Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ah now, that's a bit mean, but maybe it could be moved to Nintendo Bargains or something.

It's grand, happy enough to delete my posts, might make the replies seem out of place though. It wasn't really welcome here and that's fair enough.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

sligeach wrote: »
    I asked him on Twitter earlier what the free game is and just seen the reply. He says it's "B3 Game Expo For Bees".

:D fantastic!

No, wait, unbeelievable :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I'm generally not a fan of whores.

There's absolutely no need for that. Bit of respect for people please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Star Lord wrote: »
    There's absolutely no need for that. Bit of respect for people please.

No need to question the respect I have for people.

I wasn't provoking a reaction. It's a legitimate word that best describes the situation. If there was a more accurate one I would have used it.

Offering free stuff for likes and follows and other such bs is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Which reminds me, I have spare keys for Runbow, Swords and Soldiers II and Affordable Space Adventures on the Wii U. Also, Shantae, Nano Assault, Retro City Rampage and Rhythm Thief on the 3DS. All leftover from the Humble Nindie Bundle a few months back, so I dunno if there's any expiration dates on the codes and whatnot, but if you want them, just say so and I'll PM them on. First come, first serve and all that.

Edit:

Shantae is gone.
    Retro City is gone.
    Rhythm Thief is gone.
    Affordable Space Adventures is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Which reminds me, I have spare keys for Runbow, Swords and Soldiers II and Affordable Space Adventures on the Wii U. Also, Shantae, Nano Assault, Retro City Rampage Rhythm Rampage on the 3DS. All leftover from the Humble Nindie Bundle a few months back, so I dunno if there's any expiration dates on the codes and whatnot, but if you want them, just say so and I'll PM them on. First come, first serve and all that.

I'd take the Shantae one if still available. Sound of you to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pac1Man wrote: »
    No need to question the respect I have for people.

I wasn't provoking a reaction. It's a legitimate word that best describes the situation. If there was a more accurate one I would have used it.

Offering free stuff for likes and follows and other such bs is pathetic.

If they're given them to give away to followers, they should just hold on to them then, in your opinion? It's nonsense, it's uncalled for, and isn't going to be accepted here. There are many other ways you could have expressed what you were trying to say, doing so in the way you did is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Which reminds me, I have spare keys for Runbow, Swords and Soldiers II and Affordable Space Adventures on the Wii U. Also, Shantae, Nano Assault, Retro City Rampage Rhythm Rampage on the 3DS. All leftover from the Humble Nindie Bundle a few months back, so I dunno if there's any expiration dates on the codes and whatnot, but if you want them, just say so and I'll PM them on. First come, first serve and all that.

Edit:

Shantae is gone.

I'd gladly take Affordable Space Adventures if it's still going

I can't send you a PM for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Edit:

Shantae is gone.

Could I get Retro City Rampage if you still have it?

• Advertisement

So educated guesses, will Nintendo bother updating firmware again or can I go ahead and softmod the little bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can I get the Rhythm Thief code please, never played it have always been curious to see if it is Elite Beat Agents level of weirdness.

Seen a few pro controllers popping up on cex database am curious to whether it will be compatible with the switch or will ninty change the frequency so we all need switch pro controllers instead.

Seen a few pro controllers popping up on cex database am curious to whether it will be compatible with the switch or will ninty change the frequency so we all need switch pro controllers instead.

Would be handy if they were, they haven't confirmed it yet though have they.

https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-president-backward-compatibility-for-controllers-may-be-considered-for-switch-417505.phtml

I can't send you a PM for whatever reason.

My bad, will sort out and PM you asap

So educated guesses, will Nintendo bother updating firmware again or can I go ahead and softmod the little bugger.

Probably one more update at least for Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

One more update that will activate the Wii U's self-destruct sequence in an attempt to force existing customers into buying the Switch. The Switch already has its self-destruct measure built-in, a battery that will expire. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    One more update that will activate the Wii U's self-destruct sequence in an attempt to force existing customers into buying the Switch. The Switch already has its self-destruct measure built-in, a battery that will expire. ;)

I wonder what the life span on that battery is.
    I've devices here that have only now reached bork time, with a new battery for my GBA:SP ags101 (meaning extra awesome) on it's way.
    Otherwise the other devices over the past 15 years have needed nothing.

I would imagine there'll have to be a repair service available, but it could wind up being outside the devices lifespan, we shall see I guess.
    I'm going to assume that, in order to make the battery removable it would have necessitated the device to be larger, while a sealed device can have those few mm's shaved off.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder what the life span on that battery is.

My battery good on Wii U. But been trying to buy the extended official battery for ages now. Amazon UK have it but tgey wint ship parcel motel or ireland. its steange. cud it be because its a battery i wonder. Even the Switch ships via Amazon uk and PM.

Spare Battery be useful in few years for collectors purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A battery on its own requires special considerations that a battery in equipment doesn't, its an air transport authority thing. You could try the An Post UK service but technically they shouldn't accept it on the same grounds

• Advertisement

Which reminds me, I have spare keys for Runbow, Swords and Soldiers II and Affordable Space Adventures on the Wii U. Also, Shantae, Nano Assault, Retro City Rampage and Rhythm Thief on the 3DS. All leftover from the Humble Nindie Bundle a few months back, so I dunno if there's any expiration dates on the codes and whatnot, but if you want them, just say so and I'll PM them on. First come, first serve and all that.

Edit:

Shantae is gone.
    Retro City is gone.
    Rhythm Thief is gone.
    Affordable Space Adventures is gone.

Got Affordable Space Adventures installed yesterday with no issues - my first time playing an actual Wii U game on my new Wii U!

Must say, it's a lovely little game - thanks a lot Mr Saturn!

Star Fox Wii U is down to €19.99 in Argos, stock is sparse.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Got Affordable Space Adventures installed yesterday with no issues - my first time playing an actual Wii U game on my new Wii U!

Must say, it's a lovely little game - thanks a lot Mr Saturn!

Happy to hear.

The following are left, if anyone wants them:

Wii U:

Runbow.
    Swords and Soldiers II.

3DS:

Nano Assault.

Edit: aaaaaaaaand all the Wii U codes are gone.

Star Fox Wii U is down to €19.99 in Argos, stock is sparse.

More interested in Bayonetta 2 at €16.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Jaysus that reminds me. I got that Nintendo humble bundle ages ago and haven't redeemed any of the codes yet!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Banjo wrote: »
    A battery on its own requires special considerations that a battery in equipment doesn't, its an air transport authority thing. You could try the An Post UK service but technically they shouldn't accept it on the same grounds

Last time I looked, Royal Mail will accept small lithium ion batteries like mobile phone batteries, but An Post won't.

I'm not sure if that has implications for when it is handed over from Royal Mail to An Post for local delivery, but it shouldn't really.

Selling my Wii U to CeX later for €96, the things I do for love (of the switch)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,329 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm thinking of buying one today. Should I?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

xckjoo wrote: »
    Last time I looked, Royal Mail will accept small lithium ion batteries like mobile phone batteries, but An Post won't.

I'm not sure if that has implications for when it is handed over from Royal Mail to An Post for local delivery, but it shouldn't really.

Carrying them by land is fine, but you can't ship them royal mail to Northern Ireland. I don't know if they have some hand-off to An Post for NI but I think the restriction is in carrying them by air, I don't think it's An Post's failing. Anker will only ship to UK, Germany and a handful of other places, and the list looks a lot like the countries where they have their own distribution hubs (ie from which they can ship by land).

Doesn't matter either way, I still can't buy one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Selling my Wii U to CeX later for €96, the things I do for love (of the switch)

Nooooooo! What if you want to play Mario Kart in March (likely)? What if Ninty allow some form of system transfer (very unlikely)?
    Birneybau wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying one today. Should I?

Yes. Well, maybe. I have never loved a console like it. It has some wonderful exclusives. Some of those will make the Switch. Which games do you want?

Advertisement