Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Doesn't even have first print edition of bayonetta.

But it has Hunter's Trophy 2! Hunter's Trophy 2! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Just bought a Wii U pro controller. Spurious ones were about 15 pound delivered, got the genuine one for 28 quid. Dying to play some multiplayer Mario Kart! I also just bought Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze there, I didn't even know there was a DK on the wii u until I looked into buying DK country from the SNES. The amount of games now available to me is kinda worrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Herself bought me a Wii U for my birthday this week. Set it up this morning and I'd say I've been playing different Marios for about 10 hours now ��

I got Mario maker and new mario bros with it. I bought super mario world today and have smash bros and mario kart 8 on the way. Should keep me going for a while!

Can anyone recommend a decent cheap controller? Looking at this. Cheap and cheerful, anyone have one? I'll prob use that more when playing on the tv rather than the big gamepad

Honestly can't recommend Mario 3D World enough either, especially in co-op multiplayer. It's such a brilliant game, well worth getting once you get your second controller.
    I also just bought Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze there, I didn't even know there was a DK on the wii u until I looked into buying DK country from the SNES. The amount of games now available to me is kinda worrying!

Beware that Tropical Freeze is no cake walk. It's a very fun game but there are levels in that that took me literally 2-3 hours just to complete. Very rewarding when you get it done though.

I'm looking forward to DK. All the reviews say exactly the same about the difficulty. I had played a good few of the Mario games on the 3DS and always found them too easy. Mario bros on the U though i am finding a little tougher, I don't wanna be able to just leggit through the games so it should be great! 9/10 on IGN too so I have high hopes.

I have 3D land on the 3DS too, I'm a bigger fan of the Mario bros side scrolling games though. Maybe when I finish the few I have I'll give it a look. But herself isn't very good at these games so multiplayer will be minimal, Mario Kart was bought so she could have a go every now and then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I'm looking forward to DK. All the reviews say exactly the same about the difficulty. I had played a good few of the Mario games on the 3DS and always found them too easy. Mario bros on the U though i am finding a little tougher, I don't wanna be able to just leggit through the games so it should be great! 9/10 on IGN too so I have high hopes.

I have 3D land on the 3DS too, I'm a bigger fan of the Mario bros side scrolling games though. Maybe when I finish the few I have I'll give it a look. But herself isn't very good at these games so multiplayer will be minimal, Mario Kart was bought so she could have a go every now and then!

Mario 3D World, while generally quite easy too, is very difficult to get 100% on. There's a final world in the game that is only unlocked by getting 100% on all the previous levels and all the stages in that final world are very challenging. I still remember Christmas 2 years ago spending a whole day with my brother and cousin beating Champion's Road, only to have to do it again because you have to finish it with all 5 characers :D

• Advertisement

Only 20 quid too...

Must. Resist.

How long have these games been that price? DK, Mario 3D, Mario Bros, Pikmin 3 etc are all 19.99. Is that a sale or is that just how much they are does anyone know? Because if it's going to go up in price then I'd be saving money buying it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Only 20 quid too...

Must. Resist.

How long have these games been that price? DK, Mario 3D, Mario Bros, Pikmin 3 etc are all 19.99. Is that a sale or is that just how much they are does anyone know? Because if it's going to go up in price then I'd be saving money buying it now :D

They would be the Nintendo Selects versions. They have a red border around the boxes and are permanently cheaper. Exact same games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Herself bought me a Wii U for my birthday this week. Set it up this morning and I'd say I've been playing different Marios for about 10 hours now ��

I got Mario maker and new mario bros with it. I bought super mario world today and have smash bros and mario kart 8 on the way. Should keep me going for a while!

Can anyone recommend a decent cheap controller? Looking at this. Cheap and cheerful, anyone have one? I'll prob use that more when playing on the tv rather than the big gamepad

I just pulled the trigger on a second hand one that I'm going to be picking up this evening - very excited to give it a spin!

Buying it mainly to play a few of the old Zelda games and BoTW when that comes out. Couldn't justify the switch as it's hard to know how long my interest will last but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just bought a Wii U pro controller. Spurious ones were about 15 pound delivered, got the genuine one for 28 quid. Dying to play some multiplayer Mario Kart! I also just bought Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze there, I didn't even know there was a DK on the wii u until I looked into buying DK country from the SNES. The amount of games now available to me is kinda worrying!

28 quid, where?

sweetie wrote: »
    28 quid, where?

Bought from a UK seller on ebay. Im based in the UK so it was 28 pound, free delivery.

Sorry, 28.95 actually
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262831502000

• Advertisement

C14N wrote: »
    Beware that Tropical Freeze is no cake walk. It's a very fun game but there are levels in that that took me literally 2-3 hours just to complete. Very rewarding when you get it done though.

On the boss of world 4 now. That puffer fish thing. Quite infuriating!

Got my wii u yesterday - working my way through a link to the past already. It's a very nice piece of kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Got Ocarina of Time on Wii U before it goes back up to €9.99 tomorrow. I was afraid that it might look shocking on a 55" flatscreen but it's still looking pretty gorgeous! Takes me back to the N64 days, aww. :)

Just bought Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass and Minish Cap to go along with Link to the Past :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I'm transferring digital games from one external hard drive to a different one through the Wii U. My console is the 8GB version so transferring something like Super Smash Bros. is impossible as it's 15gb. Downloading it again to the new hard drive is grand but is there no option to just transfer my game save to the console and then transfer that to the new hard drive, otherwise I'll lose all my game saves on larger games. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Can't you connect 2 USB hard drives at once (ideally with external power supplies)?
    I'm almost sure I used the WiiU data management section to move a huge chunk of data from one disk to a 16GB memory key so I could wipe the drive.

Banjo wrote: »
    Can't you connect 2 USB hard drives at once (ideally with external power supplies)?
    I'm almost sure I used the WiiU data management section to move a huge chunk of data from one disk to a 16GB memory key so I could wipe the drive.

Ah ok, I thought you could only connect one external drive at a time. I'll try that, thanks.

Banjo wrote: »

That worked, I didn't realise it went straight to Data Management with two drives plugged in. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You're welcome.

I was bluffing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just bought Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass and Minish Cap to go along with Link to the Past :pac:

Probably the best shopping trip you will ever go on.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Bought a Wii U, second hand for my nephew. It has a couple of games already installed (MK8 and Mario Bros). Obviously I'd like to keep them... what happens if I wipe the system? Will I still be able to play/download those titles?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Hi all,

Bought a Wii U, second hand for my nephew. It has a couple of games already installed (MK8 and Mario Bros). Obviously I'd like to keep them... what happens if I wipe the system? Will I still be able to play/download those titles?

Thanks!
    No you won't be able to keep them if you wipe the system. If you leave that account on the system with the games tied to it and set your nephew up as a second user you should be able to keep the games and play them on the new user account.

iamtony wrote: »
    No you won't be able to keep them if you wipe the system. If you leave that account on the system with the games tied to it and set your nephew up as a second user you should be able to keep the games and play them on the new user account.

So what about buying new games from the Nintendo shop? Don't I need to register a Nintendo ID or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »

So what about buying new games from the Nintendo shop? Don't I need to register a Nintendo ID or something like that?
    I'm not 100% on that but my best guess would be that you should be able to purchase them using the Nintendo id you used to set up the second account, obviously while your using the second account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

I think you tap the mii on the top left and you can create an nnid from there.
    You just need an email address.
    I think it's just demos and free software that requires an nnid though.

You should do this too:
    Make yourself a Nintendo account https://accounts.nintendo.com/register after that, https://accounts.nintendo.com/child register them a child account.

There's an Irish youtuber giving away wii u download codes on his twitter feed. He's worth a follow anyway, lot of focus on indie games now (obviously as that's pretty much all there is left) but has always done a fair bit of content about the non mainstream.

https://twitter.com/NinImpactGaming/status/830739228388708353

What's the free game? It could be anything. There's like €1 games on the eShop, codes going for 50c during sales. Or it could be trash like, Zombie Brigade: No Brain No Gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm generally not a fan of whores.

I don't think people deserve to be called whores regardless of their odd urge to get more subs/followers etc. The offer of a free game is there, I'm not bothered if you don't want to take him up on it, he's given me two games free, without prompting, in the past so thought it was a good idea to post here, seems I was incorrect!

What were the games?

I asked him on Twitter earlier what the free game is and just seen the reply. He says it's "B3 Game Expo For Bees".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I'm generally not a fan of whores.

Ah now, that's a bit mean, but maybe it could be moved to Nintendo Bargains or something.

Advertisement