Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Triboro wrote: »
    Thanks, may have to try that as it seems they are not available to buy seperately.

You could give adverts.ie a go i think i saw a couple on there if ya dont want to go down the repair route.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hello Games, probably could learn a thing or two from Yacht Club Games, in terms of support and communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Wow, that looks great - I've never played a Paper Mario game before and I imagine the Wii game (Super Paper Mario?) probably has aged a good bit by now, so I'm definitely going to pick this new one up at some stage!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ionapaul wrote: »
    Wow, that looks great - I've never played a Paper Mario game before and I imagine the Wii game (Super Paper Mario?) probably has aged a good bit by now, so I'm definitely going to pick this new one up at some stage!

Super Paper Mario is more a platformer, I think Colour Splash is more RPG similar to Thousand Year Door on Gamecube (or that's the impression I get).

According to some folks over in the Nintendo bargain thread Super Paper Mario can be got for a fiver in Tesco (if you can find it).

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Super Paper Mario is more a platformer, I think Colour Splash is more similar to Sticker Star on 3DS (or that's the impression I get).

FTFY

• Registered Users Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

"I think Colour Splash is more RPG similar to Thousand Year Door on Gamecube".

That's an insult to TTYD.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, I'm only asking this cos boards is the only place I go to find out what's happenin Nintendo wise...

Wasn't there talk a while back about new Mario Kart DLC? Where'd that go?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Lads, I'm only asking this cos boards is the only place I go to find out what's happenin Nintendo wise...

Thanks

oooooooohhhhhhh yeahhhhhh... a tweet wasn't it? "Good things come to those who wait" or something?

• Advertisement

Thanks

It's probably not happening. I could see more DLC for an NX version of MK8 perhaps. Wii U is dead, has been for a long, long time. Nintendo have proper screwed over Wii U owners. We haven't had an original Wii U Zelda, we've had to wait ages for BOTW because of NX. Remember Pikmin 4 and how it was supposedly nearly finished? Where's that? NX most likely now. Next to no games for the past year and they've been mostly poor. Paper Mario: Colour Splash is cutting corners by using the Sticker Star template despite the hatred and using Toads as nearly every NPC.
    pasta-solo wrote: »
    oooooooohhhhhhh yeahhhhhh... a tweet wasn't it? "Good things come to those who wait" or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hmm.

Even if it comes out on NX, i'll just get it then.

Can't wait for that. Wii U was a bit limited in terms of releases in the past while, but i still love the yoke.

Hmm.

Even if it comes out on NX, i'll just get it then.

Can't wait for that. Wii U was a bit limited in terms of releases in the past while, but i still love the yoke.

I love it too. I think it has good ideas that I hope return for NX but better implemented. I like having a second screen, it should now be 720p(1080p on TV). It'll now be able to leave the room without having to worry about the signal cutting out. Battery life should be better, well maybe. Add analogue triggers please. Have a proper OS from day 1. Do ye remember what the Wii U's was like? It was awful. Nintendo really botched the Wii U in so many ways. They weren't ready, really expensive for what it delivered, passed on further expense to the customer like buying a hard drive and a decent battery for the gamepad. Drought after drought, third party support pretty much gone within a year. Missing franchises and cookie-cutter games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Apparently Paper Mario CS is available to play right now through pre loading in the US. That's quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Character introduction video for Yooka-Laylee, which also announces a very special guest...............Shovel Knight!

Corholio wrote: »
    Character introduction video for Yooka-Laylee, which also announces a very special guest...............Shovel Knight!

A snake character named Trowzer :D good old rare devs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The staff from Rare, never moving past the idea that all good characterisation needs to consist of is a decent set of googly eyeballs, attached to pretty much anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

A snake character named Trowzer :D good old rare devs.

Someone made mention of it...needs to be posted!

This day has been coming for quite some time now, PS4 has now overtaken the Wii U in lifetime sales. With this weeks Media create sales released today, it now stands at 3,267,243 PS4's versus 3,265,329 Wii U's. This weeks hardware sales:

Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
    1. PlayStation 4 – 49,652 (96,433)
    2. New 3DS LL – 15,491 (15,808)
    3. 2DS – 14,492 (18,754)
    4. PlayStation Vita – 9,817 (12,931)
    5. New 3DS – 3,379 (3,047)
    6. Wii U – 2,731 (2,703)
    7. PlayStation 3 – 1,105 (1,099)
    8. 3DS – 462 (425)
    9. Xbox One – 124 (156)
    10. 3DS LL – 74 (106)

Poor Xbox One in Japan.
    The owners of that format over there must be hipster to the max!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Am I the only one surprised 2DS sales are so high?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Why are the 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, n3DS and n3DS XL being treated as individual hardware platforms? Surely the only people who give a damn about individual figures are the eBay gougers waiting for the optimal moment to unleash their overpriced hoard of boxed special edition Animal Crossing XLs?

I mean, I only see PS3, not PS3 Slim, new PS3 etc.
    Sure, PS4 would still be on top but it would much better reflect the gulf between Ninty and the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Banjo wrote: »
    Why are the 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, n3DS and n3DS XL being treated as individual hardware platforms? Surely the only people who give a damn about individual figures are the eBay gougers waiting for the optimal moment to unleash their overpriced hoard of boxed special edition Animal Crossing XLs?

I mean, I only see PS3, not PS3 Slim, new PS3 etc.
    Sure, PS4 would still be on top but it would much better reflect the gulf between Ninty and the Vita.
    What am I missing, is this Japan only?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Didn't mean to quote Banjo

iamtony wrote: »
    What am I missing, is this Japan only?

Yes.

iamtony wrote: »
    Didn't mean to quote Banjo

Nobody ever does, but somehow it happens...
    If it keeps happening we'll never get rid of him!

So, anyone know if the bricks and mortar shops here are getting in the rerelease of Pikmin 3 and Fast Neo Racing?

severed looks like a pretty good eshop game

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pikmin 3 in stock in Argos as of now.

http://checkargos.com/product/5698826

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Pikmin 3 in stock in Argos as of now.

I'm confused, Argos lists them as in stock but they're titled as pre-orders? We're they released today?

Advertisement