Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I had a sit down of MK8 on my PC on an emulator over the weekend (I legit own a Wii U and the game), playing in 4k resolution. Looks and plays absolutely stunning. The details in the background are mindblowingly awesome that you dont really see on the Wii U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I had a sit down of MK8 on my PC on an emulator over the weekend (I legit own a Wii U and the game), playing in 4k resolution. Looks and plays absolutely stunning. The details in the background are mindblowingly awesome that you dont really see on the Wii U.
    Just looked at a video, looks great. It is a bit of a shambles when a PC can run your game better than you can.
    What controlled do you/can you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Controller, sorry couldn't edit my post

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

iamtony wrote: »
    Just looked at a video, looks great. It is a bit of a shambles when a PC can run your game better than you can.
    What controlled do you/can you use?

It can take any xinput or dinput controllers, so pratically anything. I've been using and Xbox One controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

iamtony wrote: »
    It is a bit of a shambles when a PC can run your game better than you can.

A PC can run most every console game better than any console can!

Didnt realise Wii U emulation was this far along, might be handier than digging out the Wii U once the Switch is here. How does it cope with the second screen stuff?

• Advertisement

pasta-solo wrote: »
    A PC can run most every console game better than any console can!

Did realise Wii U emulation was this far along, might be handier than digging out the Wii U once the Switch is here. How does it cope with the second screen stuff?

The second screen is generally emulated with a mouse click (or if you have a touchscreen monitor, that works too), but games that 100% require the second screen doesn't work so effectively.

I've been playing MK8, Splatoon, Mario World, Xenoblade, Captain Toad without any problems on my controller.

Smash works but audio is choppy. Mandatory 4k vid showing some progress of emulator only in the last few months:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Thanks to ciderman in bargains thread I noticed the good eshop sale at the mo. Picked up the massively reduced Swapper, any other recommendations? Stealth Inc 2? Guacamole super turbo edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Guac is great fun. Super Metroid with wrestling moves. I going for Severed by the same crowd, its got cross buy with 3ds. At that price though it'd be rude not to pick up swapper and stealth inc as well :)

Olli olli is good fun, ultratron is supposed to be a decent twin stick shooter.

****, I'm meant to be boxing this console up, not filling it with backlog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Severed is weird, but enjoyable. Lots of touch screen swiping though! Lots! And lots!

I have to be honest I've never really played a Zelda game :O and with the new one coming up I'd like to try get into it.

Just looking at the virtual console on the Wii U. Should I buy Ocarina of time for a tenner or splash out for the WindWaker for E25?

• Advertisement

If the graphics aren't going to be a problem, Ocarina is one of the greatest games of all time, even when you take off your nostalgia-tinted glasses. From the look of the trailer, there are moments in BotW that I think you'd need to have played OoT to appreciate fully. Windwaker is great, and due to clever art direction even the original still looks gorgeous today never mind the HD redux, but has a couple of issues that would stop it from being in my Top 3 Zeldas.

Hedge your bets - get Ocarina 3D on the 3DS :D

Wind Waker is fantastic! I'd not properly played Zelda in years but that won me right over quickly.

I didn't say it wasn't! But it's up against Ocarina, Majora and Link to the Past, never mind Links Awakening, Twilight Princess, Minish Cap, both of the Oracles, Skyward Sword, Link between Worlds, Adventure, the original - it's nothing but wall to wall fantastic games. With CDi games as the carpet and a skirting board made of the free Picross game. When you're choosing between Zeldas you have to nitpick or you'll never make a decision.

Oh I know, just proclaiming my love :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    With CDi games as the carpet very uncomfortable toilet paper...

FYP Banjo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I didn't say it wasn't! But it's up against Ocarina, Majora and Link to the Past, never mind Links Awakening, Twilight Princess, Minish Cap, both of the Oracles, Skyward Sword, Link between Worlds, Adventure, the original - it's nothing but wall to wall fantastic games. With CDi games as the carpet and a skirting board made of the free Picross game. When you're choosing between Zeldas you have to nitpick or you'll never make a decision.

Your point is null and void due to lack of Crossbow Training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Your point is null and void due to lack of Crossbow Training.

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is my favourite from the Zelda universe, alas never on the Wii U.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

ThisRegard wrote: »

Were you expecting loads? Least surprising news you could have tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why do you think I'm expecting loads?

You can still get new releases on the PS3 and 360 long after their successors were released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Going out with a quality game like Zelda is a fitting end I suppose. I have a rack with nearly 40 Wii U games and one or two shockers apart they are all pretty darn good, and there's still a couple of games I want to buy. Plenty of life in the console for me personally even if it's the end and I certainly don't regret buying it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Aw. That's a bit sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Why do you think I'm expecting loads?

You can still get new releases on the PS3 and 360 long after their successors were released.

Even the most recent PSP game came out in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

764dak wrote: »
    Even the most recent PSP game came out in July.

Hell, the most recent Wii game came out in November 2016.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Hell, the most recent Wii game came out in November 2016.

Yeah, Just Dance still coming out on the Wii.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Check out this guy's complete Wii collection. He's got 1,262 physical games.
    o9YW9vz.jpg

ge0DLkb.jpg

Check out the link below for loads more images and what he thinks are the 40 rarest Wii games.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&catid=5&threadid=170644

Stupid question : Are those awesome WiiMote display stands regulation or some sort of custom job?

Jaysus, I've walked past €5 copies of Rogue Trooper and Guilty Gear so many times...

Wait... there's a Lucha Libre game for the Wii? WTF? Where has that been all my life?

Otherwise, that list of 40 rarest games... looks like they're rare for humanitarian reasons!

BTW, that looks like a set of Billy bookcases from IKEA, shelf fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Stupid question : Are those awesome WiiMote display stands regulation or some sort of custom job?

You can buy them.

http://www.rosecoloredgaming.com/product-category/shop-by-brand/nintendo/wii-accessories/

Edit: I see you added more to your post. This is an American collection. They'd have more games than would have come out in Europe. I'd never heard of that Lucha Libre game either. Found 1 copy on Ebay from Mexico for $150 secondhand and is described as being in "good" condition.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Lucha-Libre-AAA-Heroes-del-Ring-Complete-in-Box-CIB-Nintendo-Wii-/332087724983?hash=item4d51f88bb7:g:gqMAAOSwo4pYZwKx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What are the chances of accessories dropping in price once the Switch establishes itself?

I'd like a Wiimote. Still around €50 at the moment I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Will a pal Wii u play us wii games (twilight princess)?

(appears not, wonder why I imported a wii in the first place)

Advertisement