Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone else picking up Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE next week, totally forgot it was coming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Xenji wrote: »
    Anyone else picking up Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE next week, totally forgot it was coming out.

Yep ill be picking it up too, cant find anywhere selling it in ireland tho, had to buy off shopto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got one of the Ltd Editions from Amazon Italy ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Out of interest my wee one and me were playing Mario kart 8 recently. A guy on a a rosalina bike was jerking about like mad. Are people hacking this game now? He seemed to appear, then disappear etc, etc,

What was the crack about that??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

timthumbni wrote: »
    Out of interest my wee one and me were playing Mario kart 8 recently. A guy on a a rosalina bike was jerking about like mad. Are people hacking this game now? He seemed to appear, then disappear etc, etc,

What was the crack about that??????

That's just lag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep ill be picking it up too, cant find anywhere selling it in ireland tho, had to buy off shopto.

Gamestop had boxes on shelves during the week. It'll probably be €250 though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Mr E wrote:
    Gamestop had boxes on shelves during the week. It'll probably be €250 though.

Asked the girl in there today, she said their system has it down as 60, so it'll be 60 or 65 quid. I might just wait till it's cheap in smyths tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CliCliW wrote: »
    Asked the girl in there today, she said their system has it down as 60, so it'll be 60 or 65 quid. I might just wait till it's cheap in smyths tbh!

It was €55 delivered for the Fortissimo Edition - Including delivery 2 weeks ago from Poland. It seems to be going up in price already, and it hasn't even been released yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,630 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mr E wrote: »
    Gamestop had boxes on shelves during the week. It'll probably be €250 though. :)

And that's just for the box. ;)

anyone looking to pick up Tokyo mirage sessions in gamestop should pre book it it their store if they can, i rang my local store and they said they might not be getting it in due to limited stock and they send the games to the pre booked stores for friday, i was gonna cancel my shopto order and get it on launch in GS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

There were rumours about MK8 dlc at E3.

Anything happen?

Nothing announced, but it is definitely coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Probably either be on twitter or in the next direct thats not NX related.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,630 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

anyone looking to pick up Tokyo mirage sessions in gamestop should pre book it it their store if they can, i rang my local store and they said they might not be getting it in due to limited stock and they send the games to the pre booked stores for friday, i was gonna cancel my shopto order and get it on launch in GS.

They've dropped the price from €80 to €60 but it's still €10 more than online retailers. Thegamecollection are cheaper than Shopto on this occasion for TMS #FE. I need to try and forget about this game.

sligeach wrote: »
    They've dropped the price from €80 to €60 but it's still €10 more than online retailers. Thegamecollection are cheaper than Shopto on this occasion for TMS #FE. I need to try and forget about this game.

i wanted to pick it up on launch, thats why i opted for gamestop, ended up going with shto and they took payment this evening, not optimistic for a friday delivery tho.

Shovel Knight: Specter Knight and King Knight update

http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/06/the-return-of-specter-knight-and-a-revitalizing-announcement/
    Here are some answers to the most frequent questions:

We’re working on two new campaigns: Specter Knight and King Knight.
    Campaigns will not be releasing at the same time. Specter Knight will be released first!
    No estimated release date for any Update quite yet.
    Similar to our last update, we’ll probably go overboard too. Hey! Maybe that’s why we’re called Yacht Club Games!
    New campaigns will come with new Feats and Challenges for the new campaign character!
    We’re also working on two new modes: Body Swap and Battle Mode!
    Just like Plague of Shadows releasing with Challenge Mode, we’re planning to release one of these new modes alongside each campaign.
    Battle Mode is being designed as a single screen, multiple controller, multiplayer mode and is currently not planned to arrive on handheld versions of the game. We’ll be sure to announce if there are any changes on that front.
    Much like Plague of Shadows, all of the announced upcoming Shovel Knight content will be free on ALL platforms! For disc/cart and digital versions!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, this is kinda cool, WiiU/Splatoon + VR = Awesomeness!

splatoon-gun-hack/

The ass has fallen out of Wii U stuff in France. If anyone is going over for the football, or a holiday, have a look in stores like Leclerc, Carrefour, Auchan and CDiscount etc..
    Mega Yarn Yoshi for €9, Super Smash Bros Controllers are €7.49 and €6.45, Captain Toad with Amiibo €13.50, Mario Maker Bundle €149, High Capacity Battery €10, Tons more..

http://imgur.com/a/m3pyH

Argos is probably our best bet for any similar prices.

It's amazing the Wii U has been out for going on 4 years now and it's still mad expensive. For the price of a Wii U and a copy of splatoon, you can get an Xbox one with 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Allyall wrote: »
    The ass has fallen out of Wii U stuff in France. If anyone is going over for the football, or a holiday, have a look in stores like Leclerc, Carrefour, Auchan and CDiscount etc..
    Mega Yarn Yoshi for €9, Super Smash Bros Controllers are €7.49 and €6.45, Captain Toad with Amiibo €13.50, Mario Maker Bundle €149, High Capacity Battery €10, Tons more..

http://imgur.com/a/m3pyH

Argos is probably our best bet for any similar prices.

Any way of getting them over here? That wiiu would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Schweet! I'm over there in just over a week... now if only I can convince the kids to blow off Disneyland for one day so Daddy can go shopping....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Blasting through Lego Jurassic World at the moment. Damn these games are fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Banjo wrote: »
    Schweet! I'm over there in just over a week... now if only I can convince the kids to blow off Disneyland for one day so Daddy can go shopping....

Hey if you manage to go shopping, I'd love if you could pick me up a few of those under the guise of monster hunter solidarity :D

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Any way of getting them over here? That wiiu would be great.

Unfortunately the best sales in France always seem to be in store only.
    There's tons of stuff. If I was over there I'd be taking orders :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A truly fantastic piece here by Norm, regarding the late, great Iwata San. I don't tend to use the words visionary, or legend, out of context...but in this case, they fit perfectly. (gulp :()

I see the final Splatoon Splatfest is on July 22nd (choice between Callie and Marie). Is support for the game dying down? I haven't played it for months.

Well I never have any trouble finding a game.

Mr E wrote: »
    I see the final Splatoon Splatfest is on July 22nd (choice between Callie and Marie). Is support for the game dying down? I haven't played it for months.

aww im gutted its the last one and im away that weekend too :( the callie/marie amiibo will still trigger the night time splatfest plaza if you play music with them it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I personally think it's really disappointing that the splatfests are ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nintendo really messed up with the WiiU.

I work in a library and I'm setting up a Mario Maker Club. I've 43 kids signed up within 10 days, which is a crazy amount considering how busy the branch is.
    Had an impromptu session today with 8 kids and all didn't know what a WiiU was or what Mario Maker was.
    All 8 loved it and all 8 were going to buy a console out of their conformation and communion money.
    No body is aware the console actually exists. It's madness.
    Mario still sells and you should see the kids when including I tell them, they can make their own Mario levels.

Advertisement