Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

CliCliW wrote: »
    I'm confused, Argos lists them as in stock but they're titled as pre-orders? We're they released today?

The Limerick stores have them available to collect, but it does have "pre-order" in the title. Just a typo I imagine.

Hopefully the price is a typo too! €5 more than all the other selects. Amazon way cheaper;
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-UK-2328446-Pikmin-Selects/dp/B01KNPPP3I/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1475223570&sr=1-1&keywords=pikmin+3

Smyths don't seems to have Pikmin for some reason....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They're in stock that's why I posted the check Argos link for Pikmin. I'd reckon the price is correct Argos gouge with the exchange rate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Smyth's aren't picking up the phone so no way to check if they have the games in stock today, I do see they have dropped the prices of the original print run of the Selects releases to €24.99, but they don't have Pikmin 3 in stock at all, or didn't at least.
    Looks like it's going to be Amazon after all, €49 posted for both Pikmin 3 and Fast Racing Neo.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I sold my Wii U. I never played it despite having some good games for it, and with the end of the console seemingly near, I thought it would be wise to get some decent money for it whilst I still could. Sadly, this will be rememered for my least played / least enjoyed Nintendo console ever.

To each their own. It's made me love games more than I've done in the past few years. The off tv play is a godsend too. I'll never sell it, if only for nintendoland at Christmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Love my WiiU, it'll eventually join the rest of the history of gaming consoles in the gamesroom before too long, and it'll have earned it's place as a fantastic home to some cracking exclusive titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Finally bought The Wonderful 101. €35.99 on cdkeys. Bloody brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Playtonic announced today in their latest update that they will be releasing a boxed version of Yooka-Laylee, and are currently working on it for backers to upgrade their pledges from the digital version to the boxed. Great news.

"Upgrade" meaning "pay more" I would surmise...

Will Yooka Laylee be out before the NX?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    "Upgrade" meaning "pay more" I would surmise...

Will Yooka Laylee be out before the NX?

I would presume so yes, but they said that it's optional of course.

Q1 is the release timeframe Playtonic are giving for Yooka-Laylee so there's a chance it might.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »
    Playtonic announced today in their latest update that they will be releasing a boxed version of Yooka-Laylee, and are currently working on it for backers to upgrade their pledges from the digital version to the boxed. Great news.

I'd prefer boxed over digital.

Physical means, in 15 years time, when you want to play Yooka Laylee on WiiU, you won't have to hope that the console you bought it on is still working.
    People make the mistake of thinking that 15 years is a long time, but 15 years ago we were playing the PS2 for over a year already, so not too far, certainly not too far away that we can't expect to go on enjoying them.
    At least if my PS3 craps out in 5 years, as long as the servers are still up, I'll be able to download the games library I've built up.
    Even then, the only format that seems immune is PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Physical means, in 15 years time, when you want to play Yooka Laylee on WiiU, you won't have to hope that the console you bought it on is still working.
    People make the mistake of thinking that 15 years is a long time, but 15 years ago we were playing the PS2 for over a year already, so not too far, certainly not too far away that we can't expect to go on enjoying them.
    At least if my PS3 craps out in 5 years, as long as the servers are still up, I'll be able to download the games library I've built up.
    Even then, the only format that seems immune is PC.

This is exactly how I feel, whenever possible I buy a physical copy of the game I'm looking for and if it's something I want to keep in my collection long term then I'll make sure I have it on disc!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I just wish that owning the disk unlocked the digital version on your account... I know it's impractical and open to abuse but it pisses me off on the eshop when you go to grab some DLC for a game that's running in the background and Ninty are still not convinced that you own a copy of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not to mention that a lot of the time physical copies are cheaper than their digital counterparts - ridiculous that is.

AND you get pretty good trade in value for most Nintendo games! :)

Yeah Nintendo's digital pricing isn't great at all, I'm not sure if that's just to keep retailers happy though!

Having access to the digital copy when you buy the disc is a great idea but difficult to implement obviously. If you could buy the disc and then unlock a digital version for a few quid extra maybe that could work but again it would probably be abused easily enough!

The thing that grinds my gears is, despite my prolific spending on WiiU and 3DS games, because they are physical copies I get no Nintendo credit for them, or whatever they are now called.
    Had I bought the digital equivalents I'd be knee deep in bonus stuff by now!!

The thing that grinds my gears is, despite my prolific spending on WiiU and 3DS games, because they are physical copies I get no Nintendo credit for them, or whatever they are now called.
    Had I bought the digital equivalents I'd be knee deep in bonus stuff by now!!

I know what you mean! Hopefully they improve what's an offer though because getting discounts on games and dlc that I already own isn't much fun! And I don't need anymore themes for my 3DS!

Back on the Wii when you could trade in your club nintendo points for eshop codes was a good deal, I bought plenty of virtual console games with those codes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Reviews are in for Paper Mario: Color Splash

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/paper-mario-color-splash

• Advertisement

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Reviews are in for Paper Mario: Color Splash

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/paper-mario-color-splash

Looks pretty positive so far! I'll pick this up eventually, I just have to finish playing the rest of the paper mario series!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lads. Just buy Tadpole Treble.

You wont regret it.

Lads. Just buy Tadpole Treble.

You wont regret it.

There's no European version, it only released in the States. It seems very good by glancing at the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

sligeach wrote: »
    There's no European version, it only released in the States. It seems very good by glancing at the reviews.

Oh man I wanted to buy this because I read that dude's webcomic, I had no idea it wasn't available in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Playing a bit of Severed myself at the minute, one of the few eshop games that do offer cross buy with the 3ds. Good game so far, works well on both platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Recent circumstances mean that I will be at home quite a bit for the foreseeable future :) With that in mind I decided to look for a game to keep me occupied and more specifically a Zelda game. After some research I decided on Wind Waker HD over Twilight Princess - it is downloading now and will be my first Zelda game aside from some casual goes of A Link to the Past on the SNES. I'm quite excited now, if it goes well I'll give Twilight Princess a go and will hopefully be as hyped as other Nintendo players when the new Zelda game finally comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ooh, good for you.

I'll admit it, I am jealous.

It's fantastic! How does twilight princess hd compare? Think I asked before...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It's fantastic! How does twilight princess hd compare? Think I asked before...

I played it through for the first time a few months ago and loved it (apart from the terrifying postman).

It seems to be a bit divisive but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now I have Ocarina to finish and Wind Waker & Majoras Mask still to play for the first time!

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »
    Recent circumstances mean that I will be at home quite a bit for the foreseeable future :) With that in mind I decided to look for a game to keep me occupied and more specifically a Zelda game. After some research I decided on Wind Waker HD over Twilight Princess - it is downloading now and will be my first Zelda game aside from some casual goes of A Link to the Past on the SNES. I'm quite excited now, if it goes well I'll give Twilight Princess a go and will hopefully be as hyped as other Nintendo players when the new Zelda game finally comes out!

You should really finish A Link To The Past too. Amazing game.

Advertisement