrounding landscape.
    13411920_1050451061706013_3611523119676219821_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I was playing Mario 3D world on the Wii U with the missus last night.

We have an 8GB Wii U with an external HD attached (which needs external power unfortunately). Because the native Wii U HD is so tiny, basically every game is installed on the HD, and we did the little cheatcode to make sure the HD never goes into sleep or low power mode.

We were playing for about an hour when the TV and gamepad went suddenly dark. At first we thought it was a weirdly specific power cut. Then a "HD disconnected, please hold power button for at least 4 seconds" warning flashed up.

I did that, and we opted to stop playing at that point. I noticed though that even though we unplugged it, a red light stayed on on the Wii U for a really long time.

I'm just wondering if this is a random very rare problem, or if this is a sign of errors or overheating that I can expect to see more of due to some interaction between the Wii and the external HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Zelda trailer and name confirmed as Breath of the Wild, but really, you should look at my question about external HDs immediately prior to this post.

• Advertisement

Shantae had an E3 trailer, looks pretty good.

Advertisement