Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think so, due to region locking.

Saw Conker's Bad Fur Day in cex for £95

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sure, a Wii from CEX is €30 now.
    Just get one, soft mod it and, Bam, region free gaming.
    It'll also play import GC games too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't think so, due to region locking.

Saw Conker's Bad Fur Day in cex
    for £95

For the n64? Didn't know that cex carried n64 games?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For the n64? Didn't know that cex carried n64 games?

It was ported to the Xbox, after Rare were bought up by Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was N64 unboxed. They also had NES and SNES games. This was in Derry

• Advertisement

Ah, slash city, no, we don't see retro games down here in CEX unfortunately.
    And £95 is probably about right for that game, it is pretty expensive for the N64.
    I sold my pal copy for similarly stupid money a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wii U production has officially ended for Japan as announced on Nintendo's Japanese site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    Wii U production has officially ended for Japan as announced on Nintendo's Japanese site.

Yep and all stock allocated to North America has already been shipped to retailers with no more in production.

No news about EU or AUS but I reckon the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Xenji wrote: »

:,(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There it goes. One of Ninty's own prototypes. A not quite high-powered enough mutant of some kind never even considered for mass consumption. Too weird to live, and too rare to die as it will live on as remakes/ports on the switch.

Do not go gently into the night and it won't with breath of the wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Now we sit back and watch the second-hand prices steadily climb with smug looks on our faces.

We Wii U owners...

*Looks dramatically into the sunset*

... We few.

c484c6bab3684a3c863d221e5315f605.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Now we sit back and watch the second-hand prices steadily climb with smug looks on our faces.

We Wii U owners...

*Looks dramatically into the sunset*

... We few.

c484c6bab3684a3c863d221e5315f605.jpg

If only they weren't rereleasing the whole catalogue on Switch we might have made a tasty price :D

If only they weren't rereleasing the whole catalogue on Switch we might have made a tasty price :D

Collectors would still go after the Wii U versions I'd say. The likes of that Super Luigi U in the green box will be one to look out for.

Collectors would still go after the Wii U versions I'd say. The likes of that Super Luigi U in the green box will be one to look out for.

All ready is.

I've reported people for this but I think it's time...

Maybe the WiiU is dead....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sy...dor...man...
    I'll... Be... Right.... Here...
    maxresdefault.jpg
    (Press) hoooooooome

Has that been confirmed?

Started playing devils third this evening. Cannot understand why it got such bad reviews. Sure it doesn't exactly strain the brain cells but I like the mindless fun run n gun style of it, reminds me of some old PS2 games for some reason. For a tenner it's well worth it. Nice to have a bit of gore from Nintendo now and again too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Anyone who has Super Mario Maker, I got bored and made a level based on the current storyline in Fair City. Kill me. Please.

C566 0000 02F8 7127

I got bored and made a level based on the current storyline in Fair City.

That sentence has never been said before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

da gamer wrote: »
    Started playing devils third this evening. Cannot understand why it got such bad reviews. Sure it doesn't exactly strain the brain cells but I like the mindless fun run n gun style of it, reminds me of some old PS2 games for some reason. For a tenner it's well worth it. Nice to have a bit of gore from Nintendo now and again too.

Shame they sacked the online so quickly, supposedly quite good fun.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

That sentence has never been said before!

I don't find that surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yep and all stock allocated to North America has already been shipped to retailers with no more in production.

No news about EU or AUS but I reckon the same.

Ceased worldwide now according to Kimishima.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    There it goes. One of Ninty's own prototypes. A not quite high-powered enough mutant of some kind never even considered for mass consumption. Too weird to live, and too rare to die as it will live on as remakes/ports on the switch.

Do not go gently into the night and it won't with breath of the wild.

Great fear and loathing reference :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone have issues with sound problems or major disturbance in sound on the wii u gamepad?

anyone have issues with sound problems or major disturbance in sound on the wii u gamepad?

Any game in particular? Don't remember having an issue with sound, certainly not that I can recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any game in particular? Don't remember having an issue with sound, certainly not that I can recall.

Young lad was watching Netflix absolutely God awful noises and Mario 3d world aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Herself bought me a Wii U for my birthday this week. Set it up this morning and I'd say I've been playing different Marios for about 10 hours now ��

I got Mario maker and new mario bros with it. I bought super mario world today and have smash bros and mario kart 8 on the way. Should keep me going for a while!

Can anyone recommend a decent cheap controller? Looking at this. Cheap and cheerful, anyone have one? I'll prob use that more when playing on the tv rather than the big gamepad

Anyone with a spare few thousand (five, Sterling to be more accurate) might be interested in this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282346334466

No idea if they'll get that much money, or what it's really worth but it looks fantastic.

Just a shame those games aren't getting played, but I know there's value in sealed stuff. Lottery winning me would buy that collection and start playing with the games!

• Advertisement

Anyone with a spare few thousand (five, Sterling to be more accurate) might be interested in this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282346334466

No idea if they'll get that much money, or what it's really worth but it looks fantastic.

Just a shame those games aren't getting played, but I know there's value in sealed stuff. Lottery winning me would buy that collection and start playing with the games!

Doesn't even have first print edition of bayonetta.

Advertisement