Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So what games are we expecting today apart from Pikmin, 101 and Game and Wario?

I say this nearly every time but I really really want to see a new Metroid. I don't expect it though :(. There might be some footage of Wind Waker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Today is supposed to just be Spring/Summer releases so don't think we'll see Zelda. If we're getting Metroid, will probably be announced at the one next month

Today is supposed to just be Spring/Summer releases so don't think we'll see Zelda. If we're getting Metroid, will probably be announced at the one next month

I'd say there will be a few other things mentioned, otherwise it will be very short (and isn't Spring over anyway?). I know we won't see Metroid but i'm still going to keep saying it until we get it (I really want a new Metroid, don't know if that was very clear :pac:)

Hmmm, dunno. You're not very clear. I'm getting the impression you want a follow up to Wii Music.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Metroid would be very nice, very nice indeed. Particularly a 2D (2.5D) one on the 3DS...

• Advertisement

2013 - The yesr of Luigi
    2014 - The year of Samus?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Very interesting strategy they have for the US. Announced after the Direct today.

'If you won’t be attending E3 this year, don’t worry, you’ll still have a chance to play the games that many who attend the show floor will see. At the end of today’s Nintendo Direct, Reggie Fils-Aime announced that Nintendo was partnering with Best Buy to have unreleased Nintendo games available for play across 100 stores in America. There are no details on where these stores will be located, but we expect a decent spread in order to allow more people to play them'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone know if anyone's got a price for the boxed luigi u yet?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive taken the plunge.Just got myself a wii u basic--well Im collecting it in 30 minutes!!!

Anyone got a few decent games recommendations??

What kinda games do you like?

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ive taken the plunge.Just got myself a wii u basic--well Im collecting it in 30 minutes!!!

Anyone got a few decent games recommendations??

Trine, cave, mario, need for speed, zombiu, resident evil revelations would be my picks.

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-stop-exclusive-partnership-with-nintendo
    It's Bayonetta all over again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks all.

I might be able to play something in about a month....this damn update is taking forever!!!

1 hour in and the progress bar isn't even at half way yet and that's on 50meg broadband!!!

Whats COD like on it?
    Is there much online activity?

Looking at Batman aswell and that new Lego one.

I can talk about Lego City Undercover anyway. It's a lot of fun but is very easy. I didn't really feel challenged at all playing it (so like other Lego games really). It's really funny though, the number of jokes is ridiculous. There's a decent enough variety to missions as well.

I'd also recommend Mario (imo it's the best of the New Super Mario... series) and Zombiu, especially now that they've patched the bugs.

If you've never played Batman, then that's excellent as well. It's probably my favourite 360/PS3 game, and the port is supposed to be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Thanks all.

I might be able to play something in about a month....this damn update is taking forever!!!

1 hour in and the progress bar isn't even at half way yet and that's on 50meg broadband!!!

Whats COD like on it?
    Is there much online activity?

Looking at Batman aswell and that new Lego one.

COD is good alright, depends on whether you use the wiimote though. I'm used to that from the last six years but if you're more of a conventional controller guy, it might be too tough to get used to. Playing two player online (one on the pad and other on the wiimote/pro controller) is a lot of fun!

Other games to check out would be:

Need for Speed:Most Wanted - best racer on the system and way better than the previous 360/ps3 versions in graphics and online. 30 quid on zavvi right now too.

Batman - if you haven't played it previously, buy it quick - it's about 20 quid sterling on amazon right now and an amazing game.

Fifa 13 - likely to be the last fifa on the system but PES is coming out in the next few months so it probably won't last long as the best soccer game you can get on the system. It's still a good game of soccer though and with the end of the premiership coming tomorrow, I've been playing it online for the last two weeks solid. Some good competition online and especially from French players for some reason.

Mass Effect 3 - the loading times aren't great but the game is still worth it if you haven't dipped into the previous games. Still haven't finished it but I'm close. The story might be a rippoff of Babylon 5 but that's no bad thing in my eyes.

Monster Hunter 3 - haven't got this myself but know a lot of guys who do. It's apparently a bit of a religious experience for those that have the time and patience to get immersed by it but not my cuppa'tae.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I like little inferno. It tells me to burn things.

The kids will love it!

The kids will love it!

Is anyone else now afraid for Damo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The kids will love it!

My son had me blistered to buy that after seeing the Yogscast play it, it's class!

Started playing Super Metroid. The problem with playing a game like that more than once is it's hard to get used to not having all your abilities. :)

Couple questions: Is it possible to turn off the German/French subs? Seems it selects one or the other.
    And is it possible to turn off the screen in games where the game's mirrored on it, like this or Mario? Just to save battery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All PAL versions had annoying subtitles that couldn't be turned off. You'll have to live with it.

I thought they had English back in the day too, didn't they?
    Pretty sure the subs when I was playing it back in 94/95 had English subs!?
    Or am I losing my mind (again)? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought they had English back in the day too, didn't they?
    Pretty sure the subs when I was playing it back in 94/95 had English subs!?
    Or am I losing my mind (again)? :D

The US version is the only version in English that you can turn off the subs.

It's the stupid reason Nitendo are giving for releasing the terrible PAL version and not the 60Hz one on Virtual Console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

There's a new System update just out.It's a quick one,nothing major and very little info in the release notes.
    Version 3.0.1 U

Released: May 20, 2013

Further improvements to overall system stability and software compatibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

with all these system updates there will be nothing left between patches,installs and buying things off the eshop.

i would of preferred if the console came with a hard drive

with all these system updates there will be nothing left between patches,installs and buying things off the eshop.

i would of preferred if the console came with a hard drive

Ive just added a spare 120gb drive that I had lying around to the Wii.Now loads of space!!!!!Almost all my 8gb was gone with the demos I downloaded.

Have to say Tank tank tank is great fun.Resi revelations looks good aswell.

I'd also highly recommend Runner 2. I got it yesterday (it's 25% off at the moment) and it's really good.

After that Xbox One reveal it seems more people are liking the Wii U. Partly because it's the only one of the new 3 that has backward compatibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

After that Xbox One reveal it seems more people are liking the Wii U. Partly because it's the only one of the new 3 that has backward compatibility

and the fact it will most probably have more non-'mainstream' games.

Nintendo shares jumped 2% after the reveal. It really was dreadful.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Nintendo shares jumped 2% after the reveal. It really was dreadful.

Sony's jumped like 9% I think, lol.
    And if you looked closely you could see points like when EA Sports came out, they jumped a full dollar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Paying fees to play second hand games (it seems it's full price)
    Apparently having to have your Xbox One connected to the internet at least once a day to play games. I don't know what happens if you don't, away on holidays for example.
    Complete lack of games at the conference.
    The console cannot function without having Kinect on.

Nintendo has a chance now at E3 to make people think again about what their priorities in gaming are. Microsoft needs an incredible E3 to make up for that mess of a conference. Their 'exclusives' really need to be something else.

Advertisement