Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Wii U really was a bloody awful name in retrospect. And the fact it received virtually no advertising beyond launch, not outside of the crowds who would have bought one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Wii U really was a bloody awful name in retrospect. And the fact it received virtually no advertising beyond launch, not outside of the crowds who would have bought one anyway.

Hopefully, Nintendo have learned from their mistakes. Be sad to see NX stumble.

One mother told me her son won't be using his money to buy a WiiU as he got a Ps4 for xmas. He told me he doesn't play it.

It's a great little console and we had great craic today with Mario Maker. The 40 kid session of the game could be chaos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,977 ✭✭✭✭briany

Main problem with the WiiU seemed to be that it was a step behind in technology. The tablet controller could do less than traditional tablets along with having worse battery life. The company had been there before with the N64, choosing cartridges over CDs making games more expensive to produce while being able to hold less content. Nintendo will have to think of something innovative that is ahead of the curve in a desirable way in order to recapture market share. With other developments coming like VR, it'll be very interesting to see how they can pull this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,630 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Remember that rumour of Nordic Games having a Wii U game that they're still working on? More evidence that it's true.
    Gamefly: Darksiders coming to Wii U?

Last month, we learned from Reinhard Pollice that Nordic Games had another Wii U game in the works, one that “Action Adventure fans will enjoy”. And it turns out that this mysterious Wii U game may well be Darksiders (the original entry, only available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC so far).

Very recently, Gamefly started listing Darksiders for Wii U on its website.

Unfortunately, no official announcement has been made so far, and the game doesn’t seem to have been rated in Europe or Australia yet. However, there’s almost no doubt this is the game teased by Reinhard Pollice a couple of weeks ago on Twitter. After all, Nordic Games does own the Darksiders franchise (they bought it after THQ went bankrupt, a couple of years ago), and this is indeed an Action Adventure game.

No doubt we should be getting an announcement in the upcoming days/weeks, most likely at GamesCom (August 17th to August 21st). With the official announcement, we will get proper details about the game, including any possible changes/improvements compared to the original version, the studio behind this Wii U port, and more.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/gamefly-darksiders-coming-wii-u/

https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Darksiders/5011518

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Bit disappointing if that is the case, I'd have expected after all this time that it'd be a new game, rather than a rehashed version of the original. I preferred 2 over 1 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Anyone know if the figures for Wii u Lego Dimensions portal purchased in USA will work here in Ireland?
    The console was purchased here.

Triboro wrote: »
    Anyone know if the figures for Wii u Lego Dimensions portal purchased in USA will work here in Ireland?
    The console was purchased here.

I'd imagine they're region free similar to how amiibo, memory cards and peripherals like controllers can be used anywhere in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

sligeach wrote: »
    I'd imagine they're region free similar to how amiibo, memory cards and peripherals like controllers can be used anywhere in the world.

Thanks, just I heard the games themselves were region coded so wondered if same applied to the portal figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nintendo's share price since March. More than double of pre Pokemon Go levels. It will be launched in Japan in the next day or so, so expect it to rocket up even further. Unreal.

CnsZxrrVMAAyHje.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I didn't realise it hadn't been released in Japan yet.
    Wow.
    Sleeping giant :)

• Advertisement

It has also now overtaken Sony to be Japan's largest tech company in market value.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sure Sony will do what they tried to do post Smash Bros, release a similar but inferior product and then act all hurt when no one gives a monkey's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Great, Japan has to be added yet, there goes the serverhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm sure Sony will do what they tried to do post Smash Bros, release a similar but inferior product and then act all hurt when no one gives a monkey's about it.

Already happened.

https://twitter.com/sonyxdeveurope/status/752482376941535232

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I personally think Nintendo has buckets of these money printing ideas (Wii, Pokémon etc.) and every so often they hit the launch button when they need a bit of a boost.

It gives their engineers and innovators a licence to have a constant wet dream over their next wacky idea without worrying about profits.

Gunmonkey wrote: »

They did a great job of being invisible. Should have been called The Abysmals.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    They did a great job of being invisible. Should have been called The Abysmals.

Doesn't stop the poor b@stards trying though.
    Eye of Judgement
    The Harry Potter and other Wonderbook titles.

Are Sony that desperate for attention that, rather than wishing Game freak and Nintendo well they're going to suggest that their own pitiful attempts should be on the same page as Pokemon Go?
    And the 3DS had AR games built in, also free, on release.
    Just because it's AR doesn't mean you made it work Sony.

I completely forgot eye of judgement was a real thing. They even tried to relaunch it a few years ago right, with new cards and ****.

I completely forgot eye of judgement was a real thing. They even tried to relaunch it a few years ago right, with new cards and ****.

I didn't remember either, but the Sony fans on Twitter mentioned it to try to be down with the hipness of Pokémon Go, and only reminding people of some of the money pits they bought over the years.
    Playstation Eye V3.0 and still useless.

Some great news. Nordic Games have confirmed the long running rumour that the original Darksiders is coming to Wii U in a remastered version. It will be released both on the eShop and physically at a cost of €20. It's expected to arrive before the end of this year.

Edit: Here's a trailer of the original game to give people an idea what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q3DZuAe88M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Help!, ive dropped the wiiu gamepad and busted the screen really bad :( any help on where i can send it to be fixed?

Help!, ive dropped the wiiu gamepad and busted the screen really bad :( any help on where i can send it to be fixed?

Have to get onto Nintendo themselves I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Fast racing Neo getting a retail release, bundled with a future DLC.

https://twitter.com/ShinenGames/status/757929548315066369

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Fast racing Neo getting a retail release, bundled with a future DLC.

https://twitter.com/ShinenGames/status/757929548315066369

This game looks great and I've been tempted to buy it before, I'll have to pick it up when it comes out on disc now.

Has anyone here played it much? Is the online multiplayer any good?

Yooka-Laylee Toybox will be available from today, codes being sent out.

http://www.playtonicgames.com/open-the-toybox/

Just gonna give it a whirl now.

Some print screens I took of the Toybox. Simple enough stuff but gives a good idea of the game.

yooka.jpg

yooka2.jpg

yooka3.jpg

Is there a reputable third party Wii U remote that someone could recommend or is the official version simply the best?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Is there a reputable third party Wii U remote that someone could recommend or is the official version simply the best?

Just get the official. Third party ones I've tried are always dodgy.

Just get the official. Third party ones I've tried are always dodgy.

I was afraid you'd say that. They still hold their price a bit too well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

So I have fiiiinally gotten round to playing Wind Waker......about 30 hours in......incredible!!

Ok I am a little new to the wonders of zelda, and never really finished link to the past, or phantom hourglass(I never owned a Nintendo console since the snes)but this has me hooked!

The scope of it is incredible. It still looks amazing. The controls have been a tad iffy at times but it really is one of the greatest games ever. The tingle bottles are a great idea and it seems plenty of people are still playing it.

It helps that I was out sick the past few days to put the time in, but if you haven't tried this yet and have a Wii U it's a must buy. On the selects range now too.

I love my Wii U

Advertisement